• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Swing and a Miss...Again!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please man.. Players need coaches. But at the professional level, these Pros have been playing football for awhile. They shouldn't need a lot of coaching. Reps and experience? Of course. But if you need a lot of coaching at this level, you have no business being the #1 pick.

Kurt Warner learn how to be a professional grocery bagger? Did Martz teach him how to play QB? Or did he just get an opportunity?

Manning learned more from his dad than any coach he ever had so bad example.

Favre had all the talent in the world. All he had to do is stay off the alcohol and pills. All he needed was discipline.

What else u got?

I don't have to write off Goff. He's the #1 overall pick and he's inactive week 1. That's weak sauce.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, coaches need to get out of the way and put the best players on the field. The players will either make it happen because they are skilled and talented or the players with fail because a lack of talent on the field. The coach isn't on the field.

:lol: this ain't pee wee league. You think professional football players are experiencing all of this for the 1st time?

Maybe by next year Mannion can be ready to start and Goff can sit for year 2? Maybe the Rams have the 2 year project going?

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Cleveland Cavaliers for goodness sakes :L

Anybody even know their coach?

Golden St went 23-0 with Luke Walton while Steve Kerr was rehabbing?

Anyone think David Carr showed up last year because of coaching?

No.. It's reps, experience, and the talent around a QB. Coaching in the Pros is a very small factor when it comes to player development. Winning games is a whole other ballgame.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If coaches didn't matter, then this team would have made the playoffs under Fisher by now with the talent we have. But they haven't because mwe have one of the worst coaching staffs on the offensive side of things in the NFL. They're complete and utter garbage.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just complete and utter bullshit coming from you, there's no other way around it. We bitch and moan about the organization and coaching staff- which is justified- and then when a rookie QB doesn't develop as fast as we want, it's the players fault and not the coaches? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I blame the coaching staff for not properly preparing Goff to be a starter. They got caught up in the glitz and glam of Hard Knocks and would rather show off being a hard ass than actually teaching and coaching the young man up. I don't want to see the Rams miss the playoffs again, but if they do Fisher and Co. need to pack their bags. It's embarrassing how mediocre our results are when we have the ability to be a playoff team.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great players don't need a lot of coaching. Jordan had Dean Smith in college, but you think Doug Collins did anything for him as a Pro?
SJ, did you really go to MJ, one of the greatest athlete of our time, to make your point about great college players not needing to be coached up?:lol:

Don't you think Jordan is the exception rather than the rule?

I agree, you can't teach talent, they either have it or they don't, but you can coach that talent to flourish in a system and understand the variances moving from the College game to the Pros.

Also there have been many studs in College that just don't transition to the Pro game, given all the talent they possess you have to wonder why.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Cleveland Cavaliers for goodness sakes :L

Anybody even know their coach?

Golden St went 23-0 with Luke Walton while Steve Kerr was rehabbing?

Anyone think David Carr showed up last year because of coaching?

No.. It's reps, experience, and the talent around a QB. Coaching in the Pros is a very small factor when it comes to player development. Winning games is a whole other ballgame.

How did those Cavaliers and Warriors do when their stars were rookies?

Besides, the college/NFL relationship is at a weak point, especially for QBs. These spread offenses turn QBs into puppets that don't learn an offense, they learn a set of personnel groupings and simple reads. They don't take direct snaps, they don't make line calls or call out protections, they don't even call plays. Goff has been in that type of offense since high school (which is part of the reason I favored Wentz during the draft process). He does have a big advantage in his throwing ability, but that won't do him much good from his back.

Offensive linemen and wide receivers are also getting stunted by the proliferation of the spread offense. Teams wanting quick development should stay away from spread players, whereas teams with patience can mine that talent pool more effectively.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, did you really go to MJ, one of the greatest athlete of our time, to make your point about great college players not needing to be coached up?:lol:

Don't you think Jordan is the exception rather than the rule?

I agree, you can't teach talent, they either have it or they don't, but you can coach that talent to flourish in a system and understand the variances moving from the College game to the Pros.

Also there have been many studs in College that just don't transition to the Pro game, given all the talent they possess you have to wonder why.

