• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers has no help

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually pretty happy with the way the Packers played. The last drive was frustrating but I'm not going to get too down on the defense for giving up 23 points. The team played hard and was in it until the end, but the injuries were just too much to overcome this year.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Pack lost too many players by the end of that game.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Pack lost too many players by the end of that game.

There were 15 players on IR before the game not including Clay Matthews who probably wasn't going to play again this year anyway. Shields is their second best defensive player and was lost the first drive... and I'm hoping he doesn't have a severe knee injury that will severely impact his next season. Linebacker got so thin that they were playing defensive ends at outside linebacker by the end of the game. All things considered, I think the defense played pretty well.

This isn't about making excuses. I think the Niners have a better team on paper with everyone healthy. I was just reasonably happy the Packers were competitive given the circumstances. I expected to be freezing my butt off in the stands while the Packers got blown out, and I'm kind of happy it was a good game. I had fun until the final kick, so it was a moral victory by Jerry Jones standards.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was emotional and distracted because of his publicized bff break up. Rough week.

I spit my beer all over my keyboard for that one. I was going to say at least he gets a reach around tonight from his bff.... but seriously rodgers earned some respect from me today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 15 players on IR before the game not including Clay Matthews who probably wasn't going to play again this year anyway. Shields is their second best defensive player and was lost the first drive... and I'm hoping he doesn't have a severe knee injury that will severely impact his next season. Linebacker got so thin that they were playing defensive ends at outside linebacker by the end of the game. All things considered, I think the defense played pretty well.

This isn't about making excuses. I think the Niners have a better team on paper with everyone healthy. I was just reasonably happy the Packers were competitive given the circumstances. I expected to be freezing my butt off in the stands while the Packers got blown out, and I'm kind of happy it was a good game. I had fun until the final kick, so it was a moral victory by Jerry Jones standards.

Is that true? 15 players? defensive ends playing linebacker? mother of jesus.... how did you guys make it as far as you did?

I was freaking impressed by the game the pack played today. I have nothing but respect.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners did come from the best division in the NFL and had 12 wins coming in and probably should've had 13 given what happened with the Saints. They're also built for the playoffs and have had a plethora of draft picks to build and somehow got Boldin for a late round pick. Rodgers hit a buzzsaw and still almost managed to pull a rabbit out of the hat. Easily the best QB in the league

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that true? 15 players? defensive ends playing linebacker? mother of jesus.... how did you guys make it as far as you did?

I was freaking impressed by the game the pack played today. I have nothing but respect.

Lol, recent history is just evening out for what happened with the teams during the 90s. My positive take is the games keep getting closer and closer. They'll get your team next year, but good luck this year!

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, recent history is just evening out for what happened with the teams during the 90s. My positive take is the games keep getting closer and closer. They'll get your team next year, but good luck this year!

Man, I have always had so much respect for the packers. Favre owned our asses. It was horrific for me for so many years losing to the pack over and over untill the catch II by TO.

Seriously, your team is one of the all time greatest and its a pleasure to have had such a glorious rival over the years outside of our division. Unlike the cowboys fans and teams who I have hated, I have always felt a certain odd kinship with the packers fans and our rivalry. Mcarthey and Homegren and all our connections over the years.... good luck to you and pack going forward bro. :suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I have always had so much respect for the packers. Favre owned our asses. It was horrific for me for so many years losing to the pack over and over untill the catch II by TO.

Seriously, your team is one of the all time greatest and its a pleasure to have had such a glorious rival over the years outside of our division. Unlike the cowboys fans and teams who I have hated, I have always felt a certain odd kinship with the packers fans and our rivalry. Mcarthey and Homegren and all our connections over the years.... good luck to you and pack going forward bro. :suds:

I think you two should just rent a room.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if Rodgers wasn't sucking down so much of the cap they'd be able to afford better people on defense?

The Packers have a front office that was able to structure his contract to not affect the cap real bad like Flacco or Romo or some of the other QBs

2014 will be 17.9 Mil which is less than Cutlers new $18mil a year

Aaron Rodgers' extension includes $35M signing bonus

Rodgers' salary-cap charge for this season is $12 million. Those numbers increase each year to the following: $17.9 million in 2014, $18.6 million in 2015, $19.6 million in 2016, $20.65 million in 2017, $20.9 million in 2018 and $21.1 million in 2019.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great game to watch. The refs let the DBs play which I liked but was annoyed after all the calls they let go and call one of the more ticky tack ones but oh well. I think the difference in this game was the speed difference of CMIII and Mulumba. Kaep continued to get outside by out running him and barely making it so I like to make myself feel better by thinking CMIII would have made the one on third down around midfield.

With that said, if CMIII doesnt watch it he will get the injury prone label...if he doesnt already have it. I tend to give broken bones a pass but his hammies tend to cause issues

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs wanted this game to end as quickly as possible due to the cold. That is why they agreed to turn their backs to some obvious penalties and let them play. This was agreed upon by the officials before kickoff. It is what it is. As much as I hated some of the no-calls in this game, it was refreshing to see at least one game this season played the way football was supposed to be played.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was emotional and distracted because of his publicized bff break up. Rough week.

Lions fan trolling? Well I guess when your team sucks that much you're going to be a little bitter..:yahoo:

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs wanted this game to end as quickly as possible due to the cold. That is why they agreed to turn their backs to some obvious penalties and let them play. This was agreed upon by the officials before kickoff. It is what it is. As much as I hated some of the no-calls in this game, it was refreshing to see at least one game this season played the way football was supposed to be played.

It is the playoffs, I fully expect to not see flags at all just like this past weekend. The refs don't want to influence the game, so they just let them play and it is still "fair" if both teams can get away with it. If it starts getting too out of hand, they will throw one or two just to keep everyone in line, but this is the new playoff officiating...and I like it!! :yahoo:

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact of the matter is these guys say I nned to make this much money for respect not because I need 20 mil a year. Well thats fine but don't bitch when the team can't afford to get you help after that. I mean if you really wanted to win why not take 15 a year still a ton and say ok now give me a team??

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great game to watch. The refs let the DBs play which I liked but was annoyed after all the calls they let go and call one of the more ticky tack ones but oh well. I think the difference in this game was the speed difference of CMIII and Mulumba. Kaep continued to get outside by out running him and barely making it so I like to make myself feel better by thinking CMIII would have made the one on third down around midfield.

With that said, if CMIII doesnt watch it he will get the injury prone label...if he doesnt already have it. I tend to give broken bones a pass but his hammies tend to cause issues

I disagree. I think the big difference was Kaep making plays with his legs in crunch time. The Packers don't seem to have a solution to that. It's not the read option stuff of a year ago but when he's got nowhere to go with the ball he can go to that and get BIG yardage. He got 98 yards on 7 carries. Ouch.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From here, there were two serious problems for the Packers yesterday.

First, #24 doesn't have any idea of what his job is on defense. He's set to the outside to make sure that the opposing QB does not take off and run down the sideline. He's what? 6' 200 lbs?? He decides to take on Joe Staley at 6'6" 340 lbs. And he did it twice. First time he gave up a 36 yard sprint and the second time was worse because it was 4th and 12 and Kapernick took off for 16 yards. If I was the head coach, he wouldn't be coming back next year.....no room for stupid football player on my team.

Second and possibly worse that the first........DROPPED PASSES..........Even my wife was getting upset at the passes that were dropped yesterday. It seemed the only guy who could hold on to the ball was Cobb and he dropped a couple.

49ers looked like they knew exactly what to do and when to do it and the Packers let them have their way.