• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers has no help

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense get some slack this game but this is to explain Rodgers mediocre playoff record which should be way better.

Using W-L records to determine if a Qb is good or not is just plain dumb. It's a team game. You could use TD-INTs to compare a QB but W-L no way

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He spent all last season whining about dropping in the draft, like he got a raw deal getting picked by the Packers. Boo hoo for him. I feel real bad for him that he joined the Packers.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using W-L records to determine if a Qb is good or not is just plain dumb. It's a team game. You could use TD-INTs to compare a QB but W-L no way

Not trying to start an argument here but....

When Pats fans try to explain how Brady is better than Manning they whip out the Lombardi's.

Isn't that the same thing?

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the biggest piece that is missing to assist Rodgers other than the 2010 defense or an O-line is his previous offensive coordinator. I predicted his play would go down hill once he left 2 years ago and was proven correct. Every year the Philbin was on this team Rodgers would improve fairly dramatically and by 2011 Rodgers was the best QB in the league and nobody was even in his class. Now he's dropped to second or maybe even third place and the logic is obvious. The supporting cast is their with great WR corps and solid run game. However Joe used to criticize every game even after he had flawless games with perfect QB rating he would still make Rodgers feel like the worst QB in the NFL. Everyone on the team is now praising him as a God, and as Jennings said it's hard to be a leader or admit to mistakes when everyone is saying you can do no wrong. Now, as the starting QB Rodgers must be accountable for his play and hold himself to extremely high standards like Joe did. But I agree it's difficult when you have a ton of constituents who are supposed to be coaching instead are praising his name.

In terms of the help, it doesn't matter how good the QB is they will not win a SB with this team as Dom Capers is arrogant and adamant to not change his scheme despite the offensive changes around him. Now he's had a below average and borderline worst defense in the NFL for three straight years but the Packers coaching staff consists on making excuses for him and treats him like he does no wrong. The same goes with GM Ted Thompson as his promoting within the coaching staff and only utilizing the draft is flawed and the team is crumbling before our eyes. As a GM why would you limit yourself to only coaches on your team or just rookies? A couple bad drafts and your system fails. Not acquiring any FA's worth a starting position on the team( with the exception of Woodson) has placed us in desperation mode for many positions including safety, offensive line, D-line, and LB (except clay Matthews). He refuses to get rid of inept players which he drafted and then overpays them thus restricting our salary cap (Brad Jones, AJ Hawk, BJ Raji, Justin Harrell, etc). Also, as of right now none of his first round draft picks have turned out worth their value). Currently the only starter out of his last three drafts of 25+ players only 3 are starting and only 1 in Lacy has made an impact. The time for excuses and settling for status quo with this failed system must end now or the time of the Bart Star era could become reality starting next season.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot to disagree with in there that's for sure. I don't feel up to it right now ,maybe later

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot to disagree with in there that's for sure. I don't feel up to it right now ,maybe later

Yes.

i will just say this for now. After the season he had in 2011 how is he supposed to top that?? Its damn near impossible. What do more can he possibly do?
Second if you consider his 2012 season a failure look at the numbers: 552 attempts 371 completions 67.2% completion percentage 4,295 yards 39 TDs and 8 ints. Oh and a QB rating of 108. Yea thats really a "bad" year.
Finally if his getting hurt this year somehow comes into your argument for your theory that he has gotten worse since 2011 then you will have lost me completely
and I am not even going to touch his not being accountable remark you made....

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to start an argument here but....

When Pats fans try to explain how Brady is better than Manning they whip out the Lombardi's.

Isn't that the same thing?

and imo that's just as stupid!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. thank you. Just wanted to clarify.

But yes that has always been thrown around and you really can't use it since winning a Super Bowl is a team game..... Granted QBs have a huge role in who wins but you can't say it's only them winning or losing it

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yes that has always been thrown around and you really can't use it since winning a Super Bowl is a team game..... Granted QBs have a huge role in who wins but you can't say it's only them winning or losing it

I agree.

Trent Dilfer has a ring and Dan Marino doesn't. Does that mean Trent is a better QB than Dan?

I don't believe anyone here makes that argument.

I also don't believe that there's any real ONE standard for determining greatness at the QB position.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Trent Dilfer has a ring and Dan Marino doesn't. Does that mean Trent is a better QB than Dan?

I don't believe anyone here makes that argument.

I also don't believe that there's any real ONE standard for determining greatness at the QB position.

Oh I've seen that argument being made about Dilfer over Marino etc which is idiotic!

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and people who say stuff like this fail to realize just how important a thumb is to a human being on and off the football field, and what kind of "broken thumb" Matthews had.

Walk into any sports med clinic in the country and I'd bet 99% would tell you the player doesn't play with that injury. The other 1% are bear's fans trying to take shots

You're talking to a Bearfan that hasn't evolved to the point of opposable thumbs yet. Me eat with paw, how can not clay sack qarterbak?