• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as the Tribe's starters have been in the last week....I'd still give them an edge over Detroit's. Zimmermann has the feel of a ''bust'', Sanchez and Pelfrey won't hold up, and Norris and Boyd are untested. Fulmer and Verlander will have to pull off a Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling to pull away from Cleveland.
Pull off a shiling?? You mean put red paint on sock ??

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick to my stomach that were helping the tigers
Jay. Jay. Jay. Jump on for the big win. The sudden Indian love doesn't fool me. Sure you jump on winning teams like the heat and cavs. But you picked a dude in the indians. Admit it

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys think JV is top 5 in the CYA yet?

Or do we have to wait a couple of more dominant starts?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Times Square. January 31. Look for me

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can have a drink first. Celebrate the tigers WS WIN

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the article I read yesterday. He had nothing bad to say about Cleveland and actually praised their GM for being honest.

I can see why Indians fans would be upset, but I also completely understand Lucroy's thought process. His big pay day is directly related to playing catcher full time. if Cleveland told him he'd be the everyday catcher, the trade would have been put through.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the article I read yesterday. He had nothing bad to say about Cleveland and actually praised their GM for being honest.

I can see why Indians fans would be upset, but I also completely understand Lucroy's thought process. His big pay day is directly related to playing catcher full time. if Cleveland told him he'd be the everyday catcher, the trade would have been put through.

Yeah, we've been through this. I'm not upset - it's starting to look like a good thing he vetoed the trade - but his explanation is nonsense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Indians staunchly stand behind Gomes, the least valuable catcher in baseball over the past two seasons and move Lucroy?

One of the two would have been traded this offseason.

What fans have to realize is -- these players have families and have to uproot them when traded, so going from Milwaukee, to Cleveland, to possibly being traded and another team, then his contract year. That'd possibly be 4 different places they'd have to uproot and move.

The question I would be asking if I were a Cleveland fan is -- why won't the Indians dump Gomes if they could have dealt for Lucroy?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Tigers though -- I looked at their schedule and thought we'd struggle a bit after seeing some of the pitchers we'd be facing. But Detroit has beat Sale and Syndegaard in two of the last 3 games.

I know we are paying Zimmerman big bux, but I hope they hold him out until he is 100% healthy. He looked nothing like he did at the beginning of the year. We r winning without him. Leave on the side to heal.