• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.J. Jenkins

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ancient history. 1996. So there was 1 guy worse which is no rationale for keeping
AJ. If you have a roster spot to waste on that scrub, you better pray
because somewhere you'll lack depth. :pray:

Your WR and CB depth is :lame:

Cool, thanks for the input troll. Ha, typical troll, wrong about nobody being worse than AJ and since you're ignorant and stupid you call BS, get proven wrong and then deflect about it being ancient history.

Enjoy your trolling while it lasts.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dimitrius Underwood.

"After being drafted, he signed a five year, $5.3 million contract on August 1, 1999 but walked out of training camp the next day and never returned, saying he could not resolve the conflict between playing football and serving his Christian faith." Nice try though.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"After being drafted, he signed a five year, $5.3 million contract on August 1, 1999 but walked out of training camp the next day and never returned, saying he could not resolve the conflict between playing football and serving his Christian faith." Nice try though.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about guys that turned out to be worse picks than Jenkins. I figured a guy that was released by the team that drafted him before preseason started would qualify. He did play a preseason game for the Dolphins.

But I'm sure the Vikings don't consider him a bad pick because he was confused.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I thought we were talking about guys that turned out to be worse picks than Jenkins. I figured a guy that was released by the team that drafted him before preseason started would qualify. He did play a preseason game for the Dolphins.

It wasn't that he couldn't make the team like Jenkins; he didn't want to make the team....but then, you knew that.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read an article saying that Rice tweeted him "I'm getting in top shape to get you up that Hill." and AJ never took him up on the offer. When the greatest WR (and probably football player) of all time wants to work with you... you fucking do it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read an article saying that Rice tweeted him "I'm getting in top shape to get you up that Hill." and AJ never took him up on the offer. When the greatest WR (and probably football player) of all time wants to work with you... you fucking do it.

Jenkins really is a lazy bastard. If he is judicial in his spending, he has enough money to last him the rest of his life so he probably just doesn't give a shit.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, I don't know that a player who played and made stats but played horribly is any better than another player who didn't play. The difference can be just the coaches played a high draft pick hoping he develops even though the player practiced and played like shit, like Jamarcus Russell Dana Hall was another 49er first round pick who played like crap but the coaches kept playing him hoping he could turn things around. Todd Kelly was another crappy pick who the coaches played. He looked like crap but the coaches were hoping he could turn it around in time.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It wasn't that he couldn't make the team like Jenkins; he didn't want to make the team....but then, you knew that.

Jenkins made the team last year. The topic is worst first round picks. Find a Viking fan that thinks Underwood wasn't a horrible pick.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
Really? So Ryan Leaf is less of a bust than AJ Jenkins already because he completed a few passes? Using leaf as an example to compare to Jenkins you would also be comparing a 2nd overall pick with the 30th overall pick. Which is really pretty much incomparable in regards to expectations in my opinion.

Is someone really making the argument that some long ago bust who is now retired from football who has some stats after 6 years in the NFL is less of a bust than a guy with 1 year under his belt and no viable stats to show for it?

Thats silly.

Like Jamarcus or Kijana Carter were better picks because they played a little, LOL

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins made the team last year. The topic is worst first round picks. Find a Viking fan that thinks Underwood wasn't a horrible pick.

He made the practice squad.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only go by what he has done so far. Has there ever been a bigger first round bust in his first season then Jenkins? I don't think so. I challenge you to name another first rounder ever who was not injured but still could not crack the active roster on game day.

We just differ on whether a guy who doesn't play a lot his first year is an automatic bust. I don't think that makes him a bust.

Jim Drunkenmiller

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is debatable.... including whether or not you are an Arizona Cardinal fan troll showing unusual interest in telling 49er fans how terrible AJ Jenkins is. The difference is that you actually are a troll, trying to get a reaction, and AJ Jenkins isn't even remotely close to the biggest 1st round draft pick of all time (especially considering he was chosen 30th overall which him pretty close to a second round pick).

However, what is far less debatable is the all time greatest free agent bust. And that award goes to Kevin Kolb and his 6 year 65 million dollar contract without ever having done anything in his career.....

Stop deflecting.

I'm sorry Breaker, I never brought up Kevin Kolb, who was a horrible signing. You can start a thread on the Cardinals board, and I'd be very happy to agree with you if that is what you are looking for. So you might want to look up the definition of "deflecting" as that is what you just did. Just saying...

