• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe BK doesn't watch the Mets...

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF cant get the Tigers on TV..what is up with that??

checked every FOX channel...
maybe it is pay per view channel???
never been that way before... any tiger fans know??

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's on the alternate today. 446 on the dish.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, watching the Tribe game today with my dad. He tells me he doesn't really care about baseball and he only went to card shows and ballgames because I was big on it.

Now, I am 38 and I haven't been to a ball game or card show with my dad in over 20 years, but damn that stung. I equate this to finding out Santa Claus is not real. Its like, why did you go to all of those games if you didn't care?

Sorry, I needed to vent and I figured you guys could relate.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of surprised how fast that happened after tying the game up at 5-5.

Yeah -- it was a roller coaster game. 2-0, down 3-2, up 5-3, tied at 5, then Cody Allen happened. I'm guessing he can't stand the Tigers, as they beat him up last year too.

Only the 9th time the Tigers have started 5-0. Impressed with the start, especially since I wasn't sure what to expect this year. Helps that our 8-9 hole hitters have an OBP of over .500 thru 5 games and our SS position (Iglesias and Romine) are hitting like .700 between the two of them. I'm going out on a limb and saying they won't keep up that pace.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, watching the Tribe game today with my dad. He tells me he doesn't really care about baseball and he only went to card shows and ballgames because I was big on it.

Now, I am 38 and I haven't been to a ball game or card show with my dad in over 20 years, but damn that stung. I equate this to finding out Santa Claus is not real. Its like, why did you go to all of those games if you didn't care?

Sorry, I needed to vent and I figured you guys could relate.
On the Brightside, your dad did all that stuff because YOU loved to go. Not everybody has a Dad that's happy to see his son happy, or one that'll go to ballgames he doesn't really care about anyway.

My oldman still doesn't hate Joe Nathan for some reason.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Brightside, your dad did all that stuff because YOU loved to go. Not everybody has a Dad that's happy to see his son happy, or one that'll go to ballgames he doesn't really care about anyway.

My oldman still doesn't hate Joe Nathan for some reason.

True. He's a good guy.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I know what round a bout means.

But bks asking if it was the Yankees Greene and then saying it was from the fister deal leave it open to interpretation.

If Greene was sent to wash then to Detroit in fister deal..that would be a round about way too!!

He could of came this way...

Roundabout-1.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amen to that. Before my son was born (he will be 2 on May 10th) -- I said, there is no way a son of mine will be into this or into that. I said I was going to turn him into a mini-me and he would play football, basketball and baseball.

Fast forward to today and I can say without hesitation -- I will support any and everything my son chooses. I lived my childhood already and I was lucky enough to have not one, but two parents who went to every game and no matter how good or how bad I was doing -- I could always look in the stands and they'd be there for me.

So if my son isn't into sports the way I was and still am to this day and he would rather play an instrument or join the drama club -- I will be there to support him no matter what. Would I be disappointed? A little bit, but I would never let him know -- I would be there for him to tell him how proud I am of him. I would not be disappointed in him though, it'd be mine of selfish reasons, if that makes sense.

Now that I think about it -- I do have one thing I would not let my son do. He will never be allowed to LARP. I'm not going to have my kid playing dress up with costumes and swords, chasing around other grown men in the park. Only reason I mention this is -- every sunday on the way home from church -- a group of 5 or 6 kids are running around the park by my house dressed up trying to hit each other with foam swords and I can't help but laugh every time I see it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ventura vs Wilson is seemingly favorable for the Royals, but I am not calling for a sweep just yet.

Should be a good game. If the Royals continue to hit for power like they have been -- they are going to be tough to beat. Moustakas looks like a different player this year. That homerun yesterday was a bomb.

That being said -- don't count out the Angels. CJ Wilson looked really good in his first start -- 8 innings of 2 hits ball. Should be a fun game to watch. Hope they have it on here, like they did last night's game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Comcast is your cable provider it's on the MLB Network right now.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ventura vs Wilson is seemingly favorable for the Royals, but I am not calling for a sweep just yet.

now you can, Perez with number 3 to lead the majors and 9 for the team now to lead the majors. Batting average still behind Detroit. Amazing start for both teams but they both improved their weaknesses in their offense this offseason and its showing.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now you can, Perez with number 3 to lead the majors and 9 for the team now to lead the majors. Batting average still behind Detroit. Amazing start for both teams but they both improved their weaknesses in their offense this offseason and its showing.

They aren't just beating teams -- they are pummeling teams. Detroit is +31 in run differential and KC is +25 in run differential thru just 6 games.

Very impressive starts by both teams.