• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Josh McDaniels Question

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not remember any of that but okay and how many of the Patriots balls did they have?
I'm going to use good judgement and not run with this.
We have discussed this before and your mind is made up. I do not begrudge you your opinion.
My opinion is that nobody on the Patriots illegally lowered the pressure on the balls.

I have argued this point with too many people and found that nobody is listening.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not remember any of that but okay and how many of the Patriots balls did they have?

We have discussed this before and your mind is made up. I do not begrudge you your opinion.
My opinion is that nobody on the Patriots illegally lowered the pressure on the balls.

I have argued this point with too many people and found that nobody is listening.
There's too much information combined with misinformation, then add in an ample amount of missing information that there's really no basis for a judgement in either direction. It's a shame that didn't stop the NFL from making a judgement.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are of similar opinion.
As I stated, I do believe the Pats initially set the pressure in the balls at the league minimum so that they would be easier to grip.
Not with the intention that they would get cold and drop even more.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Pats have a history of cheating and all teams cheat. However there's so much contradicting information I can't see any conclusion either way.

I have a history of speeding. Does that mean at any moment I'm stopped I'm speeding? What about if the Radar guns says I'm speeding? What if the guy holding the radar gun has a kid on a team I coached and the kid didn't get play time? What if the radar gun hadn't been calibrated in five years?

In your scenario I'm guilty. But a fair judge would take all in account and probably drop it immediately unless my speeding was reckless. In the Pats case, the only apparently fair judge who ruled on the merits threw out the case. The next judge only ruled the previous judge didn't have authority to rule on anything.
Well that is one GIANT ASS REACH. Being a habitual speeder does not build the rep of being a habitual speeder, getting caught and ticketed does. The Pats on multiple occasions have been caught and ticketed. And you are dead ass wrong about my scenario and you being guilty, that's part of your stretch. If you are on some back country road speeding or on the highway so long as you don't get caught you won't have that rep

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not that nobody is listening it's more they don't buy the shit you're shoveling.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is one GIANT ASS REACH. Being a habitual speeder does not build the rep of being a habitual speeder, getting caught and ticketed does. The Pats on multiple occasions have been caught and ticketed. And you are dead ass wrong about my scenario and you being guilty, that's part of your stretch. If you are on some back country road speeding or on the highway so long as you don't get caught you won't have that rep
You would make a horrible judge. There is no dependable evidence so instead you convict on prior bad acts.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that nobody is listening it's more they don't buy the shit you're shoveling.
Do you know how the NFL came up with inflation standards?
They went to Peyton Manning and Brady and asked them what pressure they preferred. Prior to that, there were no pressure standards. QB's had the balls prepared the way they liked them.

Brady said he liked has at 12.5 PSI, Manning liked his at 13.5 PSI.
The NFL then made the standards 12.5 to 13.5

Why would Brady ask anyone to lower the pressure to less than what he preferred?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, your opinion, not a fact and no facts to support it.

You're convinced that the patriots are cheaters and that's okay. The problem comes when your opinion is challenged and then you get angry.
You'll never have 100% of the populace support you.

Like anything else, there is always another side.

100% of people don't believe in God.
100% of people don't believe in Donald Trump.
100% of people don't believe in Joe Biden
100% of people don't believe the Patriots cheated.
100% of people don't believe the Patriots didn't cheat.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, your opinion, not a fact and no facts to support it.

You're convinced that the patriots are cheaters and that's okay. The problem comes when your opinion is challenged and then you get angry.
You'll never have 100% of the populace support you.

Like anything else, there is always another side.

100% of people don't believe in God.
100% of people don't believe in Donald Trump.
100% of people don't believe in Joe Biden
100% of people don't believe the Patriots cheated.
100% of people don't believe the Patriots didn't cheat.
There might be some denial in here but certainly no anger. I've seen this as a very civil tit for tat discussion where each of us are being entertained by our own remarks. On the list of what offends me this comes somewhere after pet owners who put sweaters on their amply furred dogs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would make a horrible judge. There is no dependable evidence so instead you convict on prior bad acts.
I didn't convict you of anything I think you have started drinking already. ". Being a habitual speeder does not build the rep of being a habitual speeder, getting caught and ticketed does. The Pats on multiple occasions have been caught and ticketed." My exact comment, this clearly indicated you are only a habitual speeder if you get caught and ticketed. No Conviction

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know how the NFL came up with inflation standards?
They went to Peyton Manning and Brady and asked them what pressure they preferred. Prior to that, there were no pressure standards. QB's had the balls prepared the way they liked them.

