• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam interviews Lacob

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine Indiana not matching any reasonable contract for Hibbert. Deandre Jordan got 10M plus, I'm sure Hibbert is worth 12.5.

If I'm the Warriors management I throw the entire cap space at Brook Lopez the first day of Free Agency and tell him the offer is only on the table for 3 days. If he signs with us, New Jersey will have to make a decision on whether to match his offer, and give up any shot of signing Dwight, or let him go on the off chance they'd still be able to get Dwight.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine Indiana not matching any reasonable contract for Hibbert. Deandre Jordan got 10M plus, I'm sure Hibbert is worth 12.5.

If I'm the Warriors management I throw the entire cap space at Brook Lopez the first day of Free Agency and tell him the offer is only on the table for 3 days. If he signs with us, New Jersey will have to make a decision on whether to match his offer, and give up any shot of signing Dwight, or let him go on the off chance they'd still be able to get Dwight.

You know Lopez used to be represented by some guy named Bob Myers.

:clap2:

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There were a lot of things that annoyed me about this interview.

First, when Lacob talked about ways to upgrade the team, he mentioned free agency and the draft. Adam had to mention trades before he spoke about them. Trades NEED to be made for this team to even think about becoming a playoff team. The fact that Lacob did not have the trade issue in his mind scares me.

Second, Lacob STILL refuses to admit that _avi_ Lee is overrated. The guy is being paid franchise money and he's giving the team the results of a guy who is getting paid half of what Lee is. For the money Lee is getting paid, that guy should be carrying the Warriors on his back at LEAST once per week. But he's not and he never will be able to. Why? Cuz he's just not that good. And since Owner Joe refuses to admit that, Warriors fans are stuck.

Third, (and this is the one that bothers me the most) Lacob has already given up hope of keeping the team's draft pick in the upcoming draft. That means that under no circumstances would he consider blowing up the team. Every die-hard fan of the Warriors knows that the team has too much money committed to players who cannot take them to the playoffs. There is too much money going to role players and nothing going to superstars. This team would stand a better chance of making the playoffs sooner if the ownership would agree to blow up the franchise and rebuild right away. I think most Warriors fans would gladly take two years of 30-win basketball if it meant the third year was a 50-win season that started a string of 50-win seasons for the next decade.

Finally, Adam talked about how the front office overvalues its players and Lacob went out of his way to deny this. Well, from where I am sitting, the only reason Monta and _avi_ and Biedrins and Curry are still on this team is because the team vastly overvalues their talent level. Not offering Curry for Chris Paul was the biggest indicator that the owners have no clue what they are doing. Don't get me wrong. I like Curry a lot. But when you have a shot to land a true superstar, you open up your roster and offer ANY player there. Period.

I will never stop loving this team, but it is definitely going to be a while before they contend for anything. This interview just proves that the new owners do not understand the game yet.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of things that annoyed me about this interview.

First, when Lacob talked about ways to upgrade the team, he mentioned free agency and the draft. Adam had to mention trades before he spoke about them. Trades NEED to be made for this team to even think about becoming a playoff team. The fact that Lacob did not have the trade issue in his mind scares me.

Second, Lacob STILL refuses to admit that _avi_ Lee is overrated. The guy is being paid franchise money and he's giving the team the results of a guy who is getting paid half of what Lee is. For the money Lee is getting paid, that guy should be carrying the Warriors on his back at LEAST once per week. But he's not and he never will be able to. Why? Cuz he's just not that good. And since Owner Joe refuses to admit that, Warriors fans are stuck.

Third, (and this is the one that bothers me the most) Lacob has already given up hope of keeping the team's draft pick in the upcoming draft. That means that under no circumstances would he consider blowing up the team. Every die-hard fan of the Warriors knows that the team has too much money committed to players who cannot take them to the playoffs. There is too much money going to role players and nothing going to superstars. This team would stand a better chance of making the playoffs sooner if the ownership would agree to blow up the franchise and rebuild right away. I think most Warriors fans would gladly take two years of 30-win basketball if it meant the third year was a 50-win season that started a string of 50-win seasons for the next decade.

Finally, Adam talked about how the front office overvalues its players and Lacob went out of his way to deny this. Well, from where I am sitting, the only reason Monta and _avi_ and Biedrins and Curry are still on this team is because the team vastly overvalues their talent level. Not offering Curry for Chris Paul was the biggest indicator that the owners have no clue what they are doing. Don't get me wrong. I like Curry a lot. But when you have a shot to land a true superstar, you open up your roster and offer ANY player there. Period.

I will never stop loving this team, but it is definitely going to be a while before they contend for anything. This interview just proves that the new owners do not understand the game yet.

It's an election year, made me think of Joe the owner. My bad, don't want to get into politics.