• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a 10+ year run of actually attending the opening day game that ended in 2013. Sometimes, being a responsible adult sucks donkey balls.

Amen. This year would have been my 20th year in a row (Every opening day since my sophomore year in high school). My brother was in town from Chicago with his family and I volunteered to watch his 8 year old and my 2 year old, while all the wives and my two brothers went to the game.

I should say though -- going to opening day in detroit doesn't include going to the game for the majority of people. Stadium holds like 45,000, but there is about 300,000 people down for opening day every year. It is a huge party and just gets bigger every year it seems.

I figured my son will understand what is going on next year and I will start a new streak with him and I -- minus the alcohol and tailgating.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't even know tigers got simon..so no prediction on a no no..

Ausmus is in mid season form..Simon in the 6th inning...6 straight hits and the tribe scoring runs..Ausmus wakes up and pulls him.. really 6 straight hits??? Tigers didn't have any body warming up! whos fault was that????

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fister comparisons are pretty accurate if this game was any indication.

That is exactly what I said when watching the game. He looked like Fister, though his breaking ball isn't as sharp as Fister's -- he can move the ball to both sides of the plate though.

I really liked what I saw from him.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-0.
I agree we can count out the Twins this year. But the Indians..Didn't change much. still bad on defense. the offense isn't good enough to over come that. The have only 1 or maybe 2 hitters that can homer in the clutch.

Royals have to be the tigers main foe...White sox slow start might cost them if they cant get it going

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that game sucked. I'm glad I didn't spend $100 a ticket to watch that shit show.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a short drive for a weekend getaway.

I agree. I have been to Comerica and old Tiger Stadium a few times.

Actually, last time I was was Tiger Stadium, passed an accident scene on the way back, as the responders were showing up. That was ugly. A few people checked out that night.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Greene was on Yankees last year when Fister was already in Washington.
Round about has a different definition than direct.

Greene was acquired in a three way trade. Robbie Ray (Who was acquired in the Fister deal.) was dealt from the Tigers to the DBacks. DiDi Gregorious was dealt to the Yankees. SG to the Tigers.

Ian Krol was also acquired for Fister, you might have saw him striking out Twins like it was his job earlier this week.

Lombardozzi is no longer in the organization. Neither is the dude he was traded for. But Alex Gonzalez did have a walkoff single last opening day.

(Also in a round about way, Greene and Krol were acquired for Casper Wells, Charlie Furbush, and Chance Ruffin.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I have been to Comerica and old Tiger Stadium a few times.

Actually, last time I was was Tiger Stadium, passed an accident scene on the way back, as the responders were showing up. That was ugly. A few people checked out that night.
Yikes!

I sat in traffic in Toledo forever the other day on my way back from Cleveland. (Non baseball trip) Nobody died, but a lot of guys were leaning on shovels.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round about has a different definition than direct.

Greene was acquired in a three way trade. Robbie Ray (Who was acquired in the Fister deal.) was dealt from the Tigers to the DBacks. DiDi Gregorious was dealt to the Yankees. SG to the Tigers.

Ian Krol was also acquired for Fister, you might have saw him striking out Twins like it was his job earlier this week.

Lombardozzi is no longer in the organization. Neither is the dude he was traded for. But Alex Gonzalez did have a walkoff single last opening day.

(Also in a round about way, Greene and Krol were acquired for Casper Wells, Charlie Furbush, and Chance Ruffin.)

Gotcha. I know what round a bout means.

But bks asking if it was the Yankees Greene and then saying it was from the fister deal leave it open to interpretation.

If Greene was sent to wash then to Detroit in fister deal..that would be a round about way too!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I know what round a bout means.

But bks asking if it was the Yankees Greene and then saying it was from the fister deal leave it open to interpretation.

If Greene was sent to wash then to Detroit in fister deal..that would be a round about way too!!
Sometimes the Central Smack Board is like abstract art.

Other times it's just a bunch of us A-Holes yelling at each other.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lobstien tomorrow. kid just called up for this start. that's 2 leftys in the rotation.
tigers went long time with out a lefty. a good 1. after Kenny rogers. Smyle was the only one worth mentioning.

Raburn got in the game today. he just stood there like a house beside the road in a called 3rd strike.
its so nice not having to look at him in a tiger uni...so nice. and that Inge.

R Davis cant get in the line up. that rookie Gose is tearing it up. Kid can play center field to.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, liking Cain in the 3 hole, reminds me of Wally Joyner, Mark Grace and John Olerud when they hit there.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4-0 start may seem a little premature to get happy about but at the end of the season if Detoit wins the Central by 1-2 game then every win meant something.

The Twinkies will get better. I doubt they are ready to contend but they will compete. Can't see Santana being this bad all season. Glad Detroit got them while they are down.

I liked what I saw from Greene and think he will be a better #4 than Porcello would have been. Also seen that Boston didn't waste any time in locking up Porcello, thought that was a little early to give him an extension but hey it's not my money.