Brady said he liked has at 12.5 PSI, Manning liked his at 13.5 PSI.
The NFL then made the standards 12.5 to 13.5

Why would Brady ask anyone to lower the pressure to less than what he preferred?
Because he knows it's easier for WRs to handle when its cold and wet and miserable and he knew he could still throw the damn ball at 4.5 lbs pf pressure.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't convict you of anything I think you have started drinking already. ". Being a habitual speeder does not build the rep of being a habitual speeder, getting caught and ticketed does. The Pats on multiple occasions have been caught and ticketed." My exact comment, this clearly indicated you are only a habitual speeder if you get caught and ticketed. No Conviction
Regardless, you are convicting based on prior bad acts and a motive and not the facts related to the crime itself. also, I was referencing your belief that the Pats DID deflate footballs in the face of so much contradictory information and not my personal example. I'm not trying to tell anyone the Pats did not do it. Just that there isn't good information to reach that conclusion.

It's not like a fart in an elevator where you know somebody in the elevator did it. I've seen a comment that stated the next day the ball pressure was measured and most of the balls were at 12.5 psi and those taking the readings were mystified. Of course that was before the entire world learned there was an "Ideal Gas Law"...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he knows it's easier for WRs to handle when its cold and wet and miserable and he knew he could still throw the damn ball at 4.5 lbs pf pressure.
touché

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
au contraire...

The shit being shoveled is by you.
Well not according to fines and draft pick losses and game suspensions but hey I guess everyone got it wrong less Pats homers???

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, you are convicting based on prior bad acts and a motive and not the facts related to the crime itself. also, I was referencing your belief that the Pats DID deflate footballs in the face of so much contradictory information and not my personal example. I'm not trying to tell anyone the Pats did not do it. Just that there isn't good information to reach that conclusion.

It's not like a fart in an elevator where you know somebody in the elevator did it. I've seen a comment that stated the next day the ball pressure was measured and most of the balls were at 12.5 psi and those taking the readings were mystified. Of course that was before the entire world learned there was an "Ideal Gas Law"...
How the fuck am I convicting at all? I said the Pats have a rep of being cheaters and that's a well deserved rep, not sure how that can be argued. Deflategate, Spygate one, Spygate 2, I aint making this shit up brah.

Difference is I don't give hoot, we cheated, we got busted, we paid the price and we still have six Lombardis, I am cool with that.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck am I convicting at all? I said the Pats have a rep of being cheaters and that's a well deserved rep, not sure how that can be argued. Deflategate, Spygate one, Spygate 2, I aint making this shit up brah.

Difference is I don't give hoot, we cheated, we got busted, we paid the price and we still have six Lombardis, I am cool with that.
"Convicting" on a message board is hyperbole meaning you believe the conclusions of the NFL's deflategate accusation had merit.

We aren't in denial here. Everyone knows the Pats try to win and push the envelope for a competitive advantage. But so does every other team and in the instance of deflategate, it was not "more likely than not" since it was never established the balls were deflated.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Convicting" on a message board is hyperbole meaning you believe the conclusions of the NFL's deflategate accusation had merit.

We aren't in denial here. Everyone knows the Pats try to win and push the envelope for a competitive advantage. But so does every other team and in the instance of deflategate, it was not "more likely than not" since it was never established the balls were deflated.

Funny. My personal opinion is Spygate is the most overblown nothing burger in the history of sports. You can't "get caught" cheating if you weren't even trying to hide. Everybody knew they were doing it. That footage could be gained a million different ways. Any coach that's concerned about getting signals stolen should be fired

Deflategate is the second biggest nothing burger in the history of sports but I do believe the ball boy snuck into the bathroom and quickly let some air out of the footballs. That said, I see no advantage to it whatsoever. It should just be legal for the QB to decide how he wants the footballs.