• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD narrows it down to two teams

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be mentioned that this is yet another kick in the nutz by Davis to the Pelicans.

AD has not come across well at all these past several months.

Yea just shut up and let your value maximize dummy

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments who made as an analyst? Griffin?

Griffin has been said to like the Lakers offer and that he would have taken it the first time it was offered.

That's not a rumor.

Gayle Benson was asked a direct question re: the "over my dead body" comments, said she didn't and called it absurd.

You bring up old rumors that have been denied and then claim that I only listen mention rumors I like.

That's cool.

Wait, what rumor did I bring up?

And you clearly want to spin things against them despite "not having a dog in this hunt". Which is natural since it's the Lakers.

Hate to break the news to you but on the list of NBA teams I hate the order is....

Celtics
Knicks
Lakers
Raptors just because Drake has pissed me off.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make any reference to any Gayle Benson rumors.

Rumors are generally worthless during the silly season.

Really?

You didn't say "They have a new GM, but they still have the same owner and coach"?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

You didn't say "They have a new GM, but they still have the same owner and coach"?

I sure did say that. Pretty sure that isn't a rumor, as shopson already alluded to.

Are you suggesting that the only reason the Pelicans didn't take the Lakers deal was Dell Demps? Possible, I guess. Seems unlikely to me though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure did say that. Pretty sure that isn't a rumor, as shopson already alluded to.

Yes, you were suggesting that because they have the same owner they wouldn't want to deal with the Lakers. That is based off the Benson rumor.

Are you suggesting that the only reason the Pelicans didn't take the Lakers deal was Dell Demps? Possible, I guess. Seems unlikely to me though.

Well, since Griffin said that he likes the Lakers players and would have taken the offer when it was first made, Gayle Benson has denied the "over my dead body" comment, Demps got himself fired and Gentry has also been said to like the Lakers players...it seems logical that Demps had an awful lot to do with it.

Of course, none of that makes AD to the Lakers a guarantee. Especially since I haven't heard anything about how much they like the Knicks players as compared to the Lakers.

There will also likely be at least another team or 2 not being talked about right now that may jump into the mix.

Then, of course, as @wildturkey mentioned, there's always the possibility of the Lakers blowing a 3-1 lead in the AD sweepstakes. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you were suggesting that because they have the same owner they wouldn't want to deal with the Lakers. That is based off the Benson rumor.

Well it's really based off the fact that the Lakers offered the entire kitchen and the Pelicans turned it down. Maybe Dell Demps did that all on his own. But it seems unlikely to me.

Well, since Griffin said that he likes the Lakers players and would have taken the offer when it was first made, Gayle Benson has denied the "over my dead body" comment, Demps got himself fired and Gentry has also been said to like the Lakers players...it seems logical that Demps had an awful lot to do with it.

Of course, none of that makes AD to the Lakers a guarantee. Especially since I haven't heard anything about how much they like the Knicks players as compared to the Lakers.

There will also likely be at least another team or 2 not being talked about right now that may jump into the mix.

Then, of course, as @wildturkey mentioned, there's always the possibility of the Lakers blowing a 3-1 lead in the AD sweepstakes. lol

I don't think that Demps made any decision on his own.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks and Lakers

Will this affect what others teams offer for him now?

Will Boston risk trading Tatum for a possible one year rental?

They shouldn't....if he's put it out there that he wants to be in NY or LAL, there's a good chance any other team will be renting him for a season and he's going to end up where he wants to be as a FA.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I doubt he did either. He was definitely the fall guy though.

Oh for sure.

I think it is possible that Benson and her advisors were legitimately pissed at how AD and Clutch handled the situation and just said "screw them" at the time but now that they have had some time they may rethink things.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure.

I think it is possible that Benson and her advisors were legitimately pissed at how AD and Clutch handled the situation and just said "screw them" at the time but now that they have had some time they may rethink things.

Because at the time Kyrie wasn't more than likely to leave boston, leaving one significant bidder.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's talk.

We've already seen that AD and his people are not above trying to manipulate everyone with talk.

And then AD walked back that talk after the last trading window closed.

So... :noidea:
Is the latest even something AD said? Anyone hear him say it?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Right.

This is totally where I'm at, as well.

And the C's have options even if they lose Kyrie. For example, they can go after Mike Conley to fill that slot.

A fab five of Conley / Brown / Hayward / AD / Horford is an instant title contender too.
Enough to offer to get Conley after trading for AD?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, well, well....with the KD injury, I'd Assume that the Knicks wouldn't be as in for giving the "house" for AD anymore....which leaves only the Lakers? Outside of the Lakers, maybe a team out of nowhere joins the fray?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors have a big impact too. Especially if its someone like Woj and Shams reporting it
Shams/woj reporting something matters to the people who actually make decisions? Really?

Like when woj said PG was headed to LA?