• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC Championship Game Week Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kne

ummm actually taken by Notre Dame back in the days under Knute Rockne back can see something close because of Broncos

Nicknames are obviously recycled. Usually you don't have two people or groups called the exact same thing at the same time in the NFL though. A great example is there are plenty of guys who have been called Super Man at different times but you don't usually see two of them have the same nickname at the same time.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The way our defense is getting the ball for us and...the running game has just been awesome," Brady said.

forced turnovers
39 - Seahawks (#1 in NFC)
30 - 49ers (#4 in NFC)
29 - Patriots (#4 in AFC)
26 - Broncos (#6 in AFC)

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning:

"It's the Broncos versus the Patriots... They're a great team...I know it'll be a heck of a game."

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want you to run the ball. As often as possible. Just like we did last meeting.

In the last meeting the Pats seemed to invite Denver to run the ball and throw underneath, taking away deep throws. I won't be surprised to see that again.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last meeting the Pats seemed to invite Denver to run the ball and throw underneath, taking away deep throws. I won't be surprised to see that again.

Doesn't look like the Patriots will have the weather on their side this weekend though as it looks like very little wind and 50's. Throw in Julius is back so the double team on Welker won't be quite as easy to do.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning:

"it will be a battle"

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York Daily News:

"This is a dream matchup...It’s perfect... It’s Magic vs. Bird, Chamberlain vs. Russell, Nicklaus vs. Palmer."

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like the Patriots will have the weather on their side this weekend though as it looks like very little wind and 50's. Throw in Julius is back so the double team on Welker won't be quite as easy to do.

Jamie Collins has emerged as IMO capable of manning up on Thomas when needed. He's got the size, played safety before being moved to LB in college, and was manned up on receivers at points last week. We don't have an awesome matchup for Welker, but Thomas- talib, decker - dennard, and Collins-Thomas are all matchups I can see reasonable success with. I don't mind if we let Welker do what he does underneath, keep the gains minimal, and force as many third downs as possible. Welker will drop some conversions if he's relied too heavily on in those situations, and I'll take my chances.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and Belichick will find a way to cope with whatever Denver comes up with.

Neither of them are Johnny-One-Note types.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie Collins has emerged as IMO capable of manning up on Thomas when needed. He's got the size, played safety before being moved to LB in college, and was manned up on receivers at points last week. We don't have an awesome matchup for Welker, but Thomas- talib, decker - dennard, and Collins-Thomas are all matchups I can see reasonable success with. I don't mind if we let Welker do what he does underneath, keep the gains minimal, and force as many third downs as possible. Welker will drop some conversions if he's relied too heavily on in those situations, and I'll take my chances.

Collins was very effective against Fleener. Thomas figures to be a bit more challenging.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has all the tools. I'm not saying it's an easy matchup but it's one I'm happy with.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot the Bronco running backs. The RB's have 800 yards in this Bronco offense and were used more and more as the season went on by Peyton as teams sat back trying to stop the big play.

Now still not sure on Jamie Collins. He had one good game against a pretty mediocre TE in Fleener. He wasn't even their starter when the season began. Throw in I don't see the Patriots getting the big lead like they did making them have to respect the run of the Broncos as it is better than what the Colts had as well.

Don't get me wrong I expect a great game here and have no clue who is going to emerge victorious. I was feeling a lot more confident about the Broncos winning until I heard Chris Harris is out.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't just covering the TE. He was manned up on WR very effectively at various points throughout the game.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and Belichick will find a way to cope with whatever Denver comes up with.

Neither of them are Johnny-One-Note types.

Good point. Both teams feature pretty versatile offenses and both coaching staffs will adjust to how the game unfolds. Hopefully Bill and Tom will be grumpy at the end of the game. :suds:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports:

"this one, the buildup, the pressure, the history … it'll probably be the highest rated conference title game of all time."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't just covering the TE. He was manned up on WR very effectively at various points throughout the game.

Not saying he can't have success. There just is a difference between the Broncos receivers and that of the Colts. I think other than Hilton not a single skill player on their team would start for another team in the league.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Globe:

"Like Pepsi vs. Coke, BMW vs. Mercedes, Apple vs. Google, Brady vs. Manning represents an on-going struggle for supremacy between the two biggest brand names in the genre
The quarterback comparison is the sexy subplot of the game, but the determining factor will be what it’s always been -- not Brady vs. Manning, but Manning vs. Belichick. This will be the ultimate test for the Hoodie
Aided by a frosty, gusty New England night, the Patriots held Manning to his lowest completion percentage and yardage production of the season in the teams’ meeting Nov. 24.
Manning was 19 of 36 for 150 yards with two touchdowns and an interception as the Patriots dared Denver to run. The Broncos obliged and ran for 280 yards on 48 carries, but surrendered a 24-0 lead, as Brady rallied the Patriots for a 34-31 overtime win and the largest comeback in franchise history.