• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A "final" areana deal?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
damn you would think the city of newark would be happy to have a professional sports team willing to call newark home! glad its settled even though i thought it was settled a year ago?

i do hope that they do something with that parking lot out front of the building. they make it a point to have these big glass windows looking out of the arena and on one side you have a brick building and the other side it looks right out into a parking lot of cars.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think things would be much different had the economy not tanked. A year or so later and this arena doesn't even get built. I think the whole plan was to rebuild the area around the arena, with real estate and the economy being the way they are that's not happening. If you go a block or 2 from the arena it's an absolute shit show.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could take that building outta Newark and put it in either Jersey City or Hoboken.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nasty and irish 100% agree.

You go one to the other side opposite of the entrances and my lord its a different world. It really makes me wonder if they won the ciup last year where would they have held the parade?

I wish they just put the building In the meadowlands. We live in nj its a commuter state. I know some fans take the train hell I could take the train but a good amount of fans in the burbs the train doesnt go to Penn station. I jump on 280 and I'm there in 15. Train 45 not to mention i have to worry if overtime.

Should've stayed in the meadowlands they built a rail connection out there. But like you said another year or two and no arena and probably be under the scope to move. So I'm fine a new arena anywhere

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the arena was put in hoboken wow imagine a parade down there? With all the bars it would be a madhouse.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the arena was put in hoboken wow imagine a parade down there? With all the bars it would be a madhouse.

Yeah that would be insane lol.

Im a Hoboken resident and if the arena was here Id guess the tickets would be a little more expensive but I dont think it would've taken 5 years and a great playoff run to get consistent sellouts. The Rock is a great building but was really missing that energy the first couple seasons.

And as easy as Newark is to get to , Hoboken is 100x's easier. And has a little better rep then Newark does.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
boken has a tremendously better rep then newark does. i completely agree that it would've been sellouts from day 1. hoboken is a young city and has a nightlife already tied to it. if the devils really tried to make the rock a msg west destination then they should've done it in hoboken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing it was McMullen's wish to put the arena here..no idea what got turned with those discussions.

I guess there was just more open space in Newark.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing it was McMullen's wish to put the arena here..no idea what got turned with those discussions.

I guess there was just more open space in Newark.

I imagine the cost of building the arena is way cheaper in Newark as well. Hoboken real estate is a pretty hot commodity. Newark probably cost a fraction of the price. I coud be way off on that however.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine the cost of building the arena is way cheaper in Newark as well. Hoboken real estate is a pretty hot commodity. Newark probably cost a fraction of the price. I coud be way off on that however.

Thats a good point..no idea what the final numbers would be but most apartments/houses in the nice part of Newark are cheaper then ones in the average parts of Hoboken.

Go back 10 years to when the plans for the Rock were just getting started and Newark was even cheaper. So you're pretty spot on with your statement.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Chambers was the driving force behind the move to Newark, not Dr. McMullen

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just dont think Newark made any sense. I've been to like 50 games there and just go and leave. outside of the money does Newark benefit from the arena being there?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And to my original question. where do you think they wouldve held the parade?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Definitely too late now, but Hoboken would have been a cool place for the arena. I don't go there as much now as I did when I was closer to 21, but definitely had some good times in that city.

I have no idea where they would host the parade in Newark if the team won the cup. Probably block off the area around the Prudential center I guess.
I don't think they would close 21 and have people march there.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Your right rp probably start maybe at njpac and drive that rode that leads to the one entrance and hold a rally at champions plaza. Don't know how many fans will show. didnt they have rhe 03 parade like at 1pm on a sat afternoon in June in a parking lot? Not too smart

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just dont think Newark made any sense. I've been to like 50 games there and just go and leave. outside of the money does Newark benefit from the arena being there?

Outside of money what benefit could ther be?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I mean i dont see tons of new businesses opening up except for some bars and stuff