• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After 49ers re-sign Ahmad Brooks, Carlos Rogers hopes he’s next

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco cornerback Carlos Rogers said he was happy for his teammate, linebacker Ahmad Brooks, after the team announced that it has re-signed Brooks to a six-year contract. And then Rogers said he hopes he’s next.

“That’s good. I’m happy for him. It’s surprising but get what you can get. He’s a big-time player for this team,” Rogers said of Brooks on SiriusXM NFL Radio, via the Mercury News. “I’m hoping we get something done so I don’t test free agency.”

Rogers signed a one-year, $4.25 million contract last year and said he believes that a season in which he started all 16 games, made the Pro Bowl and helped the 49ers get to the NFC Championship Game should be enough to earn him a healthy raise.

“As cornerbacks, we know our market value,” Rogers said. “[San Francisco] is where my heart is at. They want me back. It’s a business, both for them and me. Hopefully we get something worked out.”

The 49ers and Rogers have two weeks to get something worked out before the start of free agency.

After 49ers re-sign Ahmad Brooks, Carlos Rogers hopes he’s next | ProFootballTalk

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really like to have him back, but after this Brooks signing i seriously doubt we offer him anything close to what Rogers wants at this point.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That’s good. I’m happy for him. It’s surprising but get what you can get. He’s a big-time player for this team,” Rogers said of Brooks on SiriusXM NFL Radio, via the Mercury News. “I’m hoping we get something done so I don’t test free agency.”

Is he saying he thinks we over paid?

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think we will offer rogers in the range of 4 year 40 million deal with a nice signing bonus

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
most free agents are overpaid, thats the nature of free agency. the bigger the name and credentials, the more overpaid.

the question on Brooks is.........was he vastly overpaid, a little overpaid, or where in between?

IF we re-sign Rogers, i'd bet he'll be more overpaid than Brooks, relative to their positions?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most free agents are overpaid, thats the nature of free agency. the bigger the name and credentials, the more overpaid.

the question on Brooks is.........was he vastly overpaid, a little overpaid, or where in between?

IF we re-sign Rogers, i'd bet he'll be more overpaid than Brooks, relative to their positions?

Can't be answered until we know his contract details. Then we have to wait and see what Anthony Spencer gets. Basically it will be a few more weeks before we can answer that question.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't be answered until we know his contract details. Then we have to wait and see what Anthony Spencer gets. Basically it will be a few more weeks before we can answer that question.

correct.

but even then it can't be answered cause we all have our own opinion of his value.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, he is still young, he had a great year and knows the system. The other OLB FA were no better then him

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you been Mem? I didn't think losing to Tomik in Monsters would do that to you. There's always next year bud!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like Rogers is a little upset that the Niners took care of Brooks before him. I think its crazy as well. If they let Rogers get to free agency he will be offended and he will be gone. Who could blame him?

ideally we sign everyone we want, at the price we want, in the order we want. but the Brooks deal looks very reasonable so you do it, don't think Rogers can expect the 9ers to wait till he negotiates first?