• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Above Reproach

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However he never claimed that his team would be beyond reproach. No team wants the team to suffer because a player did something stupid. The idea that some coach feels that he so "God like" that a player on his team would never do something stupid is just so....well stupid. It really makes no difference what the problem is, at the end it falls on the individuals players and no amount of education or preaching can change that. To have someone claim otherwise invites the storm that is sure to follow.

You guys are obviously going to read into Harbaugh's comments however you want. What he said is you want to be above reproach when it comes to CHEATING, and he was specifically addressing the use of performance enhancing drugs. He said you don't want people to think you are good only because you are cheating. His comments are so cut and dry yet you guys want to apply it to every situation. Of course every coach in the NFL wants his players to be perfect angels, but that's not reality. I know that, you know that, and Harbaugh knows that. Nobody is going to "above reproach" in all facets of life. He is certainly wrong for playing Aldon today. It's unfortunate that teams cannot suspend players because of the new CBA. Aldon should suit up and sit on the bench, then get his punishment that the NFL sees fit.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are obviously going to read into Harbaugh's comments however you want. What he said is you want to be above reproach when it comes to CHEATING, and he was specifically addressing the use of performance enhancing drugs. He said you don't want people to think you are good only because you are cheating. His comments are so cut and dry yet you guys want to apply it to every situation. Of course every coach in the NFL wants his players to be perfect angels, but that's not reality. I know that, you know that, and Harbaugh knows that. Nobody is going to "above reproach" in all facets of life. He is certainly wrong for playing Aldon today. It's unfortunate that teams cannot suspend players because of the new CBA. Aldon should suit up and sit on the bench, then get his punishment that the NFL sees fit.

Of course people are reading what they want, just like the 9ers are reading that. Just today, two networks referenced his "above reproach" comments when reporting on Aldon Smith. He set his team up, he basically started trash talking and he's now getting called out for it. He should have taken a different approach to the question, or just ignore it.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This calling out Harbaugh as a hypocrite is a waste of energy and time. Honestly, my fellow Seahawk fans should just stop this stuff already. Why should we even care what the man says or does. My only concern is that my team wins games and continues the goal of trying to bring a championship to our area, period.

As for the Smith incident, does anyone really think any coach is going to suspend or bench a star player and jeopardize his teams chances of winning? Not in this league, it won't happen. Some coaches will sit a guy for a couple plays or maybe the first quarter but no more than that. This is one of the most hypocritical organizations on the planet. Whatever happens with Aldon Smith happens. I hope they address his substance problems but more importantly, I hope he sees the problem and deals with it himself. I'm thankful that no innocent people were hurt or killed. Honestly, I think he was partying the night before until 3-4 AM and got up to go to work still intoxicated. Still sad and stupid but it happens far more than we may think.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who took the "above reproach" line to begin with? Everyone knows that Harbaugh's ego is going to get the better of him if he gets a chance to take a shot at PC and this team.

1. Everyone roster is loaded with "cheaters". The owners don't really care either. I think they're kind of worried about a legit, comprehensive drug testing policy because if they institute one then there's no idea how these guys will perform clean. It's the fed. govt. pushing this issue.
2. I guess "cheating" and helping your team is a lot worse than being a public menace, which is what this guy is turning into. Shooting a gun up in the air in the San Jose hills? What kind of idiot does that? It's pretty well documented that a bullet can do a lot of damage to someone when it comes down because it's probably going to get someone at the top of the skull. Drinking and driving during commuter hours?

If he were serious (and everyone knows that he wasn't) about the "above reproach" line of crap then Smith would be on the bench. But he's just like every other coach. If the game were a gimme he probably would have sat him. But he's coming off a big loss against a decent team that can move the ball through the air so he's going to play him. I used to despise Calipari but I'm starting to like him because he seems like the only honest guy coaching a big time program right now.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who took the "above reproach" line to begin with? Everyone knows that Harbaugh's ego is going to get the better of him if he gets a chance to take a shot at PC and this team.

1. Everyone roster is loaded with "cheaters". The owners don't really care either. I think they're kind of worried about a legit, comprehensive drug testing policy because if they institute one then there's no idea how these guys will perform clean. It's the fed. govt. pushing this issue.
2. I guess "cheating" and helping your team is a lot worse than being a public menace, which is what this guy is turning into. Shooting a gun up in the air in the San Jose hills? What kind of idiot does that? It's pretty well documented that a bullet can do a lot of damage to someone when it comes down because it's probably going to get someone at the top of the skull. Drinking and driving during commuter hours?

