• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Josh McDaniels Question

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My $.02

1. You all forget that Josh also had to deal with John Elway as well as the Bronco team.
2. Josh did not draft anyone on the Broncos, Elway did and threw Josh under the bus.
3. Kraft convinced Josh to stay in NE and I'm sure Bill had a few things to say about taking that job.
4. As far as Notre Dame is concerned, I can't see him taking a college position. Professional owners have huge egos and you can bet that more than one is watching him work with Mac and the success that Mac is having. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Raiders, Jags or Lions come calling. Even the Jets with Wilson struggling, might be looking to move on and bring in an offensive mind.

5. I think Josh is happy making $9M a year in NE and having 99% control of the offense.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My $.02

1. You all forget that Josh also had to deal with John Elway as well as the Bronco team.
2. Josh did not draft anyone on the Broncos, Elway did and threw Josh under the bus.
3. Kraft convinced Josh to stay in NE and I'm sure Bill had a few things to say about taking that job.
4. As far as Notre Dame is concerned, I can't see him taking a college position. Professional owners have huge egos and you can bet that more than one is watching him work with Mac and the success that Mac is having. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Raiders, Jags or Lions come calling. Even the Jets with Wilson struggling, might be looking to move on and bring in an offensive mind.

5. I think Josh is happy making $9M a year in NE and having 99% control of the offense.
Josh was hired by Denver in January 11, 2009 and fired December 6, 2010
John was hired as GM in January 5, 2011.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Marino in Miami, John has been pushing buttons well before taking a job.....
pushing buttons and executing drafts are NOT the same thing. Josh wasted that pick on Tebow, not Elway. I didn't see Elway hoisting him onto the bench after Josh won his Super Bowl (beat Pats) either. Josh spent enough time around BB that he thought he was BB, except he acted like all those other "smug, smarter than all" coaches.

That was 2010/2011 Josh. I trust he's not that guy anymore.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville supposedly has request to speak with Josh once the Patriots' season is over. Not 100% sure this is accurate.

If it is true and Josh takes the HC job at Jacksonville, a familiar face was supposedly seen at Foxboro during the Thanksgiving week and weekend:

William James O'Brien[1] (born October 23, 1969) is an American football coach who is currently the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the University of Alabama. O'Brien previously served as the head coach of the Houston Texans of the National Football League (NFL) from 2014 to 2020 and at Pennsylvania State University from 2012 to 2013. He also served as the general manager of the Texans in 2020.

O'Brien began his coaching career in 1993 at Brown University before spending more than a decade coaching in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). He joined the New England Patriots in 2007, where he eventually served as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator in 2011. In 2012, he was hired by Penn State to take over a program that had just endured the Penn State child sex abuse scandal. In his first season as head coach, he led the team to an 8–4 record and won ESPN's National Coach of the Year award. After the 2012 season, O'Brien garnered significant interest to return to the National Football League (NFL) as a head coach and interviewed with both the Philadelphia Eagles and the Cleveland Browns. O'Brien decided to stay at Penn State, citing that it would send a poor message to leave after just one season. After his second season, he left Penn State to become the head coach of the Texans.[2][3][4]

Not sure what this means unless BB plans to bring BO back to coach the QBs? or as possible replacement for Josh??

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville supposedly has request to speak with Josh once the Patriots' season is over. Not 100% sure this is accurate.

If it is true and Josh takes the HC job at Jacksonville, a familiar face was supposedly seen at Foxboro during the Thanksgiving week and weekend:

William James O'Brien[1] (born October 23, 1969) is an American football coach who is currently the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at the University of Alabama. O'Brien previously served as the head coach of the Houston Texans of the National Football League (NFL) from 2014 to 2020 and at Pennsylvania State University from 2012 to 2013. He also served as the general manager of the Texans in 2020.

