• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A letter from Jaromir Jagr

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Penguins Fan,

A few of you know me as former Penguins’ winger Jaromir Jagr, though vast majority of you know me as former Rangers’ winger Jaromir Jagr. If you still do not know who I am, you be seeing my jersey in rafters at Consol in the year 2073. I am writing to be expressing to you sincerest of apologies for not signing with your team.

There are many of reasons I select to be joined with the Philadelphia Flyers.

First of all, last time I was in Pittsburgh, I was second fiddle to a legend you know as Mario Lemieux. He cast big shadow and was hard for me. To come back to your team now to be second fiddle to Sidney Crosby would be okay. But to be fourth fiddle after man named Geno and another man with a woman’s name would bring shame to my family.

Second, I am made fun of frequent for my hair. As a Flyer, I would play alongside Scott Hartnell and would never again have to feel I have worst hair on team. Have you seen him? He look almost identical to Jaclav the Clown from my home country. It is funny.

Third, while I am knowing little of Philadelphia, it is called City of Brotherly Love. Management assure me that fans are loving and supportive here, a perfect environment where I will not have too much pressures on shoulder.

Fourth, in the last few week, the Flyers have cleared out nearly all of their offensive talent, clearly intending for me to be central focus of new offense. This appeal to me very greatly.

And finally, as the popular American expression goes, they “show me the money.”

No hard on feelings.

Sincerely - Jaromir

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fook you was directed at the fictional author, not the real author.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth -- Jagr (The Philadelphia Inquirer) http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ed_down_richer_offers_to_join_the_Flyers.html

During recent negotiations, Jagr said he didn't tell Penguins co-owner Mario Lemieux that he would return to Pittsburgh.

"I didn't promise anybody anything that I was going back". "The Penguins seemed like I did something wrong or something bad, and I don't think I did something bad." "If I hurt somebody, I apologize, I didn't mean it, but this is my life, and I want to make the choice."

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth -- Jagr (The Philadelphia Inquirer) Jagr turned down richer offers to join the Flyers | Philadelphia Inquirer | 07/03/2011

During recent negotiations, Jagr said he didn't tell Penguins co-owner Mario Lemieux that he would return to Pittsburgh.

"I didn't promise anybody anything that I was going back". "The Penguins seemed like I did something wrong or something bad, and I don't think I did something bad." "If I hurt somebody, I apologize, I didn't mean it, but this is my life, and I want to make the choice."

Oh c'mon, We all know he signed there because it's close to Atlantic City. :tongue:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth -- Jagr (The Philadelphia Inquirer) Jagr turned down richer offers to join the Flyers | Philadelphia Inquirer | 07/03/2011

That's a thin veil Jaromir. He knew what he was doing and that it would be personal with fans, as well as burn bridges with the organization.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered, Jaromir Jagr would rather be in Philadelphia.

In a conference call with reporters on Saturday, the new Flyers right winger said he signed a $3.3 million, one-year deal Friday even though "there were a lot more teams with a higher offer than Philadelphia."
Jagr, 39, said he didn't expect to become a Flyer. "I didn't think I was going there, but after the conversation with the coaches and Chris Pronger, I started to like it," said Jagr, who had offers from the Penguins (who reportedly offered $2 million) and Red Wings, among others.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jagr.jpg

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00