• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After the Stafford/Goff Trade, Where Does Watson Go?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have the option to get Watson, of course. If they don't get that trade (or decide not to try), better to find out sooner than later. Nothing sucks more than wavering over that 5th year option, or even worse, that first extension and not being sure. QB second contracts are dangerous things (see Goff, Jared).
Oh yeah second year contracts for a QB that isn't clearly a franchise type but the team has some success with are a killer.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets absolutely should not make that trade . Watson doesn't even make them a playoff team and losing all that draft capital would guarantee they'd remain playoff less for the next 5 years minimum
I won't disagree TBH.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That compensation was elevated to dump Goff's contract. Also, no first this year likely added at least one of those picks. Watson will definitely draw big value, but more focused this year and next in terms of draft picks.
True, but all that for a 33 year old QB. Hey it might work out. I was against The Celtics mortgaging the future for Garnett and Allen, I was wrong, maybe Stafford and the Rams prove me wrong again.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but all that for a 33 year old QB. Hey it might work out. I was against The Celtics mortgaging the future for Garnett and Allen, I was wrong, maybe Stafford and the Rams prove me wrong again.

Hey, he's 32 for another week yet lol. Rams are in win now mode with all their vets. They've traded away a lot of picks for vets on the current team and done quite well drafting in later rounds, hopefully they can keep that up.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Lions just got 2 1s, a 3 and a top 15 QB for Stafford. IF Houston trades Watson they'll want at least 4 1s and a 2 now. The Stafford deal just made Watson worth exponentially more than he already was ( and he was worth a shit ton before )
The Lions only got that for Stafford because the Rams basically paid them a 1st to offload Goff's albatross of a contract.

I don't think the Stafford trade is going to ultimately impact Watson's price because it's already at a level that teams are going to not be comfortable with or just barely comfortable with as it is now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Was majorly disappointed after all the hype. This guy isn't a NFL QB.
He is a NFL QB, but then problem goes to a FO of seeing how good they think he is. Just because he is left handed it flips the playbook and offensive line and you have to build for that.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Tannehill was run out of Miami as a scrub and he's flourishing in Tennessee right now. Gase doesn't deserve to be working for an NFL team at this point in my opinion.

Crazy eyes will find his way into an organization. But I doubt he ever gets a crack at being a head coach again.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions probably use all their new firsts and Goff and trade for Watson.

Dead cap number prevents that. They're already paying 17 million to the cap space for Stafford, they aren't going to tack on 21 million and pay Watson. That's damn near 80 million on QB alone.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to the Safford trade. I dont see anyone crazy enough to pay what it will take to get Watson.
Watson will be a Texans this coming year.

Although Gruden is still alive so you never know what that guy will do, when it comes to QBs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to see so many people outraged at Watson's value because people aren't going to understand that the Rams had to pay to dump Goff and future 1sts that are expected to be low 1sts have no where near the same value as top 8 picks.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care where Watson goes as long as it's not to anyone in the NFC North, except maybe the Vikings.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NY Jets - I doubt that the Jets are willing to move on from Darnold so quickly, so I think they can be eliminated too.
You apparently know nothing about the Owner of the NY Jets. For the past three years he's ben unable to do anything with the team because he's been the official US Ambassador to the UK. He's back and Woody Johnson wants his name in all of the New York Newspapers and tabloids. Watson is available and the absolute last f**king thing he wants is for the Miami Dolphins to get Watson.

Watson wants to go to NY or Miami and that's all that Woody had to hear. Darnold, #2, #23 and the jets first round picks in 2022 and 2023. Which will both be in the 20's. The Jets will be 10-6 or 11-5 with Watson at the helm.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You apparently know nothing about the Owner of the NY Jets. For the past three years he's ben unable to do anything with the team because he's been the official US Ambassador to the UK. He's back and Woody Johnson wants his name in all of the New York Newspapers and tabloids. Watson is available and the absolute last f**king thing he wants is for the Miami Dolphins to get Watson.

Watson wants to go to NY or Miami and that's all that Woody had to hear. Darnold, #2, #23 and the jets first round picks in 2022 and 2023. Which will both be in the 20's. The Jets will be 10-6 or 11-5 with Watson at the helm.
I know just as much as everyone else in this forum knows about the owner of the NY Jets, which isn't much, so let us not act like we know him personally or are on calls with him about the future of the team or anything like that. Him being gone for 3 years, I doubt, had anything to do with the way the Jets are right now. They are this bad because of poor coaching decisions and not enough playmakers at each position. The Jets are not trading Darnold and I highly doubt they move away from him right now. I think they give him 1 more year to play out his rookie contract and see if he's worth re-signing. I think they move away from him after 2021. The Jets, even with DeShaun Watson, aren't having much success with the way the Bills and Dolphins look like they are playing. That O-Line needs to be addressed, their RB situation needs to be addressed and they gotta get more weapons for Darnold to use. Let's not even talk about the defense because that is a catastrophe too. The Jets all around need much more help than trading away their future will give them when they receive DeShaun Watson.