• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC Championship Game Week Thread

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would add to how impressive it is in my opinion. He would be doing it with two completely different teams. And when I say "he", I don't mean to imply that he does it all himself.

Hmm. Not exactly sure what you mean by that. Certainly the Pats have undergone a lot of coaching and personnel changes since Brady's been the QB, but they are still the Pats. PFM, on the other hand, is now on his second of "two completely different teams".

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the roster is completely turned over.

The only constant is BB.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilfork was a rookie. No one else.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion was winning SBs with two different teams.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion was winning SBs with two different teams.

Well shit that was 10 years ago that NE last won. Of course nobody's left. That's a dumb discussion.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read two pages and see what the actual discussion was before you come in talking meaninglessness. It's not hard to follow.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do both. The guy spelled out his case. Seemed like he put work into it.I just ignored it, tho. Everybody already knows who Manning and Brady are

Brady and Manning have chance to claim ?best QB ever? title | New York Post

I think that the views in that piece are pretty reasonable, even though I think that GOAT discussions are inherently flawed, since they require comparing players from different eras. That said, the writer ranks Elway 4th all-time, regardless of the outcome of this week, so he's certainly not an idiot who fails to understand that a QB's success depends not only on his own talent, but also on the talent of his coaches and teammates. Still, he clearly ranks Johnny Bronco too low!

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be worth noting, however, that he's been stuck on three for a while now.

He was 3-0 in the Superbowl until he faced a Manning in the Super Bowl. Then went 0-2

Last time Peyton Manning lost to Tommy Brady in the playoffs was 2005 (2004 season). Since then (10 years) Peyton Manning is undefeated in the playoffs vs Tommy Brady

Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since Feb 2005 (2004 season)....that is a whole decade ago. The Mannings have won three Lombardis since, going 3-0 vs Tommy Brady along the way in the playoffs

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about one win as "undefeated over ten years"?

Accurate, sure, but useful to discussion? Not really.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about one win as "undefeated over ten years"?

Accurate, sure, but useful to discussion? Not really.

Basically Brady is 0-3 vs Mannings in playoffs over last decade and Mannings won the Super Bowl every time they beat Brady

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played manning once in the last ten years. His mind is on getting to the Super Bowl, not "Peyton's undefeated in the single playoff matchup we've had in the last 10 years".

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played manning once in the last ten years. His mind is on getting to the Super Bowl, not "Peyton's undefeated in the single playoff matchup we've had in the last 10 years".

Brady. Four Time Super Bowl Champion. Tied with Bradshaw and Montana. After going 0-3 vs the Mannings in the playoffs over the last decade. After not winning a Super Bowl in a decade. Tom Brady's mind.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting thoughts out there...I see it this way. I see Talib on Julius, just like he was on Graham. I see Ryan on DT, he had him one on one during the first game at times. Arrington on Wes, Dennard on Decker to start, see what happens. Going to have to throw some help towards DT I think. As someone said, BB will not get beat deep. Would also not surprise me to see McCourty playing Julius at times. I would like to see Collins try and get some pressure on Manning and hope to make him move in the pocket. No way Manning can run away from Collins, and Collins is a freak! That would cause Den to keep the RB in and block Collins. Of course we have to make sure are DB are playing well for that to happen, if not, then Manning kills us short. Then I think things switch up with the coverage after that. We will give up 200 to Moreno again, although I think are run def is much better than it was before. As for the offense, we have to be able to run. Period. NE can't throw 40x and win this game. We have two WR who are small as shit, KT and AD can't stay healthy and no TE has caught a ball sense week 16, and that was 1 pass. This is not TB of 5 yrs ago, he is not as sharp as he used to be and misses throws. Amendola has dropped a few. Collie is one hit away from being dead. Close game till the 4th, then anything can happen. I pick Den by 7...Good luck Den fans, stay safe and come out healthy!!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather is supposed to be really nice, too, so that shouldn't affect the game.

Doesn't look like the Patriots will have the weather on their side this weekend though as it looks like very little wind and 50's.

Funny, Broncs fans spent five pages of posts and insults toward homer last week denying that the weather had any effect whatsoever on Peyton and the Broncos but here's a couple of them signaling relief that there in fact, won't be poor weather.

I think other than Hilton not a single skill player on their team would start for another team in the league.

Not one other player in a "skill position" would make it anywhere else in the entire league?

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Moreno gets 200 in this game is if he has a 10 yard per carry avg. Broncos are gonna beat the Pats with the pass. We'll mix in the run, but KM won't be getting 35 touches like in that abysmal weather game in NE.

Just because people mention the weather doesn't mean what homer is implying. When you have a pass oriented offense, nasty weather has an effect on the game no matter who the QB is.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because people mention the weather doesn't mean what homer is implying

Oh, I must have misinterpreted the meaning of Patriots not having the weather on their side.

:rollseyes: