• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Above Reproach

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine what kind of volcano explosion meltdown we'll see on the sidelines this Sunday evening if Seattle drops something similar to 42-13 again.

It's not a matter of if, but when, if he continues with this behavior that one of his own players knocks him the fuck out during a practice. He's not in college anymore where these guys have total control over all players. Someone is going to snap back at one of his tantrums and it will be richly deserved.

Please please please please PLEASE let there be cameras rolling when that happens!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sherman (or any player) had said it, I would not mind, but a coach needs to set a good example, especially one who stated his team is above reproach.

The coach is supposed to be the example of what the team is. When the coach shows that he can be goaded into tantrums and whining, it gives the appearance (true or not) that the team itself will be less disciplined. If the coach can't control himself, then the players may follow that lead. That hasn't seemed to happen in SF, yet, but it should be a concern.

The issue I have with Harbaugh's "above reproach" statement, is that as a coach it doesn't do anything for his team, but it motivates the hell out of the other team. It gives players like Sherman and Browner (who both maintain they did not use PEDs) that much more motivation to shove those words down his throat. As the head coach, that kind of bulletin board material should be avoided.

In the end, the comment was meaningless, but if the Hawks come out and trash the 9ers this coming week, that comment could hang around the rest of the season.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said stoker!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only true if the call went in his favor. Us Niner fans don't care about the tantrums because he is winning and winning often. HammerDown, if he was the coach of the Titans, you would love it.

It's hard to argue about anything when your NFL coach pulls off a 12-4. Most fans would let the coach pillage the city for that kind of record.

But few coaches ever walk into as sweet a situation as Harbaugh did. He waltzed onto a team that spent 8 years collecting high draft picks and had all the pieces in place to be a playoff caliber team, but just hadn't had the right coach to put it all together.

But, him being your coach comes with a significant cost. He's an absolute tool of a human being and is always striving to put it on public display. There are plenty of NFL players who are sociopaths with anger issues, but coaches are another deal because of the responsibilities the job asks. It's why I believe he will burn out real fast and wear out his welcome even faster.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Almost any fan would be disillusioned and humiliated if their coach conducted himself like that.

They would? I'd be disillusioned and humiliated if my coach lost. Or if he cheated (Belichick) or if he whipped his junk out during a speech (Singletary). Or if he ditched his team mid-season (Petrino) or if he assaults another coach (Tom Cable).

If he's intense, opinionated & incendiary towards opponents, I have no problem with it as long as he's winning. In fact, I can't get enough of it. Intensity is contagious, and that's a big reason his players would run through a brick wall for him. He's a dream come true in SF after many years of goobers (Mooch) hacks (Nolan) and incompetents (singletary).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim fits the Whiners perfectly if you get my meaning. Also that nickname has gained more and more traction because of Harbaugh's actions. What happens if the 49ers do not win? Do any 49er fans believe Jim would be welcome around there for long? you got to understand if he is "this" bad of a sore winner just think what this tool will be like if the team is losing. Don't worry about coaches hitting other coaches Harbaugh will not only drop his pants but he most likely will take swings at any player that messes up. The Guy is a tool, no if ands or buts about it. Harbaugh preaches one thing then sticks his foot in his mouth over and OVER again. How can this not bother 49er fans even a little??

The Fact that 49er fans say "so what as long as we win" proves one thing to me. Had they had 15 players using roids they would say "so what as long as we win". Yet they want to use a player or two against the Hawks as a milk crate to stand on lol. 49er fans do not care as long as they are winning. But in a way i can understand that after losing FOR SO LONG. As hawks fans we been there through most of the 90's but that was because of a owner that WANTED the team to lose and did everything he could to make the team lose. He wanted the fans to hate the team so when he moved them they wouldn't fight. He misjudged the fan support in Seattle just like every one else did and still do.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What happens if the 49ers do not win? Do any 49er fans believe Jim would be welcome around there for long?

Of course not! Head Coaches aren't hired to win popularity contests. They're hired to win.

How can this not bother 49er fans even a little??

The aforementioned winning. People are only bothered by how outspoken & opinionated he is because they're jealous of how good he is. Every single fan who's complaining about him would have the exact opposite attitude about him if he were their coach & winning, but I, for one, wouldn't complain about him if he were another team's coach. I've always been a Harbaugh fan even when he was a player & a coach at SDSU & Stanford.

The Fact that 49er fans say "so what as long as we win" proves one thing to me. Had they had 15 players using roids they would say "so what as long as we win".

This is bull shit. Talking crap about opponents isn't cheating. Using 'roids is cheating. Nothing justifies cheating; that's why the Patriots' SB wins are tainted & deserve an asterisk.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Harbaugh win if he started his career with the Hawks team that Pete started with? I think not and i bet they would still be a 4 win team to this day with Harbaugh at the helm. 49ers were all ready built to win, lets see what happens over the years as the talent erodes. He basically held serve last season but lets see how it plays out over the next 3 years lol. I see hard times coming for the 49ers even though Kaep seems to be a keeper.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Would Harbaugh win if he started his career with the Hawks team that Pete started with? I think not and i bet they would still be a 4 win team to this day with Harbaugh at the helm.

