• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD will not sign extension and has requested a trade.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm seeing is the possible deal starts with Lonzo, Kuz, Zu, and a first. LOOK, I love our young core to the death...but that's Anthony Davis. Get it done, and get it done this season if possible, because Boston can't offer a trade until the offseason

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm seeing is the possible deal starts with Lonzo, Kuz, Zu, and a first. LOOK, I love our young core to the death...but that's Anthony Davis. Get it done, and get it done this season if possible, because Boston can't offer a trade until the offseason
Of course what you're saying makes sense from the Lakers perspective.

It makes next to no sense for New Orleans, though. If the Pel's can get a better bidding war this summer... why on earth wouldn't they wait?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course what you're saying makes sense from the Lakers perspective.

It makes next to no sense for New Orleans, though. If the Pel's can get a better bidding war this summer... why on earth wouldn't they wait?
Oh I agree that it's better for the Pels to wait until the summer...I'm just sayin if we get into a situation to where talks start during this season, then I wouldn't hesistate to get it done. As for the C's, I think it comes down to Tatum. That's the trump card. It's debatable as to who has the better package without Tatum involved, but I think things get interesting if they try hold on to Tatum, while we are pretty much saying, here take what you want.

On a sidenote, if Anthony Davis comes out and says I won't or will only resign at a certain spot, then that remarkably changes things.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Celtics are willing to include Tatum then I doubt there are many teams that compete with them in a trade.
You, with Simmons or the Knicks, with a healthy Zingers.

Philly won't deal Simmons and Zingers isn't healthy.

So, agree.

Even with his struggles, Tatum is the best young guy on either of those rosters.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw these trade ideas on BR

1)New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Wendell Carter Jr., Chandler Hutchison, Jabari Parker, 2019 first-round pick (unprotected), 2020 second-round pick (from Memphis, via Chicago), 2021 first-round pick (top-five protection)

Chicago Bulls Receive: Ian Clark (must consent to trade), Anthony Davis, Tim Frazier

2)New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Tobias Harris, Jerome Robinson, Milos Teodosic, 2019 second-round pick, 2021 first-round pick (unprotected and contingent upon obligation to Boston)

Los Angeles Clippers Receive: Ian Clark (must consent to trade), Anthony Davis, Tim Frazier, Frank Jackson

3)New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Lonzo Ball, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac, 2019 first-round pick (unprotected)

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: Anthony Davis, Tim Frazier, Wesley Johnson

4)New Orleans Pelicans Receive: Tim Hardaway Jr., Kevin Knox, Frank Ntilikina, Mitchell Robinson, 2019 first-round pick (unprotected), 2020 second-round pick (from Charlotte, via New York), 2021 first-round pick (top-one protection)

New York Knicks Receive: Anthony Davis, Tim Frazier, Wesley Johnson

5) New Orleans Pelicans Receive: DeMar DeRozan, Bryn Forbes, Lonnie Walker, 2019 first-round pick (unprotected), 2019 first-round pick (from Toronto, via San Antonio)

San Antonio Spurs Receive: Anthony Davis, Tim Frazier, Wesley Johnson

6)New Orleans Pelicans Receive: OG Aunoby, Pascal Siakam, Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, 2021 first-round pick (top-three protection)

Toronto Raptors Receive: Anthony Davis, Darius Miller
Offer #1 Stir-fried dog Shit.

Offer #2 Complete GARBAGE especially when Tobias can walk.

Offer #3 Luke warm depending on the Celtics being willing to part with Tatum.

Offer #4 Plutonium covered horse Shit.

Offer #5 Yuck

Offer #6 Third place after the Celtics and Lakers, in that order.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo.....What about Denver?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a sidenote, if Anthony Davis comes out and says I won't or will only resign at a certain spot, then that remarkably changes things.
Well... yeah, no doubt.

If and when something like that happens... it's obviously a game changer.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time a true ELITE free agent in their prime (mid 20s) signed with the Lakers from another team?

It is a great franchise.
And everyone supposedly wants to go there according to media guys on TV every year.

But, there doesn't seem to be much evidence that supports it in the last few decades.
Most of their signings were drafted or dudes on the wrong side of age 32 and higher.

Ron Artest was age 29, turned 30 in 2nd week of season, so I guess that is probably the answer.
Shaq?
Rick Fox? elite??

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under your green-shaded glasses, of course. I disagree completely. KCP is the much better filler as an expiring contract, Kings and Lakers draft picks are one apart currently (Boston unlikely to get Clippers or Grizz picks if current momentum continues), and you think Brown, Ojeleye and Robinson have more value than Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, and Zubac? Williams is getting 9 min/game. Ojeleye is getting 11. Kuzma is not far from Tatum in terms of production. Brown has regressed a bit this year as well.

