• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD narrows it down to two teams

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's talk.

We've already seen that AD and his people are not above trying to manipulate everyone with talk.

And then AD walked back that talk after the last trading window closed.

So... :noidea:

He only walked it back a tiny bit. He basically said he would accept a trade anywhere, but that it didn't mean he would sign an extension just anywhere. That's where his preference for the Lakers and Knicks comes in. Without Kyrie, what keeps AD in Boston next summer if they trade picks, Tatum, and another guard away for him?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unfortunate injury to Durant means he probably exercises his player option and stays with the Warriors next year.

This hurts the Knicks big time who were one of the biggest front runners to sign him.

Not only that, Dubs gonna give his broken ass who they broke because he wanted to be for his team...gonna give him a supermax like tomorrow

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, Dubs gonna give his broken ass who they broke because he wanted to be for his team...gonna give him a supermax like tomorrow

If this happens, it will surely test the theory about how much luxury tax GS is willing to pay.

Still think it might be possible that they play everybody.

Franchise value and the new arena create possibilities for GS that may not exist for most other teams.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise value and the new arena create possibilities for GS that may not exist for most other teams.

What do you mean by this? The new arena is certainly going to help with revenue. But it's not like it is THAT big a difference. It's possible that they keep AD although I still doubt it. A nice moment with Iggy and Steph helping him to the locker room doesn't change the situation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk what they'll offer but all signs point to them making some offer to the pelicans. If it is good enough is another question

Yeah, that's the thing. I don't think there is any doubt that the Celtics and other teams will make offers. But the question is, how much are they willing to offer.

For the Celtics, they have a really good young roster and a potential star in Tatum. If they make an offer that doesn't include Tatum, I don't think they will be able to beat a Knicks or Lakers offer. They may not be able to beat them even if they include Tatum (depends on how much the Pels value the 3rd or 4th picks). But they definitely can't without him.

Tough choice for them. If they give up Tatum and AD leaves, they're back to rebuilding.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Night: Lakers blow a 3-1 lead, Davis traded elsewhere

I mean this is hopeful for the Lakers....Griffin is pursuing a combination of assets that include an All-Star player, a young player with All-Star potential and two first-round picks, league sources said.

The Lakers have 3 of those 4 things. Ingram - he could be categorized as an All-Star type of player potential. Lonzo or Kuzma - could be AS potential. They have one 1st round pick. Now they need to work on getting another 1st rounder.

The Knicks can only offer 1 of those things. One 1st round pick in 2019. I guess Knox could be potential AS, but we haven't seen that out of him (Lonzo would also be in that category).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. We saw this with PG-13 and Kawhi.

To have a top player for a full year, teams will take that risk if they think they can win a title by adding AD

To be fair, we don't know what Kawhi is going to do yet. Most seem to think he leaves whether the Raptors win the title or not. But it's Kawhi, so no one really knows anything.

Either way, the Thunder and Raptors were in different situations than the Celtics are.

Both the Thunder and the Raptors were at a bit of a crossroads. They had gone as far as they likely were ever going to go, so they had to decide between trying to take that next step by making a big trade, or blowing it up and starting a rebuild.

It hasn't gone that well for the Thunder as they still got bounced early. It's worked out considerably better for the Raptors so far.

The Celtics are a young team with a potential star in Tatum. There is really no need for them to essentially give up on Tatum for a possible one year rental. They could keep him, use draft picks to trade for (or draft) a couple more pieces and look at contending for several years rather than possibly just one.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean this is hopeful for the Lakers....Griffin is pursuing a combination of assets that include an All-Star player, a young player with All-Star potential and two first-round picks, league sources said.

The Lakers have 3 of those 4 things. Ingram - he could be categorized as an All-Star type of player potential. Lonzo or Kuzma - could be AS potential. They have one 1st round pick. Now they need to work on getting another 1st rounder.

The Knicks can only offer 1 of those things. One 1st round pick in 2019. I guess Knox could be potential AS, but we haven't seen that out of him (Lonzo would also be in that category).

The Knicks can also offer the two Macs picks, one of which is an unprotected 1st in 2 years.

The only team that could come close to that haul is the Celtics if they were to go all in on AD. Ingram is a potential all-star who can't stay healthy. Lonzo also can't stay healthy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said.....

Woj: Lakers still "favorites" to land Paul George - Lakers Outsiders

We will find out in the next 2 weeks.

I think you have a better chance if you can flip Lonzo or Ingram for a high pick.

Not really on the bold. From what I have read and heard, the Pels really like Ingram. Griffin is said to really like the idea of Zion, Jrue Holiday, Ingram and another young player.

The question mark is Lonzo. I've heard talk (at least on sports talk here) that the Pels like Lonzo too, but not as much as they like Ingram.

If I'm the Lakers, I'm on the phone with Griffin and asking do you want Lonzo or another high draft pick. If they want the pick, then my next call is to the Suns or Bulls to see if I can flip Lonzo for their pick.

Having said all of that...they call it the lying season for a reason. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics are a young team with a potential star in Tatum. There is really no need for them to essentially give up on Tatum for a possible one year rental. They could keep him, use draft picks to trade for (or draft) a couple more pieces and look at contending for several years rather than possibly just one.

I don't know if going for AD is the right move for the Celtics but if they let Kyrie walk and don't bring in a superstar they are almost certainly doomed to mid-seed obscurity.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if going for AD is the right move for the Celtics but if they let Kyrie walk and don't bring in a superstar they are almost certainly doomed to mid-seed obscurity.

If kd opts in you gotta think the changes of Kyrie going back to Boston at least for a 1 and 1 go up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, we don't know what Kawhi is going to do yet. Most seem to think he leaves whether the Raptors win the title or not. But it's Kawhi, so no one really knows anything.

Yeah I get that but don't you think even if Kawhi leaves, it was all worth it assuming they win the title?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks can also offer the two Macs picks, one of which is an unprotected 1st in 2 years.

The only team that could come close to that haul is the Celtics if they were to go all in on AD. Ingram is a potential all-star who can't stay healthy. Lonzo also can't stay healthy.

Griffin wants two 2019 picks. That's why he wants the deal to go through before this upcoming draft. He wants to rebuild immediately. The Knicks don't have anything he wants other than that #3 pick.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. If Tatum is truly a star, they have other really nice pieces around him. They could be contenders with just a couple of the right moves and continued development.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boston rumored is going after Capela hard. Do we even know if Boston offered a trade? If they are going after Capela than AD is a no go. Horford, AD and Capela doesn't work.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get that but don't you think even if Kawhi leaves, it was all worth it assuming they win the title?

Yeah, for them, it definitely was worth it.

They had hit their ceiling with that roster. They needed to either make a big trade or start over. They took a big risk and at worst, they got themselves their first finals appearance. Absolutely worth it.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 220,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We will let fate decide...heads, New York; tails Los Angeles..."
Prince Akim, Coming to America