• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Opening Day series in Cleveland tonight.

I'd be excited but @dougplayer told me Alfredo Simon was going to throw a no-no, Miggy & V-Mart would combine for three grand slams and Ian Kinsler will steal home. Twice.

I might just sell my tickets.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Opening Day series in Cleveland tonight.

I'd be excited but @dougplayer told me Alfredo Simon was going to throw a no-no, Miggy & V-Mart would combine for three grand slams and Ian Kinsler will steal home. Twice.

I might just sell my tickets.
Good luck. Most Tiger fans already got em half price on Stub Hub.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, bleacher tickets are over $100 on stubhub. Normally, they are $10.

For some reason, bleacher seats on opening day are always ridiculous. they have SRO tix for about $40 right now. If they drop to $30, even after the game started, we're going.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the AL Central is going to be one of, if not, the toughest divisions in baseball this year. Outside of the Twins, who have some of the best young players coming up from the minors -- The rest of the division should all be in it til the end.

Going to be a fun year. I really like the pitching on Cleveland thus far. Kluber, Carrasco and Bauer were all impressive. KC has as much talent as anybody. Detroit is in the same boat as KC, even though I really think our bullpen is a disaster. The White Sox added a bunch of talent and could have the best pitcher in the AL in Chris Sale.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the AL Central is going to be one of, if not, the toughest divisions in baseball this year. Outside of the Twins, who have some of the best young players coming up from the minors -- The rest of the division should all be in it til the end.

Going to be a fun year. I really like the pitching on Cleveland thus far. Kluber, Carrasco and Bauer were all impressive. KC has as much talent as anybody. Detroit is in the same boat as KC, even though I really think our bullpen is a disaster. The White Sox added a bunch of talent and could have the best pitcher in the AL in Chris Sale.

Agreed. I picked the Tigers to win, but really think the Indians will (might be bias), but I would not be surprised if any team but the Twins took the title.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cleveland and Detroit look strong. KC is a boom/bust team which is so far booming. (SSS tho!)

CHW has upside to win 90, but they could also be mediocre.

The Central probably has the most upside of any division.

Twins could score a lot of runs after 162, but they're going to give up even more runs when it is all said in done. Clearly the runt, but that same group is going to be thorn in a year or two.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene and company almost pulled off another shutout. I only got to listen on the radio, but Dickerson said something in the 6th about Greene only getting to ONE two ball count!?! That's impressive.

greene has some upside??? dam strike machine!! if he can throw strikes like that every start he will win a lot of games.

Yep, I'll gladly eat crow on my comment. I don't think Greene got to a 3-ball count until the 7th. Had 85 pitches after 8 innings. First-pitch strike percentage at one point was something like 15 of 19. The Fister comparisons are pretty accurate if this game was any indication.