• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to each their own, I would rather have someone with a vested interest in it when I am not there or not do it at all.

Back to you sucking shit for Alex Gordon signing with the Royals....still HAHAHAHAHA...made this a great off season. Hell you can't catch a break for years now....WS run, WS Championship, now this season starting off great...you were just a dumb ass for years, now for 3 years you have been proven to be the ultimate dumb ass.
lol... bums.. flat out... if that place was successful.. you AND your partner would have been able to buy a new one... and you could have carried on.. or better yet.. you could have just gotten a loan and bought out the equity value his wife would have been owed... the place was a shit hole... say what you want.. but fact of the matter is this... nobody that can own a profitable restaurant is going to sell it.. and then go work at a sporting goods store as a low level manager... i am not buying what you are selling.. just like I don't buy the shit you sell on this site. The Royals won the WS.. celebrate.. because judging on what you have told me over the years.. you don't have much else to celebrate.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,

I have celebrated since I met you, I broke your impossible to break "trollgate" and its just been gravy every year since then.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey,

2014 - WS - 7 games
2015 - WS CHAMPS
2016 -

Since 1969 - Royals 13 ws games won, Tigers 7 ws games won....just sayin

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey,

2014 - WS - 7 games
2015 - WS CHAMPS
2016 -

Since 1969 - Royals 13 ws games won, Tigers 7 ws games won....just sayin

I am glad the Royals were able to win to brighten you shit life... What year did you lose your business and have to go to work for cabelas? why not put that year on there...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,

I have celebrated since I met you, I broke your impossible to break "trollgate" and its just been gravy every year since then.
gravy.. you can afford gravy on the salary cabela's pays?

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any body seen. Mr hockey lately? ??? He must be butt hurt. Red wings destroy the sharks. Again....he just can't seem to ever back a winner

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to each their own, I would rather have someone with a vested interest in it when I am not there or not do it at all.

Back to you sucking shit for Alex Gordon signing with the Royals....still HAHAHAHAHA...made this a great off season. Hell you can't catch a break for years now....WS run, WS Championship, now this season starting off great...you were just a dumb ass for years, now for 3 years you have been proven to be the ultimate dumb ass.
I please tell me how this season is starting off great for you... Because you get to keep a 32 yr old LFer at 72 mil over 4 yrs? LOL... You don't have one starter that is going to get you 200 innings right now and your bullpen lost Madsen and Holland... and only gained Soria, who by the way has looked like his arm might fall off at any minute. Like I said... Celebrate now.. the collapse is coming.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the rumors are true... That the Royals are after Ian Kennedy. Because he would fit nicely in that rotation filled with 4.5 ERA's...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tiger invested TONS of money into an injury prone Miggy and he doesn't even have a GG it could EASILY end up being a total waste of money...HAHAHAHA
LOL.. Yeah... MIggy doesn't have a GG... but he has 2 MVP's, a TRIPLE CROWN, 6 Silver Slugger Awards, 4 batting titles, 2 HR titles, and 2 RBI titles... Cool.... Gordon has 4 GG's... Thats nice.

You are paying Gordon like a top 25 hitter when he isn't even a top 100 hitter... maybe not even top 150.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. Yeah... MIggy doesn't have a GG... but he has 2 MVP's, a TRIPLE CROWN, 6 Silver Slugger Awards, 4 batting titles, 2 HR titles, and 2 RBI titles... Cool.... Gordon has 4 GG's... Thats nice.

You are paying Gordon like a top 25 hitter when he isn't even a top 100 hitter... maybe not even top

So you think that on average, each team potentially has 5 hitters better than Gordon (a guy who over the past 5 years has a 121 OPS+)?

I don't think you'll find many who agree with that...

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't mind Ian Kennedy at the right price. Good K and BB/9's. Get that HR spike under control and he'd be a solid pitcher to have. Good gamble to make ala Chris Young and Ervin Santana in 2013. xFIP numbers are worth a look.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think that on average, each team potentially has 5 hitters better than Gordon (a guy who over the past 5 years has a 121 OPS+)?

