• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC Championship: Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots 6:40pm EST on CBS

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add two false fire alarms, one at Gillette Stadium and the other at Hotel where the Steelers are staying. (They caught that clown)
It's total bullshit.

Being woken up and forced to evacuate a hotel the night before a game of this magnitude is no small deal.

I'm just glad the Steelers are playing the later game

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's total bullshit.

Being woken up and forced to evacuate a hotel the night before a game of this magnitude is no small deal.

I'm just glad the Steelers are playing the later game

Yeah, there is always a douchebag somewhere. Happens to opposing teams regularly throughout the NFL. You would think the NFL or the individual teams security could come up with a way to prevent it from happening by now.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ladarius Green (concussion, illness, questionable) is not expected to play in Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Patriots.:suds:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there is always a douchebag somewhere. Happens to opposing teams regularly throughout the NFL. You would think the NFL or the individual teams security could come up with a way to prevent it from happening by now.
Yep typical D-bag fan, each team has them.
Truthfully, it shouldn't have much affect on the game anyway, I doubt many of the players were asleep at that time.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the NFL Network and Bell.....he's such a patient runner.....he waits for the holes to develop and then just runs through them.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both games today have the ability to be on par with the GB-Dallas game. Finally, we have some great postseason football....
Only because we were able to keep rif raff like the Raiders out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to seriously question how much of the Steelers you've watched over the past couple months. James Harrison and Bud Dupree have been bringing it. They have the potential to get after Brady much like the Broncos and Texans have done.

The Steelers played with the Patriots earlier in the season without Roethlisberger and with the Patriots having Gronkowski.

Also, Roethlisberger is a statue? Seriously? Only Rodgers is better at escaping and throwing outside of the pocket.

I'm expecting a great game that will probably be decided in the final minutes, assuming the Steelers aren't drowsy, as apparently one of you mother fuckers pulled the fire alarm at the team's hotel at 3am. LOL
Slow down and read. I said Piitsburgh has a decent front 7 over the last few games. As much as you want that to equate to Denvers' and Houstons' D over the season it won't. Numbers and the eye test prove that. Some of your brethen were making it sound as if the NE offensive line will get decimated.
The Pats are also improved defensively and offensively as the season has gone on. As much as we'd love to have Gronk it doesn't matter NE is still scoring on the same pace.
Look maybe the only more no mobile in the NFL than Big Jen is TB12. But as I mentioned Ben is incredibly difficult to bring down. Please don't try and make it sound like he's mobile or a threat to run.
Yes I'm sure that alarm that some idiot pulled, which didn't cause the team to evacuate will seriously affect their 6pm game:doh:
I'm not sure Tomlin himself could whine more than you just did. At least you already have built in an excuse for losing to NE AGAIN. Bravo:clap:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even follow football? Bennett is listed as a go for the game, and the Patriots reported full participation by the entire 53 man roster.

I heard yesterday that he was doubtful, but no matter, he's a long way from the caliber of Gronk.
They won't be able to stop Bell and Brown. So it's a pick your poison situation.
And I think Pitts will be more successful at pressuring Brady than the pats are Ben.
Don't get your panties in a twist, it's just my opinion, even though I am right more times than not.....:D

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#alarmgate

bill-belichick-patriots-super-bowl-3.jpg

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow down and read. I said Piitsburgh has a decent front 7 over the last few games. As much as you want that to equate to Denvers' and Houstons' D over the season it won't. Numbers and the eye test prove that. Some of your brethen were making it sound as if the NE offensive line will get decimated.
The Pats are also improved defensively and offensively as the season has gone on. As much as we'd love to have Gronk it doesn't matter NE is still scoring on the same pace.
Look maybe the only more no mobile in the NFL than Big Jen is TB12. But as I mentioned Ben is incredibly difficult to bring down. Please don't try and make it sound like he's mobile or a threat to run.
Yes I'm sure that alarm that some idiot pulled, which didn't cause the team to evacuate will seriously affect their 6pm game:doh:
I'm not sure Tomlin himself could whine more than you just did. At least you already have built in an excuse for losing to NE AGAIN. Bravo:clap:

I'm not even going to bother further arguing with your assertion that Roethlisberger is an immobile QB, as I'm pretty sure you're next to the only football fan who holds that opinion.

The Steelers having been pressuring/sacking the QB as well as any team, including the Broncos and Texans, since Dupree came off IR in November. He and Harrison are getting it done.

There's no guarantee that will happen tonight, as Brady typically gets rid of the ball quickly and the Patriots have a good line, but the Steelers definitely have the personnel on defense to create the same problems for the Patriots that the Broncos and Texans do.

The Patriots are going to miss Gronkowski more than you think in a game like this. There's no more beating up on the the AFC east and NFC West. Some big boys are knocking on the door now.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It actually DOES matter. Brady will be down to his 3rd string TE since Gronk and Bennett aren't playing. Brady relies on his TE's a lot.

Big Ben isn't a threat to run? He buys time with his feet all the time until a WR gets open. If his OL isn't giving him enough time. He's not going to get a 15-20 yard run very often but he's not the statue you were making him out to be.

The last comment is why Pats fans are disliked. There's no need to play the game? Since the Pats have already won it? :L

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually DOES matter. Brady will be down to his 3rd string TE since Gronk and Bennett aren't playing. Brady relies on his TE's a lot.

Big Ben isn't a threat to run? He buys time with his feet all the time until a WR gets open. If his OL isn't giving him enough time. He's not going to get a 15-20 yard run very often but he's not the statue you were making him out to be.

The last comment is why Pats fans are disliked. There's no need to play the game? Since the Pats have already won it? :L

The Patriots adapt like any good team. Now they playing with a two RB offense to keep the defense on their toes.

Honestly the "hot" pick among the sport tv "experts" is now Pittsburgh. This is far from a gimme.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots adapt like any good team. Now they playing with a two RB offense to keep the defense on their toes.

Honestly the "hot" pick among the sport tv "experts" is now Pittsburgh. This is far from a gimme.

Was quoting NWPatsfan. He's acting like the game is already over.

vOptix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go Steelerssssss.