You sir...

...are entitled to your opinion.

I see hard times coming for the 49ers even though Kaep seems to be a keeper.

Mostly young core of players, really healthy salary cap, amazing 2013 draft, best coach in the NFL... I'll have to respectfully disagree.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as PC and JS are together Harbaugh and Baalke (is that correct? ) will play second fiddle.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The aforementioned winning. People are only bothered by how outspoken & opinionated he is because they're jealous of how good he is. Every single fan who's complaining about him would have the exact opposite attitude about him if he were their coach & winning, but I, for one, wouldn't complain about him if he were another team's coach. I've always been a Harbaugh fan even when he was a player & a coach at SDSU & Stanford.

Not true at all. I've always disliked Harbaugh. I couldn't stand him as a player. I think he's a jerk, always have, it doesn't matter who he's coaching for. Besides, if Harbaugh was the coach of the Broncos, most likely no one on this board takes two seconds to harp on what he did.

I've even disliked coaches for my team before, successful and not. Case in point - Tom Flores, Dennis Erickson, Mike Leach, Bill Doba, Paul Wulff, Ken Bone, Dick Bennett, P.J. Carlesimo & Don Wakamatsu. So saying that everyone would compromise their own integrity as long as their team won more isn't true.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Harbaugh win if he started his career with the Hawks team that Pete started with? I think not and i bet they would still be a 4 win team to this day with Harbaugh at the helm. 49ers were all ready built to win, lets see what happens over the years as the talent erodes. He basically held serve last season but lets see how it plays out over the next 3 years lol. I see hard times coming for the 49ers even though Kaep seems to be a keeper.

Yeah, because he took over powerhouses in San Diego and Stanford and "held serve".

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true at all. I've always disliked Harbaugh. I couldn't stand him as a player. I think he's a jerk, always have, it doesn't matter who he's coaching for. Besides, if Harbaugh was the coach of the Broncos, most likely no one on this board takes two seconds to harp on what he did.

I've even disliked coaches for my team before, successful and not. Case in point - Tom Flores, Dennis Erickson, Mike Leach, Bill Doba, Paul Wulff, Ken Bone, Dick Bennett, P.J. Carlesimo & Don Wakamatsu. So saying that everyone would compromise their own integrity as long as their team won more isn't true.

Did you stop rooting for the team when you didn't like the coach? How exactly did you show that you were NOT compromising your own integrity if your team was successful yet your coach was disliked? Because your team has a bunch of dudes that had some cloudy piss yet you still root for them relentlessly...where is your moral compass then? Your integrity is ok with cheering for multiple players that cheat to win?

I frankly don't care about the cloudy piss but you are the one championing the purest of integrity. I am curious as to how exactly you aren't compromising your own integrity, as you said so eloquently in your post, by rooting for a team with proven cheaters yet you are morally outraged with Harbs talking shit or throwing a tantrum on the sideline, both not against the rules.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

So you're saying if you were a losing team, and he took the Seahawks to the NFC Championship game his first year and the SB the next year, you'd still be complaining about the guy's comments? You can say that honestly?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what 49ers fans were subjected to for a decade before Harbaugh was hired, I can sympathize with their plight. Most of them were soo hungry for this, Saddam Hussien could be their coach, and as long as he gave them a 12-4 season, they would look the other way at whatever trainwreck psycho behavior went along with it. But eventually, something occurs that burns the most win hungry fanbase. And with Harbaugh's case, it will be some meltdown that can't be ignored.

The guy is a mental health risk. Even in the city of SF that celebrates such weirdness, eventually, he'll be forced out for the sake of the dignity of the franchise.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Harbaugh always strikes me as a guy that's uncomfortable and awkward with the media. The things he says aren't really egregious but just really awkwardly delivered in the media. Ask any coach if they want their team to be "above reproach" and likely everyone single one of them will say yes. But just like you want you kids to be above reproach you know throughout their lives they are going to do things that aren't above it but they are still your kids and you still love them. Coaches are used car salesmen when it comes to the media which is why I don't buy a whole lot into what any of them spout.

Most reports I've read is that the team loves him and I haven't heard of any rumblings or hints that anyone in the organization really dislikes him. So I tend to believe that in person he's probably not some wound up and crazed lunatic that's spouting off crazy lines and jumping up and down all the time.

I can understand why people are irritated by him though. He's the kid that would say the game cheats when you beat him in Madden, the guy that would take out the second baseman to breakup a double play in a charity softball game, and the guy who would throw at his own kid at a father son game (guess that movie reference :D)

That element is what drives and makes him a great coach it's just not the most endearing element when it comes to making friends.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my money Harbaugh is the best HC in the NFC West and the 3rd cleanest from a PR point of view.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What is weird is everybody I know hates Pete Carrol. They can't stand him.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of this stuff matters.
Sunday night matters.