Back to Jenkins... I think the interesting thing with him, is while MANY first round draft choices have flopped... Have anybody ever seen one that quite simply can't prove good enough to even get a flier on the field ???

I love San Francisco's roster, but come on... it's not like he is playing behind the Smurfs, the Fun Bunch, the Marvin Harrison led Colts receiving corps of the 2000's, the Greatest Show on Turf WR's, the Cardinals WR crew with Warner at the helm etc.... He's not beating out guys like Kyle Williams, and doesn't have the injury issue that many "flops have had"

That is why I said it's debatable... I'm not saying he's the worst in history, and considering he isn't a financial burden, he's never going to be the complete disaster that Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell etc. were...

but it's just really rare in this day and age with advanced scouting... that a guy gets missed on that badly, that high.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, thanks for the input troll. Ha, typical troll, wrong about nobody being worse than AJ and since you're ignorant and stupid you call BS, get proven wrong and then deflect about it being ancient history.

Enjoy your trolling while it lasts.

Hey little birdy, who had to whine to me in a private message, had you shown any intelligence or had common sense, you'd have looked up the Tackle like I did in 3 minutes and known it happened in
1996, like I did.

Instead, you tossed it around like it was LAST year. So I ask you again, who gives a rats @$$ what
happened in 1996?

Stay on topic.

AJ Jenkins stinks and should not make it on the 2013 9er roster. Isn't that the real purpose of this
thread?

Yes, it is.... Spin it, divert it, do whatever you do, but look your stat up next time or don't even
bother bringing up something almost 20 years ago...

Wait, I get it now. You bring that up like you do the last 9er SB win... Got it...:clap:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why don't you clarify? So some guy back in 1996? Who gives a fuck about 1996? It read as if it was last year. Some supplemental selection.

Again, who cares what happened in 1996 to a Skins player?

Stick to the topic. AJ Jenkins Stinks and shouldn't be on your 2013. Focus birdy, focus.

You just got abused and now you're crying like a little girl, making bullshit excuses. If you're going to troll this board, try growing a pair.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey little birdy, who had to whine to me in a private message, had you shown any intelligence or had common sense, you'd have looked up the Tackle like I did in 3 minutes and known it happened in
1996, like I did.

Instead, you tossed it around like it was LAST year. So I ask you again, who gives a rats @$$ what
happened in 1996?

Stay on topic.

AJ Jenkins stinks and should not make it on the 2013 9er roster. Isn't that the real purpose of this
thread?

Yes, it is.... Spin it, divert it, do whatever you do, but look your stat up next time or don't even
bother bringing up something almost 20 years ago...

Wait, I get it now. You bring that up like you do the last 9er SB win... Got it...:clap:

So which WRs do belong on the week 1 roster?

Are you going to resort to bringing up the last Seahawks SB win?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which WRs do belong on the week 1 roster?

Are you going to resort to bringing up the last Seahawks SB win?

He won't have an answer for either question. He may come up with some gay jokes though, he does that on the Seahawks board. It's like a hip version of trash talking.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a good 100+ worse draft bust picks over the NFL draft history than AJ Jenkins because the guy was the 30th selection in the draft. Big deal.

There are 2 questions.

1. Why did Baalke believe a WR that had 4th rd written all over him and 10 WR's ranked higher over an avg board would be worth a 1st rd selection?

2. Why would Baalke keep AJ on the 2013 roster?

Terrance Flaghler is running close to AJ.
Rashaun Woods is right there :kiss: AJ
Jim Drunkenmiller, another AJ clone

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There have been a good 100+ worse draft bust picks over the NFL draft history than AJ Jenkins because the guy was the 30th selection in the draft. Big deal.

There are 2 questions.

1. Why did Baalke believe a WR that had 4th rd written all over him and 10 WR's ranked higher over an avg board would be worth a 1st rd selection?

2. Why would Baalke keep AJ on the 2013 roster?

Terrance Flaghler is running close to AJ.
Rashaun Woods is right there :kiss: AJ
Jim Drunkenmiller, another AJ clone

There are 2 questions, you're right about that:

1. What WRs belong on the Niners' roster for week 1.

2. How far ahead of AJ Jenkins is Aaron Curry in the bust race?