• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC Championship: Pittsburgh Steelers vs New England Patriots 6:40pm EST on CBS

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady doesn't need "time". The Patriots game plan for every team they play. Most teams depend on their team to play the same way each week. Belichick exploits that. If the DL is fast and mobile, Brady takes advantage of that and gets the pass out in under 2.5 seconds. He may take a couple of hits but the ball is already in the receiver's hands. If it's a bulrush DL, Brady will hold the ball for 3 seconds and step up and release. Brady knows exactly how much time he has against the Steelers' defense. The techs have put an electronic stopwatch on every pass rush the Steelers have had in the past 8 weeks. They know who is the fastest getting inside, outside and what formations are blitzes. How the hell do think they score 34 points a game? Luck?

Everyone talks about Brady as the total offense. If the defense sends the house to disrupt Brady, all they'll see is 29 or 33 heading downfield. Blount is not Bell, but a 250# human running full speed is extremely difficult to stop, especially for 200# CB or Safety. Lewis doesn't have the power of Bell but he's elusive and extremely quick. They provide an extremely effective change of pace and change of style.

I have all of the respect for the Killer B's and there's no question that they can be a problem to handle for any defense. BUT, the best defenses in the NFL have not been able to shut down the Patriots offense either.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pUpApmcdMnUis.gif

OK......I'M READY....LET'S DO THIS

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these posts are too funny. Not sure if people are just trying to stir up the pot or what? Too add to what @BigKen said already
and no one has refuted why do people think that terrible Steelers D will get to Brady? Pitt has a DECENT front 7. They're not as good as Denver's nor the Texans. The back end is horrid. They've put together a fewgood games late in the season that's all they've done. Houston is also NE south. If that coaching staff couldn't figure out how to stop NE why would anyone believe Tomlin and company can. BB and TB have owned the Steelers the past few seasons. Just because NE gives up yards let's not think that means the killer bees will have a day. Pats hold RBs to under 90 yards. Pats the # scoring D holding oponents. Did everyone forget Pitt couldn't score a TD last week against KC? Granted KC is a formidable D but not as stout against the run. Yet some of you see Pitt putting up 30+? I don't see it. Big Ben is a statue. Hard as heck to get down but a statue none the less. NE when they want will get pressure on him. They will focus on Bell and AB.
Any given Sunday but I don't see it this Sunday the way many of you are predicting.

I have to seriously question how much of the Steelers you've watched over the past couple months. James Harrison and Bud Dupree have been bringing it. They have the potential to get after Brady much like the Broncos and Texans have done.

The Steelers played with the Patriots earlier in the season without Roethlisberger and with the Patriots having Gronkowski.

Also, Roethlisberger is a statue? Seriously? Only Rodgers is better at escaping and throwing outside of the pocket.

I'm expecting a great game that will probably be decided in the final minutes, assuming the Steelers aren't drowsy, as apparently one of you mother fuckers pulled the fire alarm at the team's hotel at 3am. LOL

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to seriously question how much of the Steelers you've watched over the past couple months. James Harrison and Bud Dupree have been bringing it. They have the potential to get after Brady much like the Broncos and Texans have done.

The Steelers played with the Patriots earlier in the season without Roethlisberger and with the Patriots having Gronkowski.

Also, Roethlisberger is a statue? Seriously? Only Rodgers is better at escaping and throwing outside of the pocket.

I'm expecting a great game that will probably be decided in the final minutes, assuming the Steelers aren't drowsy, as apparently one of you mother fuckers pulled the fire alarm at the team's hotel at 3am. LOL

i swear:suds:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAKE UP BITCHES.....IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR SOME POSTSEASON NFL FOOTBALL!!!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

The Big Ben is a statue comment made me LOL.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively for the Steelers I think the key is for the DB's to press more often. They are notorious for playing off the receivers and Brady picks that apart. If they press more and with Harrison and Dupree keeping the pressure it can get Brady off his game.

As for the Patriots if they stop Bell I think the Steelers are in trouble.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the Steelers in this game....
I do too. They are the toughest team left. Add to it, they have proven weapons aside from the 3 B's on offense. This should be a great game.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too. They are the toughest team left. Add to it, they have proven weapons aside from the 3 B's on offense. This should be a great game.

Both games today have the ability to be on par with the GB-Dallas game. Finally, we have some great postseason football....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are gonna wake up as golfers on vacation tomorrow morning.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be spinning the tunes up until game time....

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both games today have the ability to be on par with the GB-Dallas game. Finally, we have some great postseason football....
And good matchups to boot.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Ladarious Green is expected to play.

Given what he showed against the Colts and Giants, he could be a huge factor, with the Patriots focusing on Brown, but Green has not played in over a month.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's much credence to an alarm distraction. Nobody's sleeping soundly anyway and the game's not at 1:00.