• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A QBs take on The Qbs moving to new homes

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing it out there as it mentions our new QB as well as our old QB and how one person expects them to fair in their new homes.

Quarterback relocations: Tyrod Taylor, Kirk Cousins set to soar

Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings: MORE SUCCESS

Old team: Washington Redskins.

Cousins is the first quarterback in NFL history to change teams after recording 4,000-plus passing yards in each of the previous three seasons. He established himself as better than average while playing in a pro-style offense that didn't cater to his strengths. Given that and the dwindling relationship between Cousins and Jay Gruden, the QB's final year in Washington was pretty painful to watch. Now, Cousins joins an offense with much more talent and a new coordinator in John DeFilippo who ran a cutting-edge offense in Philly.

Cousins can do everything the elite quarterbacks do, and with a supporting cast of Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen (the NFL's top receiving duo in 2017), TE Kyle Rudolph and a healthy Dalvin Cook in the backfield, this should be his best season to date. The Vikings provide a perfect situation for Cousins -- he should take them back to the NFC title game ... and maybe beyond.

2018 prediction: 68 completion percentage, 4,200 passing yards, 30 TD, 10 INT.

Alex Smith, Washington Redskins: LESS SUCCESS

Old team: Kansas City Chiefs.

Smith's walking into a pro-style offense and it's not to his advantage. Jay Gruden and OC Matt Cavanaugh must adapt to Smith's strengths -- using more run-pass option, for example -- to give the team and the quarterback any chance for success. And it seems like they're going to, according to The Washington Post, which is promising. Smith also has the challenge of not having speedster Tyreek Hilland playmaker Travis Kelce to throw to this time around. He's going to have to do a lot to produce 2017-like numbers (4,000-plus yards, 26 TDs and 104.7 passer rating) due to the lower talent level and Gruden's offensive playbook. I hope I'm way off when I say that Washington might just have the first pick of the 2019 NFL Draft, but there's a chance I could be right. Think about it.

2018 prediction: 65 completion percentage, 3,700 passing yards, 24 TD, 10 INT.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters these projections don't mean squat. Injuries & other unknown factors will determine a lot of this. That being said - those #s for Smith are not all that bad. I would expect better #s for Cousins because he is on a better team. A big unknown for Smith will be exactly what weapons he will have at his disposal & how effective will they be. Will they draft a top notch RB? Will Reed contribute? Will Richardson be a factor? Will Doctson improve? Who in the hell knows... TBD

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Reed being healthy, Doctson stepping up and this draft is gonna make or break our season. Smith will be what he's always been, steady, reliable, mistake free, and more or less a Pro Bowl QB that can't carry a team but.one that you can certainly win with.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing it out there as it mentions our new QB as well as our old QB and how one person expects them to fair in their new homes.

Cousins is the first quarterback in NFL history to change teams after recording 4,000-plus passing yards in each of the previous three seasons. He established himself as better than average while playing in a pro-style offense that didn't cater to his strengths. Given that and the dwindling relationship between Cousins and Jay Gruden, the QB's final year in Washington was pretty painful to watch. Now, Cousins joins an offense with much more talent and a new coordinator in John DeFilippo who ran a cutting-edge offense in Philly.

Cousins can do everything the elite quarterbacks do, and with a supporting cast of Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen (the NFL's top receiving duo in 2017), TE Kyle Rudolph and a healthy Dalvin Cook in the backfield, this should be his best season to date. The Vikings provide a perfect situation for Cousins -- he should take them back to the NFC title game ... and maybe beyond.

Smith's walking into a pro-style offense and it's not to his advantage. Jay Gruden and OC Matt Cavanaugh must adapt to Smith's strengths -- using more run-pass option, for example -- to give the team and the quarterback any chance for success. And it seems like they're going to, according to The Washington Post, which is promising. Smith also has the challenge of not having speedster Tyreek Hilland playmaker Travis Kelce to throw to this time around. He's going to have to do a lot to produce 2017-like numbers (4,000-plus yards, 26 TDs and 104.7 passer rating) due to the lower talent level and Gruden's offensive playbook. I hope I'm way off when I say that Washington might just have the first pick of the 2019 NFL Draft, but there's a chance I could be right. Think about it.

First GM to let 2 1,000 yard WRs go in the same year. First GM to let a QB with 3 4,000 yd seasons in a row go as well.