I don't think you'll find many who agree with that...
he has a .269 career BA... and has only hit more than 20 HR twice.. and never has driven in more than 87 runs... Nobody can argue the guy is a top 25 hitter... I don't think there is even an argument that he is a top 50 hitter... He is 32... he isn't going to get better... he is going to get worse. Use what ever stat you want.. the guy isn't worth 72 million for years that are OUTSIDE OF HIS PRIME.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't mind Ian Kennedy at the right price. Good K and BB/9's. Get that HR spike under control and he'd be a solid pitcher to have. Good gamble to make ala Chris Young and Ervin Santana in 2013. xFIP numbers are worth a look.
When your rotation is set up like KC's is currently.. Ian Kennedy looks like fucking Cy Young.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has a .271 career BA... and has only hit more than 20 HR twice.. and never has driven in more than 87 runs... Nobody can argue the guy is a top 25 hitter... I don't think there is even an argument that he is a top 50 hitter... He is 32... he isn't going to get better... he is going to get worse. Use what ever stat you want.. the guy isn't worth 72 million for years that are OUTSIDE OF HIS PRIME.

Why do I care about his career batting average when he's clearly on a higher level than he was playing on before 2010? I mean, should we look at Zack Greinke's or CC Sabathia's career numbers when discussing how good they are right now, or is that kind of ridiculous?

Fact is, Gordon's got a .360 OBP and 121 OPS+ over the past 5 years, and that's quite impressive. Just to put that into perspective, the 2nd best offense in 2015 had 3 players with a better OPS+ than Gordon's, yet you think that each team on average has 5 better hitters than him? Come on...looks like you're talking out of your ass on that one.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowns can say what ever they want.. You are buying Gordon's defense not hit bat. And you are buying 4 years of his bat outside of his prime. KC could have spent this money more wisely.. but they chose to appease homer fans like da55bums... and invest in a player they had gotten huge value on... now they are going to lose value. I would love for any Royals fan to explain to me how.. IF.. the Royals somehow find themselves in another playoff run... they are going to be able to not only have the prospects to make in season deals like they did last year.. but the financial room to add salary... This year is VERY different from years past... I don't think they will be in the hunt for the playoffs.. but if they are.. they are not going to be able to add to the team like last year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I care about his career batting average when he's clearly on a higher level than he was playing on before 2010? I mean, should we look at Zack Greinke's or CC Sabathia's career numbers when discussing how good they are right now, or is that kind of ridiculous?

Fact is, Gordon's got a .360 OBP and 121 OPS+ over the past 5 years, and that's quite impressive. Just to put that into perspective, the 2nd best offense in 2015 had 3 players with a better OPS+ than Gordon's, yet you think that each team on average has 5 better hitters than him? Come on...
Its impressive... but not top 25... or top 50 numbers... You are arguing a point that has nothing to do with what I said... I said he isn't worth top 25 money... he isn't a top 25 hitter... and he is out of his prime years.. his defense already has taken a dive last year... you think its going to get better with age?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its impressive... but not top 25... or top 50 numbers... You are arguing a point that has nothing to do with what I said... I said he isn't worth top 25 money... he isn't a top 25 hitter... and he is out of his prime years.. his defense already has taken a dive last year... you think its going to get better with age?

You said he may not even be top 150...that's ridiculous, and I think you know that.

When you factor in his elite defense, a good case can certainly be made for him being a top 50 position player.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fact is, Gordon's got a .360 OBP and 121 OPS+ over the past 5 years, and that's quite impressive. Just to put that into perspective, the 2nd best offense in 2015 had 3 players with a better OPS+ than Gordon's, yet you think that each team on average has 5 better hitters than him? Come on...looks like you're talking out of your ass on that one.
Go back and read what I said... I said he isn't top 25 or even top 100... and POSSIBLY not even top 150. Depending on how you look at Gordon's numbers he is NOT a top 100 batter. And what you are saying is very true.. I am sorry.. but you can't use the last 5 years to show what Gordon will be at age 32.. he is clearly not the same player he was a few years ago... Defensively or Offensively.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he may not even be top 150...that's ridiculous, and I think you know that.

When you factor in his elite defense, a good case can certainly be made for him being a top 50 position player.
Key to the entire thing... "may not be"... look up that phrase and get back to me.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His defense was not elite last year.. look it up stat boy.