That Griz pick is gold. It probably is the most valuable 1st round pick out there right now that is traded.

That pick only get better with time. That Griz pick has the potential to be another Tatum-like coup for whatever team owns it. Not getting that pick this year only increases that picks value. Memphis is about to start a complete rebuild and the pick becomes completely unprotected in 2021.

Meaning if the Griz own a top 8 pick this year and a top 6 pick next year, the 2021 pick could be the #1 overall pick if that is the way it fell.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You, with Simmons or the Knicks, with a healthy Zingers.

Philly won't deal Simmons and Zingers isn't healthy.

So, agree.

Even with his struggles, Tatum is the best young guy on either of those rosters.

Sixers aren't dealing Simmons. Not going to happen.

Offer #5 Yuck

Not sure I agree that the Knicks deal is so terrible.

Knox has looked pretty good. Frankie Smokes still could become decent. And the Knicks might wind up with the no. 1 pick.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to go to a contender that really narrows the list.

Golden State, Denver, OKC, Houston, Utah, Portland, Toronto, Philly, Milwaukee, and Boston. And some of those need to be broken into tiers.

Out of those 10, how many can realistically offer a good package, and would want too?

Does it make sense to team up Jokic and AD? Denver certainly has the assets to get him. Murray, Harris, Burton etc. Denver and Boston seem to be the two teams that can offer the best value.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offer #5 Yuck

Zinger needs to be a part of the deal to get it done. Zinger/Knox/Kanter/Unprotected 2019 1st should be enough to get it done. Pelicans aren't in a position to compete so they give Zinger all the time he needs to recover.

Knicks should do this in a heartbeat. There's no guarantees they'd be able to lure someone this off-season. If you tell them they get to play with Anthony Davis, that recruitment is much more exciting to Durant, Kawhi, Kyrie, Kemba, JB, Klay, etc.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golden State, Denver, OKC, Houston, Utah, Portland, Toronto, Philly, Milwaukee, and Boston. And some of those need to be broken into tiers.

Out of those 10, how many can realistically offer a good package, and would want too?

Does it make sense to team up Jokic and AD? Denver certainly has the assets to get him. Murray, Harris, Burton etc. Denver and Boston seem to be the two teams that can offer the best value.

I don't think he NEEDS to go to a contender, but a team that can BUILD a contender. Knicks certainly fit that bill.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers aren't dealing Simmons. Not going to happen.

Not sure I agree that the Knicks deal is so terrible.

Knox has looked pretty good. Frankie Smokes still could become decent. And the Knicks might wind up with the no. 1 pick.
Lmfao...

Hathaway is a inefficient gunner on a HORRIFIC long-term deal.

Frank may not be a bust. But, he was clearly picked way to high and is a one way player * Defense*.

Knox has potential. But, he's a project.

Ditto for Robinson.

So, you are basically trading a top 5 player for a shot at Zion?

That is a GARBAGE offer.

Reactions: GNG

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to hype him up unreasonably... just entering Williams III name into the convo as a decent trade chip who has good potential as a modern, athletic 5 in the mold of Clint Capela.
Seems like you are overvaluing your player, but what the hell do I know?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zinger needs to be a part of the deal to get it done. Zinger/Knox/Kanter/Unprotected 2019 1st should be enough to get it done. Pelicans aren't in a position to compete so they give Zinger all the time he needs to recover.

Knicks should do this in a heartbeat. There's no guarantees they'd be able to lure someone this off-season. If you tell them they get to play with Anthony Davis, that recruitment is much more exciting to Durant, Kawhi, Kyrie, Kemba, JB, Klay, etc.
Yup.

That's what I said too.

A healthy Zinger changes the equation.

If he's not included, the Knicks offer is as bad as the Clippers.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a trade is done right, AD can make a non-contender into a contender. Like the Lakers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao...

Frank may not be a bust. But, he was clearly picked way to high and is a one way player * Defense*.

Knox has potential. But, he's a project.

Ditto for Robinson.

So, you are basically trading a top 5 player for a shot at Zion?

That is a GARBAGE offer.

Well they aren't making that trade in the next week or so. The assumption is that this trade will happen in the off-season.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you are overvaluing your player, but what the hell do I know?
What part of that analysis do you disagree with?

If Williams was on the Lakers instead of Zubac... he'd be getting more minutes and L.A. fans would be going psycho over his potential. He is as athletic/electric as a 5 comes.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao...

latest