• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Above Reproach

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize his arrest on suspicion of DUI was for today. It will be interesting to see how 49ers FO reacts to this.

DHS said he WANTED SF players to be above reproach. I quote:

"Is it a concern? I've definitely noticed it," said Harbaugh when asked about the Seahawks' problems.
"You don't know what it is. I mean, even when people say what it is, you don't know that's what it is. It's this thrown out or it's that. But that's usually the agents or the players themselves saying, for example, Adderall. The NFL doesn't release what it actually is. You have no idea. You're taking somebody at their word and I'm not sure you can take them at their word, understanding the circumstances."

"It has no place in an athlete's body," Harbaugh said. "Play by the rules and you always want to be above reproach, especially when you're good because you don't want people to come back and say, 'They're winning because they're cheating.' That's always going to be a knee-jerk reaction from people I've found in my experience every since I was a little kid.
Harbaugh then cited his former coach at Michigan.
"So we want to be above reproach in everything and do everything by the rules. Because if you cheat to win, you've already lost, according to Bo Schembechler. . . That's a constant theme."

See. DHS merely wants to be above reproach, he obviously does not require his players to be A R.
Didn't we all know that it would be only a matter of time until the target DHS put on his organization would be blown off the map? SF fans believe DHS is a smart coach. To me, as soon as I heard his statement I thought to myself what a dumb ass he is.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harbs meant this in regards to cheating or enhancing performance in any way and not necessarily about stupidity or harming the team's image or the NFL's image which is what some of the rules are about. I think most coaches would not consider MJ or alcohol a PED, so he will wait until the law goes through its process before discipline I guess. As long as he shows up for work and does his job, then he continues to work for the team until such a time that either the league disciplines him, or he misses work due to jail or court time. I imagine they sat down and had another long talk. It's like with Sherm or Browner, until the process is complete, you can't bring discipline. Even then, you let the governing body do the discipline because that allows you the freedom to keep star players in until told otherwise.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harbs meant this in regards to cheating or enhancing performance in any way and not necessarily about stupidity or harming the team's image or the NFL's image which is what some of the rules are about. I think most coaches would not consider MJ or alcohol a PED, so he will wait until the law goes through its process before discipline I guess. As long as he shows up for work and does his job, then he continues to work for the team until such a time that either the league disciplines him, or he misses work due to jail or court time. I imagine they sat down and had another long talk. It's like with Sherm or Browner, until the process is complete, you can't bring discipline. Even then, you let the governing body do the discipline because that allows you the freedom to keep star players in until told otherwise.

Finally a seahawk fan with a half an ounce of common sense when it comes to harbaugh and his above reproach comment. Yall seahawk fans are so concerned with hating on Harbaugh that you take his quote out of context and try to apply it to things it doesn't fit. Harbaugh was talking about cheating and using peds to gain and unfair advantage in FOOTBALL. not being and idiot and getting a DUI.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a seahawk fan with a half an ounce of common sense when it comes to harbaugh and his above reproach comment. Yall seahawk fans are so concerned with hating on Harbaugh that you take his quote out of context and try to apply it to things it doesn't fit. Harbaugh was talking about cheating and using peds to gain and unfair advantage in FOOTBALL. not being and idiot and getting a DUI.

Really, a football coach speaks of 'cheating' and 'above reproach' when it is in favor of his team. Above reproach I believe would apply to 'other things' as well. Like Illegal Activities, guns and DUI. But that little speech was not intended to concern those matters at THAT moment, but NOW, LOL at 9er's.

Sure defend LJH all you want. Yes, I hate him as an individual, he is a social idiot, speaks out of both sides of his mouth, tries to Bully, but in reality, he is a smart Football mind, but an Idiotic Social Mind.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah know at this point i dont even care what Harbaugh say's,the Niners to the Hawks are just like any other team it seem's,i have no doubt we beat them at home this year and most likely next barring some major injury's.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think this just isn't going to be a good year for the 49ers. The news just keeps getting worst.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think this just isn't going to be a good year for the 49ers. The news just keeps getting worst.

I agree and yah know i do feel for them,the fans,just like us they want the NFC West the SB etc we are all fans but hey sometimes things dont go that way.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Super Bowl curse, hangover, whatever you want to call it, its real.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see how they do against the Colts after the Trent Richardson and Aldon Smith news. The wheels could be off the wagon at this time tomorrow

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, a football coach speaks of 'cheating' and 'above reproach' when it is in favor of his team. Above reproach I believe would apply to 'other things' as well. Like Illegal Activities, guns and DUI. But that little speech was not intended to concern those matters at THAT moment, but NOW, LOL at 9er's.

Sure defend LJH all you want. Yes, I hate him as an individual, he is a social idiot, speaks out of both sides of his mouth, tries to Bully, but in reality, he is a smart Football mind, but an Idiotic Social Mind.

It applies to what he was referring to, PED's and cheating. You Seahawk fans can twist shit all you want but it won't apply to the intended meaning.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see how they do against the Colts after the Trent Richardson and Aldon Smith news. The wheels could be off the wagon at this time tomorrow

You guys better watch out for that tough Jaguar team tomorrow. :rollseyes:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It applies to what he was referring to, PED's and cheating. You Seahawk fans can twist shit all you want but it won't apply to the intended meaning.

I know what Harbaugh meant when he said it... But why shouldnt it apply to all infractions?

Just stay above reproach with peds...... But gunplay and coming to practice drunk, dont worry about staying above reproach with those?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your right, but I think the point is, whether your talking PEDS or DUIs in comes down to individuals. All teams do what they can to educate and then it falls on the players to use their heads. So having someone like Harbaugh imply that he can stop stupidity from individuals and other teams just don't do enough ( Yes that is what I think he was implying) is sure to get a back lash when he's proven wrong.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right, but I think the point is, whether your talking PEDS or DUIs in comes down to individuals. All teams do what they can to educate and then it falls on the players to use their heads. So having someone like Harbaugh imply that he can stop stupidity from individuals and other teams just don't do enough ( Yes that is what I think he was implying) is sure to get a back lash when he's proven wrong.

^nailed it

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is only "above reproach" when it doesn't involve a tough opponent and losing a star player. This same exact incident happened last November with a 9er player Macellus Dobbs who is a back-up LB. He wasn't allowed by Harbaugh to travel with the team that Sunday. But now that its sack-machine Aldon Smith suddenly Harbaugh says "“I’m not going into the specifics and the dissecting of what the policies are,” Harbaugh said. “If you want to question those, so be it.”

What a tool bag that guy is. Hypocrite doesn't even begin to describe that idiot.

Jim Harbaugh: 2005 DUI ?made me a better counselor,? and Aldon Smith provides a serious test case | Audibles - SI.com

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dkmightyhammer,
I was going to go back to your post about coming to Seattle and watching the Seahawks. Did that happen and if so did you enjoy your stay?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've stated before, he opened himself up to scrutiny when he made that statement. Cheating or wrecking your car after drinking all night are both reproachable acts.