O'Brien began his coaching career in 1993 at Brown University before spending more than a decade coaching in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). He joined the New England Patriots in 2007, where he eventually served as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator in 2011. In 2012, he was hired by Penn State to take over a program that had just endured the Penn State child sex abuse scandal. In his first season as head coach, he led the team to an 8–4 record and won ESPN's National Coach of the Year award. After the 2012 season, O'Brien garnered significant interest to return to the National Football League (NFL) as a head coach and interviewed with both the Philadelphia Eagles and the Cleveland Browns. O'Brien decided to stay at Penn State, citing that it would send a poor message to leave after just one season. After his second season, he left Penn State to become the head coach of the Texans.[2][3][4]

Not sure what this means unless BB plans to bring BO back to coach the QBs? or as possible replacement for Josh??
Bill B doing his due diligence.
Josh stays, all is good.
Josh goes...hey all is still good.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Josh goes to the mess that is Jacksonville?
Think again.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Josh goes to the mess that is Jacksonville?
Think again.

The Jags got Trevor Lawrence AND will likely have next years first pick again as well as the first pick in every round. Jacksonville is an ok town and the weather is nice. No income tax. An owner that seems willing to stay out of things and from anything I've seen of him seems like a decent guy. A bitchin stadium. In my opinion, Jacksonville has a ton of potential for the right coach.

Also, in my opinion the Jags should fight Meyer for the remaining money. They'll probably lose but it could be argued that Meyer was trying to get fired. What a fucking douche he seems to be.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five years and $75M guaranteed.

Hard to turn that kind of money down and stay another five years behind BB.

Jacksonville is giving the Texans fits today. Not saying much but if Josh gets ahold of Lawrence and gets him a couple of targets and a solid RB, the jags have a lot of pieces in place. JM's been around long enough to know who he can bring in and work things the way he'd like. It would probably be the best move he could make.

There will be extreme pressure for the owner to hire a minority coach.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five years and $75M guaranteed.

Hard to turn that kind of money down and stay another five years behind BB.

Jacksonville is giving the Texans fits today. Not saying much but if Josh gets ahold of Lawrence and gets him a couple of targets and a solid RB, the jags have a lot of pieces in place. JM's been around long enough to know who he can bring in and work things the way he'd like. It would probably be the best move he could make.

Josh is loyal and also knows the best road to any Super Bowl doesn't include New England... Most signs would point to an NFC team, but having Lawrence is certainly enticing.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh is loyal and also knows the best road to any Super Bowl doesn't include New England... Most signs would point to an NFC team, but having Lawrence is certainly enticing.

From the perspective of every other team, a road that includes playing New England won't lead to the Super Bowl. A team in the NFC won't ever face New England in the playoffs until the Super Bowl.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Already the talking heads are saying Byron Leftwich's name quite a bit but without TB12 what does that guy have as qualifications?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My $.02

2. Josh did not draft anyone on the Broncos, Elway did and threw Josh under the bus. <-------

An article- Tim Tebow will benefit from reunion with Josh McDaniels (bleacherreport 6/29/13)

Part of that article.

When McDaniels drafted Tebow with the 25th pick in the first round of the 2010 draft, many people called him crazy

There's no mention in that article about Elway drafting Tebow.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An article- Tim Tebow will benefit from reunion with Josh McDaniels (bleacherreport 6/29/13)

Part of that article.

When McDaniels drafted Tebow with the 25th pick in the first round of the 2010 draft, many people called him crazy

There's no mention in that article about Elway drafting Tebow.
That's because Josh was fired before Elway was hired...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Josh was fired before Elway was hired...

Good call, I forgot about that. But McD wasn't thrown under the bus by Elway. McD's coaching record speaks for itself, he wasn't that good of a HC. And wasting a 1st rounder on Touchdown Timmy was a bad idea.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call, I forgot about that. But McD wasn't thrown under the bus by Elway. McD's coaching record speaks for itself, he wasn't that good of a HC. And wasting a 1st rounder on Touchdown Timmy was a bad idea.
This is true about the past but give room for the possibility that Josh has done a lot of maturing since then...

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true about the past but give room for the possibility that Josh has done a lot of maturing since then...

I totally agree with this. Josh seemed a little arrogant his first time around with Denver but between that experience, plus the experience he got from Jeff Fisher teaching him how not to run a team, and all of his Patriots experience, I think Josh is probably the most head coach ready candidate of candidates currently being talked about.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with this. Josh seemed a little arrogant his first time around with Denver but between that experience, plus the experience he got from Jeff Fisher teaching him how not to run a team, and all of his Patriots experience, I think Josh is probably the most head coach ready candidate of candidates currently being talked about.
i betcha indy disagrees:suds: