• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD traded to Lakers

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuz is a perfect complimentary piece on this Lakers team.
  • He's not a lead dog himself. He doesn't need the ball in his hands or plays just for him.
  • But he can shoot and he can cut to the basket.
  • So he's gonna get a bunch of open 3's and open dunks.
Kuz should be set up to shoot 40% from 3 and 50% from the field.

I don't get why everyone sees so much potential in Kuzma. Every time I see him play he looks lost. His outside shot was more erratic with Lebron which is very concerning, he seems like a player that plays better on a crappy team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're the Lakers, do you settle for a top 2nd tier free agent, or would you rather use the cap space to acquire some additional starters? Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Some guys I think the Lakers should target:
Patrick Beverly
JJ Redick
Wes Matthews
Thad Young
Robin Lopez
Taj Gibson
Seth Curry

Beverly and Redick would be nice fits, even Seth off the bench. If you can't get Kemba, Kyrie or Kawhi than imo you go this route. I would try and offer something to Brogdon even though he is a RFA, just bc fuck it. Beverly, Redick and Lopez would be nice additions.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Kuzma isn't his salary. It's the fact that they will end up giving him more minutes than he deserves when he isn't that good because they want to develop him. Lakers aren't a team with Lebron and AD that need to waste time developing young youth. Trade Kuzma's sorry ass for a solid veteran while his stock is still high.
I didn't get why everyone sees so much potential in Kuzma. Every time I see him play he looks lost. His outside shot was more erratic with Lebron which is very concerning, he seems like a player that plays better on a crappy team.
You sound like a crazy person.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Kuzma isn't his salary. It's the fact that they will end up giving him more minutes than he deserves when he isn't that good because they want to develop him. Lakers aren't a team with Lebron and AD that need to waste time developing young youth. Trade Kuzma's sorry ass for a solid veteran while his stock is still high.

Um, no. 18.7/5.5 in 33 minutes in a season where his 3pt% dropped. Assuming the spacing is much better with AD and Lebron now in place, his percentages should improve (although his PPG and REB may not, due to AD's presence).

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without KD the Warriors are darn good.
Klay's gonna miss a lot of time too. They are still probably a low seed playoff team but they need all 4 in the playoffs to contend

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The Lakers will have an MLE/Room Exception to offer (which size will depend on when the AD trade is finalized) and veteran minimum contracts to offer once they use up their cap space. They don't have Bird rights (need 3 years under contract) on any of their free agents, so they can't go over the cap to re-sign any of them.

May want to verify on

KCP
Bullock
Muscala

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're the Lakers, do you settle for a top 2nd tier free agent, or would you rather use the cap space to acquire some additional starters? Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Some guys I think the Lakers should target:
Patrick Beverly
JJ Redick
Wes Matthews
Thad Young
Robin Lopez
Taj Gibson
Seth Curry

Seth
Mathews
JJ Redick

Not very high on Beverly his jump shot is iffy, better option than Rondo, though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beverly and Redick would be nice fits, even Seth off the bench. If you can't get Kemba, Kyrie or Kawhi than imo you go this route. I would try and offer something to Brogdon even though he is a RFA, just bc fuck it. Beverly, Redick and Lopez would be nice additions.

Beverley yes. Redick is coming off too big of a contract to get cheap enough IMO. Seth I like as well, especially as a bench option. Brogdon again I think will be too expensive (and can't see the Bucks letting him go), but might consider an offer to Tomas Satoransky. They could also bring back Bullock as a cheap 3/D type. Still don't want Lopez.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth
Mathews
JJ Redick

Not very high on Beverly his jump shot is iffy, better option than Rondo, though.

Beverly is one of the best free agent defenders out there and he's definitely needed with a Lakers team that didn't really play any last year.

On top of that Beverly will be relegated to spot up 3 point shooting. He's a career 38% three point shooters and his last 4 years he's had 3 pt averages of 40%, 38.2%, 40% and 39.7%. That's more that adequate for what he's being brought in for.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no. 18.7/5.5 in 33 minutes in a season where his 3pt% dropped. Assuming the spacing is much better with AD and Lebron now in place, his percentages should improve (although his PPG and REB may not, due to AD's presence).

30% 3pt fg% isn't going to cut it playing with Lebron. He's a fourth option at best on a contender who will be open for threes whose 3 point fg% goes down when playing with great players. He won't work out, trade his ass.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beverly is one of the best free agent defenders out there and he's definitely needed with a Lakers team that didn't really play any last year.

On top of that Beverly will be relegated to spot up 3 point shooting. He's a career 38% three point shooters and his last 4 years he's had 3 pt averages of 40%, 38.2%, 40% and 39.7%. That's more that adequate for what he's being brought in for.
The epitome of "3 and D"

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to the Lakers? He played in LA for one year, lol. Randle played well under value at $9M last season. You can choose to believe he isn't looking for drastically more, but I have a feeling you'll be proven wrong there.

I guess the Bucks can enjoy their "condending" status (I guess that means "nearly contending"?) while the Lakers immediately jump to the betting favorites without even filling out their roster.
Leave the Bucks out of this... They are secured contenders to dominate the NBA for the next decade... They simply are not the subject of this conversation... Simply nothing to compare with the LA(O)L circus...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May want to verify on

KCP
Bullock
Muscala

KCP has signed two one-year deals. Don't think that qualifies.

Bullock was signed to a two year deal by the Pistons using Bird rights, so they might have his (same with Muscala).

Bullock is the only one of the three of any interest to me. The other two have large cap holds and are going to be let go unless they agree to much smaller contracts very early on in the process. KCP isn't a good enough shooter to pay what he will want IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beverley yes. Redick is coming off too big of a contract to get cheap enough IMO. Seth I like as well, especially as a bench option. Brogdon again I think will be too expensive (and can't see the Bucks letting him go), but might consider an offer to Tomas Satoransky. They could also bring back Bullock as a cheap 3/D type. Still don't want Lopez.

Redick is about to be 35, I think he would accept 1 year $8 possibly.
Bullock - I wouldn't want him, maybe for minimum but nothing more.
I meant Brook Lopez on another cheap deal, unlikely though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma being under rookie contract (and refusing to join klutch) is exactly what makes him a worthy trading piece for the Lakers (new) co~owners (now Klutch and Lebron) to use in a trade.

Hold god you're idiotic.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave the Bucks out of this... They are secured contenders to dominate the NBA for the next decade... They simply are not the subject of this conversation...
Or at least 2 years before Giannis gets signed by Golden State as a FA

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave the Bucks out of this... They are secured contenders to dominate the NBA for the next decade... They simply are not the subject of this conversation...

So which big name(s) will the Bucks add to the roster for next year?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't dominate without multiple titles. Let me know when Giannis finds a consistent jumper.