• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A "final" areana deal?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean i dont see tons of new businesses opening up except for some bars and stuff

Again I think the economy tanking has a lot to do with that. I believe they had grand plans and visions of a completely revamped downtown area, with more restaurants and bars and then the economy took a nosedive and killed that idea.

Like a buddy said to me recently though, in say 15 years when it's no longer state of the art, if the Devils have a mediocre season or 2, who in their right mind is going down there for games?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
NM is right. When they were building in Newark, they were hoping it would revive the entire city. Economy went downhill, and it didnt work out as they expected.

Also, not to get political, but its not exactly easy right now for smaller business to thrive, especially in a city like Newark and its taxes and of course the economy.

Remember the whole mortgage mess? I work in tech and in mortgage industry. That whole missing payments from Beek was just a ploy to get better mtg payments. I was never worried that much. It went to all the newspapers and made headlines. Beek knew all along what he was doing.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the limelight is kinda wearing off a bit imo. is the rock nice? yeah def...it blows CAA out of the water. i've been to a few other buildings....philly/wash/boston and they all are better then prudential imo...just talking strictly from inside.

remember when they were building in newark they had the triangle park in the intro video?

also with rp i agree beek didnt make his money in lehman and getting out before the crash by being stupid.