• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, that's gone out the window!

Who else is out there?

Robin Lopez has been my preference out of this FA class for months now. He's still out there, but competition will be fierce.

Pacers were looking to dump Hibbert, so that could be an option as well (have the cap space to absorb his contract, plus only has 1 year remaining, so it doesn't necessarily affect next year's available cap space).

Harris is still out there at SF, but is an RFA. So is KJ McDaniels, who impressed with Philly as a rookie, but didn't do much with Houston after the trade. Caron Butler could be a short term option for a vet presence at SF as well.

Thomas Robinson is a PF, but I wouldn't mind taking a "Ed Davis" type shot at rehabilitating his career.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Lopez has been my preference out of this FA class for months now. He's still out there, but competition will be fierce.

Pacers were looking to dump Hibbert, so that could be an option as well (have the cap space to absorb his contract, plus only has 1 year remaining, so it doesn't necessarily affect next year's available cap space).

Harris is still out there at SF, but is an RFA. So is KJ McDaniels, who impressed with Philly as a rookie, but didn't do much with Houston after the trade. Caron Butler could be a short term option for a vet presence at SF as well.

Thomas Robinson is a PF, but I wouldn't mind taking a "Ed Davis" type shot at rehabilitating his career.

I believe the Magic said they won't match a max offer for Harris so he's still (hopefully) in play.
Lopez is a long shot but you never know.

Can't rule out any trades either.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ESPN article claimed the Philadelphia 76ers as the top analytics teams in all sports. It's really serving them well.

Oh ye of little faith...

Mark my words the Sixers will be a force once again...at least that's what I keep telling myself :)

One thing about the Sixers analytics team - the Sixers have tanking down to a science

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When free agents would rather play in Milwaukee well

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in the same boat as the Knicks. We are not far enough along to be able to "win-now" and this appears to be the deciding factor that many of the FAs are using to assist them in their decision-making process. Monroe used it to choose Milwaukee. LA used it. D. Jordon just got freaked out about his perception of the Buss family "weirdness". Jordon hasn't made up his mind yet so we are still in the picture, albeit on a minimal basis. So as it stands right now, Harris may be in play although I doubt we will sign him. Hill and Davis will probably re-sign along with Kelly.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ye of little faith...

Mark my words the Sixers will be a force once again...at least that's what I keep telling myself :)

One thing about the Sixers analytics team - the Sixers have tanking down to a science

Just pointing out that it doesn't matter how great your analytics department is if you don't have the players. Stats don't play games.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is signing with Portland. Looks like he is going to get about $6 mill per for 3 years or something close to that. On we go but I think we have our five in Whiteside 2.0, Upshaw. We shall see.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For more money mind you

Is it more money? His agent reportedly said the same offer was presented from allthe teams he met with. Somehow Milwaukee was seen as best chance of winning

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA and LA are having a second meeting tonight. Maybe he is using the Lakers as leverage, but maybe those earlier reports are wrong. LA in LA is a must now to have any chance at a playoff berth.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA and LA are having a second meeting tonight. Maybe he is using the Lakers as leverage, but maybe those earlier reports are wrong. LA in LA is a must now to have any chance at a playoff berth.

I hope they remember to bring some stats that show Nick Young doesn't really suck! Lakers analytical department strikes again. :pound:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it more money? His agent reportedly said the same offer was presented from allthe teams he met with. Somehow Milwaukee was seen as best chance of winning

And you're surprised his agent would want to make his client look good?

Woj reported that neither the Lakers or Knicks offered him a max.

But, yes, ultimately he looked at the Bucks as the better roster.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are doing some nice things and Jabari Parker is back. They have a nice team and if J Kidd can get them to all buy in, they could be a top 5 team in the east, which isn't saying much.

I could deal with Robin Lopez, he's a serviceable big that we could do some things with. I wouldn't mind bringing Jordan back and using him as a backup 5. I like Tobias Harris also, I think he'd be a nice addition.

Personally, other than Kobe, I'd gut the roster as much as possible(with our UFA) and fill in where needed.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw this on Chris Mannix's twitter page. While we'll never know what went on in that meeting.

While we know that the Lakers should have focused more on basketball, I'm sure a lot of FA are interested in LA life, ala Dwight Howard. I think the Lakers have a lot more to offer than what was presented, I'm sure.

Hopefully they make a lot better impression the 2nd time around, assuming the meeting happens.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Kobe will not be involved in this meeting, it'll be B Scott and Mitch. Apparently Kobe told LA that he could be the next Pau Gasol (second fiddle on a championship team). IDK why Kobe can't at least lie and tell him he will be the next face of the franchise, a guy like LA doesn't want to hear that he will be the 2nd option. Kobe should be thinking about taking more of a backseat if he wants a 6th title. I'm guessing that they did talk about basketball, but Lamarcus didn't like what he heard.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it'll be B.Scott and Mitch this time. Apparently the Lakers left out all of the albatrosses. Let's see... ...the weirdness of the Buss family, James Worthy, and... ... not going to say it.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are really overstating any issues with the Buss family and Kobe at these presentations.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Davis signed a 3 year 20 million dollar contract with Portland!

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm late to this conversation, and if this has been stated already, my apologies. Anyway, I can't see these two surviving on the same team. Mountains of ego, and with Kobe wanting to be the 'go to guy' and Rondo not content to playing second fiddle, I don't see this working out well for the Lakers.