• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers has no help

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember all the drops, except Jones. he had some big ones, they would have been tougher catches, but he usually makes those.

But Bush (#24) is a special teams player. He's good at it. That's his spot. When he's on the field for defense you know we're down to our last players on the depth chart. He has a lot of effort, great for special teams, not a lot of "smarts", so he's buried on the depth chart.

This defense played very well considering who was available for them yesterday. I think moving forward, they need to find a way to stay relatively healthy at linebacker during the season. Then they need a real safety. I would love to have had Eric Reid as our 1st rounder last year. Our defense is missing Collins badly and hasn't come close to replacing him

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has become a yearly tradition here since 2010. Defense is the big issue year in and year out. To the poster earlier who said we have talent just not coaching....where? Where is this talent? Outside of 3 guys and maybe another 3 that show promise but are young...where is the talent? The linebackers are a mess without Matthews, the secondary outside of a couple guys is garbage and the same can be said for the d line. We have alot of youth that either needs to start doing something immediatley or isn't that good to begin with.
Injuries have become a crutch for fans. Show me how we are a top tier defense that can win a championship with those guys healthy and then we can discuss it but I don't see it.
We are wasting the prime years of an elite QB with this mismanagement of our defense the last 3 years.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember all the drops, except Jones. he had some big ones, they would have been tougher catches, but he usually makes those.

But Bush (#24) is a special teams player. He's good at it. That's his spot. When he's on the field for defense you know we're down to our last players on the depth chart. He has a lot of effort, great for special teams, not a lot of "smarts", so he's buried on the depth chart.

This defense played very well considering who was available for them yesterday. I think moving forward, they need to find a way to stay relatively healthy at linebacker during the season. Then they need a real safety. I would love to have had Eric Reid as our 1st rounder last year. Our defense is missing Collins badly and hasn't come close to replacing him

That injury is going to haunt us forever. I keep hearing how Burnett is suppose to be this Pro Bowl caliber safety and we gave him a huge extension but have yet to see anything that warrants it at all.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think the big difference was Kaep making plays with his legs in crunch time. The Packers don't seem to have a solution to that. It's not the read option stuff of a year ago but when he's got nowhere to go with the ball he can go to that and get BIG yardage. He got 98 yards on 7 carries. Ouch.

My point is that with CMIII on the field those runs dont happen. Much like the week 1 matchup.

CMIII is better than Mulumba and Mulumba just missed on several opportunities so with CMIII/s superior speed I think he would have had him. All together it is a moot point though...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true that the Packers defense has been less than adequate the last few years, but holding the Niners explosive offense to just 23 points was pretty damn good. The D came through yesterday but the offense did not keep up their end of the deal

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true that the Packers defense has been less than adequate the last few years, but holding the Niners explosive offense to just 23 points was pretty damn good. The D came through yesterday but the offense did not keep up their end of the deal

Didn't come through with the last drive. Fact is they played way above themselves all day and it was bound to come back and get them and it did.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense didn't waste a 1st and goal the last time they had the ball, the Niners would have had to score a TD to win

bottom line is that the much maligned D had probably their best game of the year and should have been rewarded with a W the offense just didn't produce as it should have

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't come through with the last drive. Fact is they played way above themselves all day and it was bound to come back and get them and it did.

Disagree - this defense holds another team to 23, we should win the game, period. This loss is on the offense at least as much as the defense. We lost by a touchdown the first time (on the road) and a field goal the second, quit pretending that there's such a tremendous gap between the two squads. We simply didn't execute - our play calling was inferior (coaching) and we dropped interceptions when they would have iced the game. Congrats to San Fran, they have a hell of a shot in Carolina.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1496634_266059080215874_293012378_n.jpg

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree - this defense holds another team to 23, we should win the game, period. This loss is on the offense at least as much as the defense. We lost by a touchdown the first time (on the road) and a field goal the second, quit pretending that there's such a tremendous gap between the two squads. We simply didn't execute - our play calling was inferior (coaching) and we dropped interceptions when they would have iced the game. Congrats to San Fran, they have a hell of a shot in Carolina.

Where in my three lines did I say there is a huge gap in talent?
Could our offense have played better? Yes. Did our defense play its best game since probably week 4 or 5? Yes.
NOW...did the defense play way above themselves? Yes. Did it come crashing down on them? Yes. We tied the game with just under 5 minutes to go and never got the ball again! They let them extend the drive, convert 3rd downs, and couldn't get off the field. These are the same damn problems we have had for 3 years now.
I don't care how great of a game they played...at the end of the day with a tied game and just under 5 minutes left and you can't get the ball back to your offense then none of it means anything. At the end of the day they didn't do their job and you can't deny or stick up for that!!!

