• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="TrustMeIamRight, post: 8731747, member: 4274"
The question I would be asking if I were a Cleveland fan is -- why won't the Indians dump Gomes if they could have dealt for Lucroy?[/QUOTE]

That is the core of the story. If, as Lucroy stated, the Indians did not insure Lucroy the starting catcher position in 2017, then the onus is on Cleveland. Now...does Cleveland answer Lucroy's claims? If not, I walk away with the impression that POSSIBLY the Tribe made a mistake. If Antonetti was trying to keep both (knowing Lucroy had a veto) he mis-calculated. HAS Antonelli stated his side of the story?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What fans have to realize is -- these players have families and have to uproot them when traded, so going from Milwaukee, to Cleveland, to possibly being traded and another team, then his contract year. That'd possibly be 4 different places they'd have to uproot and move.

The question I would be asking if I were a Cleveland fan is -- why won't the Indians dump Gomes if they could have dealt for Lucroy?

What fans need to realize... You're a trip.

They would have moved one or the other during the offseason. Could have been either one.

If Lucroy didn't want to be traded this offseason, that's perfectly reasonable. But that's a very different story than "I'm afraid of losing playing time to Yan Gomes."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[
That is the core of the story. If, as Lucroy stated, the Indians did not insure Lucroy the starting catcher position in 2017, then the onus is on Cleveland. Now...does Cleveland answer Lucroy's claims? If not, I walk away with the impression that POSSIBLY the Tribe made a mistake. If Antonetti was trying to keep both (knowing Lucroy had a veto) he mis-calculated. HAS Antonelli stated his side of the story?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paraphrased:

We were giving up a boatload of prospects. The notion that we would use him as a backup seems absurd to us.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No offense to your GMs abilities, but there was some double-talk and spin in that conversation. We will never know, and your view of Lucroy just not wanting to come to Clev could be 100% correct. However, Chernoff could talk to Lucroy's agent....Did he utter the words..."Gomes is gone. Your man is in." If not.....
Also the line..."We were looking how to upgrade (catching position) this year".

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slinky...does Chernoff REALLY love those prospects? I mean REALLY love them? Were there tears shed? Families contacted? Departing gifts sent? (The Cleveland Indian home board game?) I was getting choked up a little.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense to your GMs abilities, but there was some double-talk and spin in that conversation. We will never know, and your view of Lucroy just not wanting to come to Clev could be 100% correct. However, Chernoff could talk to Lucroy's agent....Did he utter the words..."Gomes is gone. Your man is in." If not.....
Also the line..."We were looking how to upgrade (catching position) this year".

The option to trade Lucroy this offseason to recoup some of what they would have lost in the trade was certainly on the table. That being the case, a guarantee that Lucroy would be the starting catcher wasn't an option, right?

The thought of him being a backup to Yan Gomes is ridiculous.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slinky...does Chernoff REALLY love those prospects? I mean REALLY love them? Were there tears shed? Families contacted? Departing gifts sent? (The Cleveland Indian home board game?) I was getting choked up a little.

Well, the main piece is a switch hitting catcher who just broke the minor league hit streak record at 46 games, so, yeah, I'd say they're pretty enamored.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The option to trade Lucroy this offseason to recoup some of what they would have lost in the trade was certainly on the table. That being the case, a guarantee that Lucroy would be the starting catcher wasn't an option, right?

I agree....now if you could get Mr. Charnoff to state that....end of story.
IMO, Indians pushed too hard. Perhaps did not FEAR THE VETO enough.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the main piece is a switch hitting catcher who just broke the minor league hit streak record at 46 games, so, yeah, I'd say they're pretty enamored.

That is odd. In the Tiger organization, Dave Dombrowski wouldn't walk on the same side of the street with prospects. He felt they we "unclean".

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....now if you could get Mr. Charnoff to state that....end of story.
IMO, Indians pushed too hard. Perhaps did not FEAR THE VETO enough.

IMO, the Indians weren't willing to guarantee that Lucroy would be Clevelands catcher in 2017, Lucroy didn't like that, so they went separate ways.

The nonsense is all this "they were going to make me a backup catcher to Yan Gomes" stuff. If that is truly what Lucroy was concerned about, he's got a loser's mindset.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was arguing with a Rays fan a few days back about this. It's a thinly veiled excuse, nothing more. Even if it happened, it wouldn't last very long.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for Matt Boyd to turn the corner today. Help tigers win. Keep pressure on indians. I like our chances today

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for Matt Boyd to turn the corner today. Help tigers win. Keep pressure on indians. I like our chances today

Matt Boyd....from Washington via Oregon State Univ. Only been in Detroit about a year. I understand he already knows it is Belle Isle and NOT Belle Island and that Belle Isle is no where near Zug Island. I guess you get a good education in the NW, unlike those who pretend to go to the University of Michigan. (Odd that this forum has/had TWO pretend Wolverine alumni posting here.)

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyd has pitched well ''recently''. In his last 4 starts his ERA is 2.21. Needs to show he can get past 6 innings. Just my view, but I put him ahead of the more highly touted Daniel Norris, just based on their AAA pitching this year. Norris has 14 starts in Toledo and has not been overwhelming, with a 1.45 WHIP and a 4.54 ERA. But with Zimmermann starting to get that "flop" smell about him....and Fulmer having starts pushed back to lengthen his season....I imagine Boyd and Norris will both get lots of starts over the next two months.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said I was michigan alum. Just my tax dollars and I vote on board members. Plus I give large donations. Why do you make things up? Do you have penis envy??

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Anybody want to talk aboot Bums Pizza Place?

This Lucroy shit is getting old.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said I was michigan alum. Just my tax dollars and I vote on board members. Plus I give large donations. Why do you make things up? Do you have penis envy??

My apologies doug....perhaps alumnus does suggest you graduated from the UM. What was it? Just that one year when you played football for Bo and backed up Jamie Morris? I guess I stand corrected.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Anybody want to talk aboot Bums Pizza Place?

This Lucroy shit is getting old.

Talking about the Bums Story. Do you realize that Vice will FINALLY get it right about the Royals this season? After what? Three years after endless posts about how they would fail....and watching them succeed every year, even win a WS, he will finally be able to say, "I told you I was right all along!". That is if he can break away from all the big business deals he is brokering, as well as the time spent in the Marlin's bullpen.
:trash:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums pizza joint closed? I heard his pizza had no heart