• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Josh McDaniels Question

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Notre Dame came calling for the head coaching position, should he take it?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Notre Dame came calling for the head coaching position, should he take it?
A lot goes into that decision and I don't know enough about the guy to fully answer, but it would not be a bad move. When Charlie Weis took that job he was exposed, but if I recall, BB never completely bought into Weis (taking away play calling at least once).

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason for McDaniels failure in Denver was not his ability as a coach. It was his ego that did it. He dismantled a very successful offense because he wanted it to prove he could do it, and them botched every pick he got for it.

I think college with the built in roster turnover he would have to wait to make it his guys, and that might be good for him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot goes into that decision and I don't know enough about the guy to fully answer, but it would not be a bad move. When Charlie Weis took that job he was exposed, but if I recall, BB never completely bought into Weis (taking away play calling at least once).
I agree it would not be a bad move, and while I don't think it will happen it could be career progressive for him. I heard they are looking at the Cinncinnati and Iowa State coaches. If I were Josh and got the call I think I would give it a shot

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason for McDaniels failure in Denver was not his ability as a coach. It was his ego that did it. He dismantled a very successful offense because he wanted it to prove he could do it, and them botched every pick he got for it.

I think college with the built in roster turnover he would have to wait to make it his guys, and that might be good for him.
Perhaps, but part of me thinks his Denver stint was a learning curve. A few years at the college level could help him. I dunno it's all rhetorical anyway.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but part of me thinks his Denver stint was a learning curve. A few years at the college level could help him. I dunno it's all rhetorical anyway.
I fully believe when he gets his next shot as HC he will be successful, no matter what level it is at.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully believe when he gets his next shot as HC he will be successful, no matter what level it is at.
It would be nice I think he learned from Denver it would be interesting to see if he could recruit vs draft????

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of his Denver issue seems like a combination of being too young (immature?) and thinking he could wield his authority like BB. Skippy, you needed to earn the right to not be accountable to others by first proving you were accountable without the oversight.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something to be said for stability.
Josh has a good thing going for him here for Robert Kraft.
When Krafty dies? Could change everything.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why answer a question that will never be presented ?? I get it, but really is a stupid question.
So you popped in here to be a douche?

Gotcha Miss Massengale.

Look up the word Rhetorical and have a lovely day.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why answer a question that will never be presented ?? I get it, but really is a stupid question.
Just because you may think it's a question that won't be asked does not make it a dumb conversation. It's a conversation not a prediction.

What's dumb is thinking a question is a waste of time, then taking time to start a conversation about how it's a waste of time.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. He was probably too young and full of piss and vinegar with the Denver thing because his ego sure seemed a bit big for a first time HC and then he got his dick knocked into the dirt.

I think he's a great coach and will very likely be a very successful NFL HC someday, possibly even in NE.

But to answer the OP, no I do not think McDaniels should take the ND gig and should rather wait for a great NFL opportunity.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you may think it's a question that won't be asked does not make it a dumb conversation. It's a conversation not a prediction.

What's dumb is thinking a question is a waste of time, then taking time to start a conversation about how it's a waste of time.
I agree 100%, see we are talking now !!