• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.J. Jenkins

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After Boldin, flip a coin. Do you count 2005? :heh::puke:

You said that Jenkins doesn't belong on the roster. You must be able to name 5 WRs that do belong. Who are they? It can't be this "flip a coin" BS or else you can't say Jenkins doesn't belong.

Why would I count a Steelers SB win?

Or do we count 2013 for the Niners?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Am I overplaying the whole Jenkins against the world notion now? Or must I wait another preseason game before I can really say the 49er fanbase has decided AJ's a bust, as you know I'm really trying to build up this "I told you so", so its got to meet your standards.

Find the context, dumbass. Seahawk fan compared him to Druck and Woods. I don't know if you've noticed, but I tend to be a little sarcastic. Why do you think I would compare him to Curry?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This over the top self image you have is amusing.

My bad, I didn't mean it to say that I said I torched you, 99. I never looked at it like that. I do remember that NinerSickness said it was educating and not trolling.

I wanted to take the high road and shouldn't have even mentioned that birdy sent me a PM and reason I didn't a few weeks ago. I didn't want to cause any dissension among 9er brethren. That's not how I roll but I blew it when he was talking smack yesterday. I wanted to remind him of his whining.

Birdy didn't use the phrase "torch" either. It was inferred but no need to get into the specifics. He did PM me for some reason.

I only visit this site because of the quality info that Bingo puts into the training camp thread and NinerSickness knows his draft info real well. The AJ thread caught my attention, thus participation.

You have some good guys on here and specifically NS. We trade body blows on the Hawks board and he nor I take it personal. At the end of the day, we should all be here to talk ball and if I didn't learn anything from this forum, I wouldn't be here.

Let's just put this to rest if you're up for it. :suds:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that Jenkins doesn't belong on the roster. You must be able to name 5 WRs that do belong. Who are they? It can't be this "flip a coin" BS or else you can't say Jenkins doesn't belong.

Why would I count a Steelers SB win?

Or do we count 2013 for the Niners?

Then I can't say Jenkins doesn't belong but I only see Boldin as a real threat. O.K. it's a bit early to make any judgments. Let's give it another 3 pre-season games and see where the chips fall. I do believe your squad will pick up another WR. Not sure who, but I can't see ya'll going into the season with Boldin as your #1 option. If AJ could be gunner on ST's then he has value. As it stands, not sure where he fits in. Utilize his speed on ST if it can't be utilized at WR.

Find the context, dumbass. Seahawk fan compared him to Druck and Woods. I don't know if you've noticed, but I tend to be a little sarcastic. Why do you think I would compare him to Curry?

I'm also sarcastic. :puke: Regarding 2005...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Then I can't say Jenkins doesn't belong but I only see Boldin as a real threat. O.K. it's a bit early to make any judgments. Let's give it another 3 pre-season games and see where the chips fall. I do believe your squad will pick up another WR. Not sure who, but I can't see ya'll going into the season with Boldin as your #1 option. If AJ could be gunner on ST's then he has value. As it stands, not sure where he fits in. Utilize his speed on ST if it can't be utilized at WR.

I'm also sarcastic. :puke: Regarding 2005...

Who would we get at this point that would supplant Boldin as our #1?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey little birdy, who had to whine to me in a private message, had you shown any intelligence or had common sense, you'd have looked up the Tackle like I did in 3 minutes and known it happened in
1996, like I did.

Instead, you tossed it around like it was LAST year. So I ask you again, who gives a rats @$$ what
happened in 1996?

Stay on topic.

AJ Jenkins stinks and should not make it on the 2013 9er roster. Isn't that the real purpose of this
thread?

Yes, it is.... Spin it, divert it, do whatever you do, but look your stat up next time or don't even
bother bringing up something almost 20 years ago...

Wait, I get it now. You bring that up like you do the last 9er SB win... Got it...:clap:

Ok, I had to come back to this. A few things strike me from this post that I didn't really hit on yesterday.

First, you criticize Three for mentioning a person - in the context of a discussion about the worst draft picks of all time - "like it was last year," even though he did nothing at all to suggest it was a recent draft pick. You did so in a post that references a PM he sent you several months ago as if he PMed you in direct response to this thread. Irony much? Do you think before you type things? If not, can I at least suggest you do so before hitting "Submit Reply"?