Bruce Allen - reinventing the wheel by turning it into a square.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The One Trick Pony posting a link to something that paints the Redskins moves in a less-than-favorable light?

Shocking!

One-Trick-Pony at it again.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First GM to let 2 1,000 yard WRs go in the same year. First GM to let a QB with 3 4,000 yd seasons in a row go as well.

Bruce Allen - reinventing the wheel by turning it into a square.

NO worries though. Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson will both say healthy for 16 games, as will Moses. Josh Doctson will finally get it, and Gruden will actually use the run game.

This is the year Bruce will finally prove to everyone, he is the smartest Allen to ever grace the NFL.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The One Trick Pony posting a link to something that paints the Redskins moves in a less-than-favorable light?

Shocking!

One-Trick-Pony at it again.

And yet you say nothing when Dean and others post an article kissing Smiths ass. Also.. not shocking.

Well correction.. you do say.. I agree.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Carwreck must be a skins hater to say that they may be inline for #1 pick in 2019, but anything can happen i suppose

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters these projections don't mean squat. Injuries & other unknown factors will determine a lot of this. That being said - those #s for Smith are not all that bad. I would expect better #s for Cousins because he is on a better team. A big unknown for Smith will be exactly what weapons he will have at his disposal & how effective will they be. Will they draft a top notch RB? Will Reed contribute? Will Richardson be a factor? Will Doctson improve? Who in the hell knows... TBD

Those #s for Cuz, if they come at the right times for the Vikes and they can stay away from significant injury issues could get them to the Super Bowl. Hell, 30 passing TDs in a year in DC the last 2 years would've been 8 more passing TDs for the Redskins over 2 seasons, Cuz had 25 passing TDs in 16 and 27 passing TDs last year. 8 more TDs over the last 2 seasons could've helped the Redskins significantly in the W/L column.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Carwreck must be a skins hater to say that they may be inline for #1 pick in 2019, but anything can happen i suppose

That was puttin a little too much on it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those #s for Cuz, if they come at the right times for the Vikes and they can stay away from significant injury issues could get them to the Super Bowl. Hell, 30 passing TDs in a year in DC the last 2 years would've been 8 more passing TDs for the Redskins over 2 seasons, Cuz had 25 passing TDs in 16 and 27 passing TDs last year. 8 more TDs over the last 2 seasons could've helped the Redskins significantly in the W/L column.
Hey you could be 100% correct but I don't really give a fuck since I don' root for the Vikings & by extension I don't root for Cousins (don't wish him bad either).

Just hoping for the best for Smith & the Skins - time will tell.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now Dad. It is completely insane and hater like to suggest we could have the first pick in the draft. I mean, who on this board would predict that? :peace:

Wait...it is some guy named onesies. What the hell is onesies anyways?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Dad. It is completely insane and hater like to suggest we could have the first pick in the draft. I mean, who on this board would predict that? :peace:

Wait...it is some guy named onesies. What the hell is onesies anyways?

This would be a onesie.. Apparently he is trying to refer to you as a child.

beer-print-onesie-1.jpg

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...is that really the best he’s got? How old is he to use that as an insult?

I might as well call him...Bananaman.

Last time I hear some one throw onesie as an insult, it was my grand father, he was in his 70s at the time, and that was more than 25 years ago... just saying.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I hear some one throw onesie as an insult, it was my grand father, he was in his 70s at the time, and that was more than 25 years ago... just saying.

Damn, when I am 100 like Mitzi, I just hope I can form a sentence and not shit myself.

Well done Mitzi, you old haggard POS.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you could be 100% correct but I don't really give a fuck since I don' root for the Vikings & by extension I don't root for Cousins (don't wish him bad either).

Just hoping for the best for Smith & the Skins - time will tell.

You gave a fuck enough to write about it in the first place. You better hope harder. I don't see those #s for Alex doing the Skins a whole lotta good.

#keephopealive

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um I don't listen to experts anymore they always pick Dallas to win Superbowl every year, and the prime time nfl schedule show is a complete joke imo .. they always have skins with 3- 4 wins every year ..

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um I don't listen to experts anymore they always pick Dallas to win Superbowl every year, and the prime time nfl schedule show is a complete joke imo .. they always have skins with 3- 4 wins every year ..

I agree...free-thinking is good.

Well, if you pick a team to have 3-4 wins every year, eventually you will be right...perhaps this seaso? Hmmmm