• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Swing and a Miss...Again!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Smed, this is an NFL wide problem and I don't expect things to get any better, only worse.

The talent level on defense collectively is so far apart in College than in the NFL that the spread will only continue to flourish but has little to no value, for the most part, in the NFL.

So you're saying that the defensive players are that much further along than the offensive players? Is that right? I really think it depends on the postion/program...In some ways I completely agree with you but it depends on the program we are talking about...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there are the talented QBs that are complete whack-job, head cases and just waste what they have been given talent-wise like Todd Marinovich, Johnny Manziel, and Jamarcus Russell. Well maybe Russell was just a fat tub of lard that was a complete fraud.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this tells me we need to look at QB's that don't play in a spread offense and are more NfL ready than! Or we need to build our offense around the spread offense so Goff is more comfortable, but that's not going to happen!

Agreed, or the team has to be prepared to take it's time with that QB if they value his skill set, as they are doing with Goff.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see, this is where you are wrong. Goff has been in a spread since high school. These college and high school coaches take nearly all of the detail out of the QB's hands these days. Goff has to learn line calls, play calls, etc, all while adjusting to the huge jump in speed of the game.

If the Rams were a bottom rung team with no chance at a winning record, Goff would be starting. They aren't, so he will get better prepared before being thrown into the fire.

:L If Goff is just now taking snaps behind center for the first time in his career - this shows you how stupid this front office truly is. And to give up picks for the guy?

1st we draft a "LT" project at #2 overall that never pass blocked in one of the best defensive divisions in the NFL, then we give up the farm and take a QB #1 overall that has never taken 1 snap behind center?

these are pretty valuable picks.

Not to mention a project WR out of Applachian St - first pick of the 2nd round.

I hope i'm wrong and the light suddenly goes on for some of these guys, but I'm certainly on Empty as far as dealing with this organization and their projects.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that the defensive players are that much further along than the offensive players? Is that right? I really think it depends on the postion/program...In some ways I completely agree with you but it depends on the program we are talking about...

Difference is you have multiple defensive players coming at 1 young offensive player (QB). Plus it's easier to play without the ball right? Speed is the biggest issue. The defensive unit as whole is alot for any rookie QB to digest and find a weak spot. Some are better than others and some are more ready than others. Some... just never really figure it out.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Smed, this is an NFL wide problem and I don't expect things to get any better, only worse.

The talent level on defense collectively is so far apart in College than in the NFL that the spread will only continue to flourish but has little to no value, for the most part, in the NFL.

I agree, I've been saying for quite some time now, that College QB stats are very inflated due to college teams having a couple good players on defense, unlike the nFL where you can have a whole team of good defensive players!

That's why I'm a little more "realistic" when I see these so called can't miss, franchise type QB's! Bigger faster NFL defenders can make good NFL QB's look bad, let alone average to good college QB's

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I'm a little more "realistic" when I see these so called can't miss, franchise type QB's! Bigger faster NFL defenders can make good NFL QB's look bad, let alone average to good college QB's
Like I said prior, you and I never disagreed with the trade up (Although I hope it works out for the best), but that's all behind us bro.

And don't forget, when it comes to situations like these....

images