• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC ACC

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC's bowl record is always good because they play a bunch of B1G teams which always blow it. I'd like to see the SEC play more PAC schools in bowls because I really think the PAC12 is underrated often. TAMU almost losing to Duke was pretty bad. They have a heisman winner at QB and they shit the bed most of that game. Iowa wasn't a great team and they gave LSU a fight. I do think the gap between the SEC and other conferences is definitely closing.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would never root for a big 12 team in the title. I don't want OU to have the competition. If I were to ever say team BIG12 it would simply be for trolling. I couldn't imagine a Texas, OU or OSU fan deep down actually wanting success for each other. Whereas in the SEC, rivals like AU and BAMA actually have each others backs :noidea:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not understand how Vegas works? The only reason they were a double digit underdog was to bring in bets.
I've placed a bet or a thousand, so I understand how the line is set. However, in order to get money on both sides the line has to be realistic ... if it is too high or too low to what the common perception is, then the line will be adjusted. So, the line is typically a good barometer of the relative strengths of the two teams.

Missouri (2nd best in the SEC that has 14 teams) beat Oklahoma State (3rd best in the BIG12 that has 10 teams).
Was Missouri the second best, or Bama?

As to the rest of the post, the original argument was that the top of the SEC didn't perform. I think they did, you think they didn't. We agree to disagree.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've placed a bet or a thousand, so I understand how the line is set. However, in order to get money on both sides the line has to be realistic ... if it is too high or too low to what the common perception is, then the line will be adjusted. So, the line is typically a good barometer of the relative strengths of the two teams.

Was Missouri the second best, or Bama? You could argue either

As to the rest of the post, the original argument was that the top of the SEC didn't perform. I think they did, you think they didn't. We agree to disagree.

And that's what I was talking about with Vegas. The line is set according to perception to get people to bet. It's not always a true measure of the teams themselves, but perception.

You could argue either Mizzou or Bama was second best, but either way, OkSt wasn't in their league and if they are it's near the bottom of it.

Agree to disagree.