If he were serious (and everyone knows that he wasn't) about the "above reproach" line of crap then Smith would be on the bench. But he's just like every other coach. If the game were a gimme he probably would have sat him. But he's coming off a big loss against a decent team that can move the ball through the air so he's going to play him. I used to despise Calipari but I'm starting to like him because he seems like the only honest guy coaching a big time program right now.

I used to work down at Glendale country Club when i was a kid and the owners of the Sonics,Mariners were there almost everyday playing cards in a private room that only myself and another guy were allowed in to make them drinks etc and trust me you are very right.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't care if he shows up to work intoxicated, what I do care about is that he's driving intoxicated. I also don't care when he was drinking and whether he was just still intoxicated hours later, it just doesn't matter. What I do care about is the players thinking they are invincible and that the regular rules don't apply to them.

I would have hoped that Donte Stallworth and Josh Brent would have been all the rest of the league would need as an object lesson. Both of these guys let the bottle make their decisions for them and people died.

So, is a PED more serious than a DUI? Not a chance. I am sure that Mario Reyes and Jerry Brown, Jr. both would have preferred to be alive.

To be fair, there are plenty of us lesser mortals who don't seem to think that the rules on drinking and driving don't apply to them either.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to work down at Glendale country Club when i was a kid and the owners of the Sonics,Mariners were there almost everyday playing cards in a private room that only myself and another guy were allowed in to make them drinks etc and trust me you are very right.

Geeze. That must have been a nice spoon-full of reality at an early age. Surprised they didn't make you put candle wax in your ears or something while you were working.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This calling out Harbaugh as a hypocrite is a waste of energy and time. Honestly, my fellow Seahawk fans should just stop this stuff already. Why should we even care what the man says or does. My only concern is that my team wins games and continues the goal of trying to bring a championship to our area, period.

As for the Smith incident, does anyone really think any coach is going to suspend or bench a star player and jeopardize his teams chances of winning? Not in this league, it won't happen. Some coaches will sit a guy for a couple plays or maybe the first quarter but no more than that. This is one of the most hypocritical organizations on the planet. Whatever happens with Aldon Smith happens. I hope they address his substance problems but more importantly, I hope he sees the problem and deals with it himself. I'm thankful that no innocent people were hurt or killed. Honestly, I think he was partying the night before until 3-4 AM and got up to go to work still intoxicated. Still sad and stupid but it happens far more than we may think.

I agree. I honestly hope that we're done talking about the 49ers in any capacity for a while. Talking about them before the season made sense because they are a rival and the rivalry was the talk of the football world all off-season. Talking about them from the beginning of the week leading up to last week's game up to about the middle of this week was fine because it was a big game and a great win, and Jacksonville didn't pose much of threat to the Seahawks, so the focus on that game wasn't as big with the fans. But now that we're nearly a week removed from the Niners game and San Francisco is a game further behind us in the standings, I think it's time we spent less space on this board on them and more space on the teams we have to play going forward.

Now, people are free to talk about what they want and I know it's fun to release all of that pent up energy and frustration from all the crap talking that Niner trolls have done for the last year and a half, but do we really want to become obsessed with them the same way that those trolls became obsessed with the Seahawks? We play them again in December, but in the meantime we play two playoff teams from last year on the road over the next two weeks, a Tennessee team at home that is surprisingly not terrible the next week, two more games on the road against division rivals who always play us tough in their own buildings, a game at home against a Tampa team that may have a new coach by then and three more games against two playoff teams from last year and one team that probably would have made the playoffs if it weren't for Bounty-gate. We'll have plenty to talk about without mentioning the 49ers everyday on top of it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, people are free to talk about what they want and I know it's fun to release all of that pent up energy and frustration from all the crap talking that Niner trolls have done for the last year and a half, but do we really want to become obsessed with them the same way that those trolls became obsessed with the Seahawks?

We don't have to because they are not going to the playoffs and even if they do they will come through CLink and they will not win.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very apparent that SanFran cannot win the Hawks at CLink,period.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my 13 and 3 but i would not be surprised if we do better.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told the Niners and the rest of the NFC it is three wins that will become relevant and now psssh maybe 4 with the way the rest are going.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard reported that Aldon Smith is taking an indefinite leave of absence from the 9ers and will be checking himself into rehab. Hopefully, he can get his life back in order.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much talent, lets hope he finally gets a clue and fix's himself. I do not like the 49ers and i couldn't careless about A.Smith but there is no doubt he is talented and the path he was on was going to lead to his destruction. I would much rather see him in headlines for his play on the field than for killing someone or being killed himself. This doesn't only hold true for A.Smith. These NFL players are paid MILLIONS and need to start thinking about their futures and start holding themselves accountable for their actions.