• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A little worried about Lynch...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's playing hurt and has a very short wek to heal.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to make Michael and Turbin earn their money. Lynch looked ok in the presser after the game (comedy gold if you got a chance to see it) so I doubt he misses thursday's game. He'll probably have limited carries though.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger worry beyond this week is his back issues. When your back is hurt, it makes it almost impossible to keep the rest of your body in top form. All the pounding is catching up and his status for next season may be decided by his back more than anything else.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger worry beyond this week is his back issues. When your back is hurt, it makes it almost impossible to keep the rest of your body in top form. All the pounding is catching up and his status for next season may be decided by his back more than anything else.

Agree. He may retire.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard somewhere that he had an upset stomach more than a back issue. That being said, it's possible that they realized early on that they weren't going to get much on the ground the conventional way against Arizona and just decided not to take any unnecessary risks with Lynch when there's another game to be played on Thursday night. If I remember correctly, he had the one big run and then did most of the rest of his damage as a receiver with room to run. There would have been no sense in continuing to run him into a pile of bodies at the line of scrimmage if they didn't have to and with the defense playing as well as it did yesterday, they didn't have to.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn usually has big games against SC and I expect this week will be more of the same. I agree with dude82 that they likely did spare him once they figured out running really wasn't going to work yesterday. ARZ's defense was really stout up front, I wasn't expecting them to be that good.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they can work on him for a few days, let him go full tilt against San Francisco and then let him rest/get worked on before the Philly game. If there's an upside to Thursday Night games, it's that players have more time to rest up before playing their next game.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now they can work on him for a few days, let him go full tilt against San Francisco and then let him rest/get worked on before the Philly game. If there's an upside to Thursday Night games, it's that players have more time to rest up before playing their next game.

I agree, I think SF is going to get a full dose of Lynch. There's isn't any middle ground with him, it's either give him the rock or he's out for the game. Man gives you 110% every week, love his heart and toughness.