Manning, Jordan whoever. MJ was coached by Dean Smith in college as an amateur. Doug Collins coached him? :lol: Manning got coached by whom exactly? Professionals shouldn't need ALOT of coaching. They need reps and experience, along with a good cast around them. Coaches should just see the big picture and put them in a good situation to succeed or not.

Studs in college don't transition to the Pros because of coaching or talent?

Boooom

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just complete and utter bullshit coming from you, there's no other way around it. We bitch and moan about the organization and coaching staff- which is justified- and then when a rookie QB doesn't develop as fast as we want, it's the players fault and not the coaches? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I blame the coaching staff for not properly preparing Goff to be a starter. They got caught up in the glitz and glam of Hard Knocks and would rather show off being a hard ass than actually teaching and coaching the young man up. I don't want to see the Rams miss the playoffs again, but if they do Fisher and Co. need to pack their bags. It's embarrassing how mediocre our results are when we have the ability to be a playoff team.

giphy.gif

Look at you go. But..but..but Goff is gonna be so good!

I love your rainbow and bullshit tantrums.

:trash:

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning was "coached" at the Pro level.
Favre was "coached" at the Pro level.

Warner was "coached" at the Pro level.

Funny stuff.. I bet in your professional life you still need coaching. :dhd:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See if you dodge this question too...

Studs in college don't transition to the Pros because of coaching or talent/talent around them?

:whistle:

But..but... "my coach wasn't good"

@RamsFan88 Goff love > Coug's Sammy love

I bet you were one of those kids on the bench all the time (IF you even played anything) and it was your coaches fault.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Aaron Rogers learned more from GB coaches or watching Favre and soaking it all in?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:puzzled:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a Donald Trump emoticon!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @ Professionals needing alot of coaching. A little? Yeah i can dig that, but top picks shouldn't need alot of coaching.

How many years have we been in here talking about "projects" and IF our coaches can coach up some of these players? How many of them turned the corner? Seriously..

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did those Cavaliers and Warriors do when their stars were rookies?

Besides, the college/NFL relationship is at a weak point, especially for QBs. These spread offenses turn QBs into puppets that don't learn an offense, they learn a set of personnel groupings and simple reads. They don't take direct snaps, they don't make line calls or call out protections, they don't even call plays. Goff has been in that type of offense since high school (which is part of the reason I favored Wentz during the draft process). He does have a big advantage in his throwing ability, but that won't do him much good from his back.

Offensive linemen and wide receivers are also getting stunted by the proliferation of the spread offense. Teams wanting quick development should stay away from spread players, whereas teams with patience can mine that talent pool more effectively.

Rookies need experience. They need someone to push them / set the bar high - either by teammates or opposing team. Said this 5-6 years ago - you either have a crazy will to win (winners) so you study film, go through reps and push yourself as a Pro or you get lazy (losers). Coaches can't coach talent or a will to win. But coaching fundamentals or mechanics at the Pro level? These guys have been doing it their whole life. Sure they go through them when they need to and fundamentals are huge, but it's not like they are learning something for the first time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\but it's not like they are learning something for the first time.

You see, this is where you are wrong. Goff has been in a spread since high school. These college and high school coaches take nearly all of the detail out of the QB's hands these days. Goff has to learn line calls, play calls, etc, all while adjusting to the huge jump in speed of the game.

If the Rams were a bottom rung team with no chance at a winning record, Goff would be starting. They aren't, so he will get better prepared before being thrown into the fire.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see, this is where you are wrong. Goff has been in a spread since high school. These college and high school coaches take nearly all of the detail out of the QB's hands these days. Goff has to learn line calls, play calls, etc, all while adjusting to the huge jump in speed of the game.

If the Rams were a bottom rung team with no chance at a winning record, Goff would be starting. They aren't, so he will get better prepared before being thrown into the fire.

Well, this tells me we need to look at QB's that don't play in a spread offense and are more NfL ready than! Or we need to build our offense around the spread offense so Goff is more comfortable, but that's not going to happen!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this tells me we need to look at QB's that don't play in a spread offense and are more NfL ready than! Or we need to build our offense around the spread offense so Goff is more comfortable, but that's not going to happen!
No Smed, this is an NFL wide problem and I don't expect things to get any better, only worse.

The talent level on defense collectively is so far apart in College than in the NFL that the spread will only continue to flourish but has little to no value, for the most part, in the NFL.