Second, I think it's pretty clear that the Redskins' first round pick last year was not cut without playing a single snap. You seem to follow the draft closely. I'm not sure how that confused you so much, but please try to pay attention to these subtle little clues.

Third, as soon as someone called him on the existence of this Redskins player, he identified the player. He did so before you called BS on him, in fact. Again, I realize you were caught with your pants down on this one, but let's not deflect by acting unreasonably and lashing out at others. Just acknowledge that you rushed to judgment and were apparently wrong.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not to supplant Boldin as #1 but to compliment him, I'd give Randy Moss another call.

Complement. Anyone on the team can compliment Boldin.

But Osprey said he can't see us going into the season with Boldin as our #1. I don't see anyone out there who would beat out Boldin for our #1 spot. Though I expect Davis may lead the team in yards at least.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complement. Anyone on the team can compliment Boldin.

But Osprey said he can't see us going into the season with Boldin as our #1. I don't see anyone out there who would beat out Boldin for our #1 spot. Though I expect Davis may lead the team in yards at least.

True. I think a guy like Moss could at least clear some space for Boldin underneath though and be a deep threat. He's still a guy defenses need to pay attention to. None of the 49er receivers, other than Boldin, are. The receivers, other than Manningham, who we probably won't see this year, are pure shit.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I think a guy like Moss could at least clear some space for Boldin underneath though and be a deep threat. He's still a guy defenses need to pay attention to. None of the 49er receivers, other than Boldin, are. The receivers, other than Manningham, who we probably won't see this year, are pure shit.

I dont think he is any more. He hasn't been an effective deep threat since 09.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is a better deep threat on the 49er roster right now?

Just because you dont have a great deep threat now means that you should go out and get another ineffective deep threat. There will be better WRs on the waiver wire than what you will get from Moss at this point. I'd rather take my chances with Lockette.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you dont have a great deep threat now means that you should go out and get another ineffective deep threat. There will be better WRs on the waiver wire than what you will get from Moss at this point. I'd rather take my chances with Lockette.

Oh my god! LOL.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god! LOL.

Moss is just that old. At some point you lose it and he's lost it. I'd take my chances with a lot of young and unknown guys before bringing in a guy that has proven that he can no longer get it done.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have no interest in Moss. We've got to develop our guys at some point. Manningham and Boldin are FAs next year as it is. I think Williams might be, too. We need a couple guys we are developing. I share the concern over a lack of a deep threat - though Moore has been having some success deep in practice, and Manningham is a solid deep threat if he can get back. I just don't think Moss has much to offer over what we have at this point.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss is just that old. At some point you lose it and he's lost it. I'd take my chances with a lot of young and unknown guys before bringing in a guy that has proven that he can no longer get it done.

Fair enough.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no interest in Moss. We've got to develop our guys at some point. Manningham and Boldin are FAs next year as it is. I think Williams might be, too. We need a couple guys we are developing. I share the concern over a lack of a deep threat - though Moore has been having some success deep in practice, and Manningham is a solid deep threat if he can get back. I just don't think Moss has much to offer over what we have at this point.

He does have experience and know how, but you just can't tell if he will make the necessary effort.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if Moss was a 49er again this year. Who knows what happened, but it went from Harbaugh saying they wanted him back during media week at the Super Bowl to Moss now working at FOX.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, and it's not just a 49er problem, Jason La Canfora wrote a column about the lack of good receivers in the NFL. But in any event, we need to see if people can play, or at least play a season without getting hurt, including Williams, Jenkins, Manningham. Here's the column in case anyone is interested.

Notebook: Miller leaks irk union; where have the good WRs gone? - CBSSports.com

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I never liked AJ Jenkins from the start, but I think if there's any way he's going to be successful in the NFL he needs to add about 10-15 pounds worth of muscle. The dude is soft. If I were coaching him, I'd be having him run end zone fades all day with my nastiest, most desperate CB trying to make the team & some practice QB so he can at least learn to fight for the ball (in between blocking drills). The "no dog in him" comment is accurate IMO, and I'm not optimistic he's going to develop that mentality. But adding some muscle would be a start IMO.