• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.J. Jenkins

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jenkins is indeed cut...

Would be he in discussion for worst first round draft pick of all time ?

I think it would have to be debated, because of the fact that he drafted, never contributed at all without anything like injuries, holdouts (Bo Jackson) etc...

This would have been a guy that never was able even able to MAKE the team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it would have to be debated, because of the fact that he drafted, never contributed at all without anything like injuries, holdouts (Bo Jackson) etc...

There are others worse. The 49ers drafted a wide reveiver named Rashaun Woods in the first round back in 2004. He caught a few passes for the 49ers but was really no better.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are others worse. The 49ers drafted a wide reveiver named Rashaun Woods in the first round back in 2004. He caught a few passes for the 49ers but was really no better.

the problem with woods was injuries. he looked good when he was on the field, which was rare.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with woods was injuries. he looked good when he was on the field, which was rare.

Actually I heard he didn't care about playing football. Someone stated he was more interested in going fishing than in playing football.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anything is debatable.... including whether or not you are an Arizona Cardinal fan troll showing unusual interest in telling 49er fans how terrible AJ Jenkins is. The difference is that you actually are a troll, trying to get a reaction, and AJ Jenkins isn't even remotely close to the biggest 1st round draft pick of all time (especially considering he was chosen 30th overall which him pretty close to a second round pick).

However, what is far less debatable is the all time greatest free agent bust. And that award goes to Kevin Kolb and his 6 year 65 million dollar contract without ever having done anything in his career.....

Stop deflecting.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those guys on the list were far more productive than Jenkins. Jenkins cannot even make the game day roster.

Really? So Ryan Leaf is less of a bust than AJ Jenkins already because he completed a few passes? Using leaf as an example to compare to Jenkins you would also be comparing a 2nd overall pick with the 30th overall pick. Which is really pretty much incomparable in regards to expectations in my opinion.

Is someone really making the argument that some long ago bust who is now retired from football who has some stats after 6 years in the NFL is less of a bust than a guy with 1 year under his belt and no viable stats to show for it?

Thats silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is debatable.... including whether or not you are an Arizona Cardinal fan troll showing unusual interest in telling 49er fans how terrible AJ Jenkins is. The difference is that you actually are a troll, trying to get a reaction, and AJ Jenkins isn't even remotely close to the biggest 1st round draft pick of all time (especially considering he was chosen 30th overall which him pretty close to a second round pick).

However, what is far less debatable is the all time greatest free agent bust. And that award goes to Kevin Kolb and his 6 year 65 million dollar contract without ever having done anything in his career.....

Stop deflecting.

I'm not so sure. I've been watching football for a long, long time and I never remember seeing a first round pick who could not even make the game day roster. That's unheard of; especially when two of your receivers went down for the season.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is tough... I think I would still hold Woods as a worse pick than AJ(if continues on forecasted path)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So Ryan Leaf is less of a bust than AJ Jenkins already because he completed a few passes? Using leaf as an example to compare to Jenkins you would also be comparing a 2nd overall pick with the 30th overall pick. Which is really pretty much incomparable in regards to expectations in my opinion.

Is someone really making the argument that some long ago bust who is now retired from football who has some stats after 6 years in the NFL is less of a bust than a guy with 1 year under his belt and no viable stats to show for it?

Thats silly.

You can only go by what he has done so far. Has there ever been a bigger first round bust in his first season then Jenkins? I don't think so. I challenge you to name another first rounder ever who was not injured but still could not crack the active roster on game day.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure. I've been watching football for a long, long time and I never remember seeing a first round pick who could not even make the game day roster. That's unheard of; especially when two of your receivers went down for the season.

Would you ever consider the idea of not making shit up to fit your agenda?

he played in 3 games last year, so he obviously made the game day roster.

Although there is a guy who was drafted by the Redskins in the first round who actually did not play a single snap for them.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a "project" WR, you simply don't draft them in the first round. It doesn't matter that the pick was low... he was a 3rd round at best talent, that they clearly reached for. Any team taking him above that round was reaching.

It's not a trolling post. I'm sure you can realize that. I never liked the pick of A.J. Jenkins for the 49'ers and he clearly has proven that he didn't belong drafted in the top 32 players of that draft.

Jenkins had an average rating of many draft sites as a 4th round talent and there were 10 other
WR's with a higher grade. It seems that the masses in this case knew far more than Baalke did.

If AJ had been a 4th rd selection, he'd be axed and heading to the arena league. To have him in a
discussion of making a "potential" world championship ship squad is embarrassing. Don't you think?

With the lack of depth at WR and CB, I just don't see how 9er fans can be so confident.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although there is a guy who was drafted by the Redskins in the first round who actually did not play a single snap for them.

Excuse me, three whole games on a team that was decimated at wide receiver. he missed at least the first 11 or 12 games. As for the guy on the Redskins, either he was injured or you made it up.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me, three whole games on a team that was decimated at wide receiver. he missed at least the first 11 or 12 games. As for the guy on the Redskins, either he was injured or you made it up.

Andre Johnson (offensive lineman) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no idea if he was injured. I don't believe he was, but I can't say for sure.

After seeing a run on offensive tackles in the first round, Casserly made a deal with the Devil sending the team's second- and third-round picks to the Dallas Cowboys for the 30th overall selection. Washington selected the 6'5", 300-plus pound Penn State grad Andre Johnson.

The organization knew that Johnson was a bust by the end of training camp and the tackle never played a regular season down in Washington. Cut after his rookie year, Johnson would end up playing in three games total in his NFL career.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1140725-5-biggest-draft-mistakes-in-washington-redskins-history/page/2

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:bullshit::bullshit::bullshit::bullshit: :bullshit::bullshit:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you feel like a dumb fuck now? Huh dumbass troll

Actually I'm sure you don't, like most trolls you aren't concerned about being right or wrong.

Why don't you clarify? So some guy back in 1996? Who gives a fuck about 1996? It read as if it was last year. Some supplemental selection.

Again, who cares what happened in 1996 to a Skins player?

Stick to the topic. AJ Jenkins Stinks and shouldn't be on your 2013. Focus birdy, focus.