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
splitting hairs now aren't we?

if the offense would have done their job on their last possession, the Niners would have had to score a TD to win and that seemed unlikely based on how the D was playing

the defense played inspired ball showing a lot of heart and gave the ball back to the offense with a chance to win in the closing minutes - they just couldn't get it done

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Exactly. This loss was at least as much on the offense, no matter how much that fact doesn't gibe with LP80's party line on Capers, TT & MM. If Rodgers, Lacy, Cobb, Sitton, Jordy, Jones, Starks & the gang can't score more than 20, they have failed. The defense had to use D-lineman for linebackers because we were out of them. A clearly injured but in-position Malumba limped behind Kap on one of those first-down runs, special teamer Bush lost contain, etc. Crazy amount of injuries this season and even in-game - hats off to the defense in this one!

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense didn't waste a 1st and goal the last time they had the ball, the Niners would have had to score a TD to win

bottom line is that the much maligned D had probably their best game of the year and should have been rewarded with a W the offense just didn't produce as it should have

Your D DID stop the 49er's twice in the redzone which caused a 6-0 game instead of 14-0.

They should have put a spy on Kaep and I don't know why they didn't. The man ran for 98 yards. They only dropped the ball, as it were, a handful of times but in the post season that's enough.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual Aaron Rodgers defense fails him in the postseason. In Rodgers first three losses in the postseason the defense has given up 51, 37 and 45 points. In those games Rodgers has had 9 td's to 3 picks. In this game Rodgers once again plays well, but the packer defense as usual blows it for him. On top of that he has never had a good running game up until this year.

Rodgers as a starter in the postseason is now 5-4

but has a 19-5 td to interception ratio with 3 more rushing td's. If Rodgers had elite defenses like Brady had in his early career Rodger's would have at least 2 super bowls by now. He is still the best qb in the game and simply ran into a better team but they were in the game because of Rodgers as usually is the case.

Had yesterday's game been in warm weather, the Niners would have laid a serious butt whoppin' on the Packers.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question, and maybe I'm just ignorant tough guy fan, but can't you play LB with a broken thumb? Put on a cast, shoot yourself up with painkillers until you can't feel a thing, go out there and start clubbing the shit out of people. Clay is the best player on that D and should be the leader, I feel like a broken thumb is a playable injury considering it's the playoffs.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your D DID stop the 49er's twice in the redzone which caused a 6-0 game instead of 14-0.

They should have put a spy on Kaep and I don't know why they didn't. The man ran for 98 yards. They only dropped the ball, as it were, a handful of times but in the post season that's enough.

how do you put a spy on someone that can probably outrun them anyway. A spy is stupid idea. You can't dedicate one man on defense to spy the qb that will probably only run 5 times a game. You can't replace a defensive lineman with a guy that could catch him from behind, they'll run and pass all over you. Why people think it's a good idea to play defense with essentially 10 guys with a "spy" is beyond me. Change your whole defensive scheme for 5 plays :) sounds like great advice. Get gashed for 50 plays, but be ready for those 5

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question, and maybe I'm just ignorant tough guy fan, but can't you play LB with a broken thumb? Put on a cast, shoot yourself up with painkillers until you can't feel a thing, go out there and start clubbing the shit out of people. Clay is the best player on that D and should be the leader, I feel like a broken thumb is a playable injury considering it's the playoffs.

and people who say stuff like this fail to realize just how important a thumb is to a human being on and off the football field, and what kind of "broken thumb" Matthews had.

Walk into any sports med clinic in the country and I'd bet 99% would tell you the player doesn't play with that injury. The other 1% are bear's fans trying to take shots

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you put a spy on someone that can probably outrun them anyway. A spy is stupid idea. You can't dedicate one man on defense to spy the qb that will probably only run 5 times a game. You can't replace a defensive lineman with a guy that could catch him from behind, they'll run and pass all over you. Why people think it's a good idea to play defense with essentially 10 guys with a "spy" is beyond me. Change your whole defensive scheme for 5 plays :) sounds like great advice. Get gashed for 50 plays, but be ready for those 5

Um...who said it had to be EVERY play? How about just on those 3rd and longs?

Side note...their current method didn't exactly work either, did it Mondio?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...who said it had to be EVERY play? How about just on those 3rd and longs?

Side note...their current method didn't exactly work either, did it Mondio?

sure it did, it was perfect. But a 200lb DB decided to take an inside rush to the qb, when he was supposed to stay in his lane and play contain.

and why would you take a defender out of your defense for a 3rd and long? so they don't have a 2 high safety and burn the D for a pump and go or deep post route?