• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few thoughts on the game

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things remaining the same the only level we can meet the Hawks is in the NFC Championship Game at Candlestick, and Seattle will have to beat both Washington & Atlanta (on the road) to get there with us.

Our road to the NFC Championship game (AT Equal) would begin with Minny at the stick (Memories of 1987 still haunting me) then onto GB in the tundra. Not entirely impossible.

I think playing GB in the tundra favors the 49ers since GB cannot run the ball.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would agree with that. If we can make GB one dimensional then I believe we can beat them. But if we can't stop the run (aka Justin Smith is out) then it will be a long day for us.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So long as we run the damn ball. No trying to totally outsmart your opponent, just use both when reasonable or surprising. :rant:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think the reason they are saying its meaningless is that if the 49ers win, the Seahawks can only be the 5th or 6th seed. So it doesn't matter to them since neither the 5th or 6th seed can play at home. I think their first round opponent is pretty much decided as well as I don't think they can play the 49ers in the first round since they are from the same division.

This is what I meant.

Not that it's a meaningless game for Seattle just the outcome of that game is meaningless to us since we'll be the 3rd seed as long as we win.

The game that means far more to us is the Vikings Packers game because if we win and Packers lose we're back to having the 1st round bye. Not to mention it's a very losable game for the Packers since they are going into Minnesota against what should be an extremely motivated Vikings team and fans. To a much lesser extent this is Packer's "Seattle" game this Sunday.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I meant.

Not that it's a meaningless game for Seattle just the outcome of that game is meaningless to us since we'll be the 3rd seed as long as we win.

The game that means far more to us is the Vikings Packers game because if we win and Packers lose we're back to having the 1st round bye. Not to mention it's a very losable game for the Packers since they are going into Minnesota against what should be an extremely motivated Vikings team and fans. To a much lesser extent this is Packer's "Seattle" game this Sunday.

Boy, I certainly hope that is true

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The only team that would have me nervous on the road is @Seattle since the crowd noise is just such an enormous factor.

We're built like a cold weather team so I don't think going to Green Bay would be much of a disadvantage outside of the typical road team disadvantage. Also we've somehow played the Packers a lot at Lambeau the past few years so I think the team is somewhat used to it. The Falcons don't scare me at Atlanta as they seem exactly like us in that they don't really play much better at home then on the road.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Boy, I certainly hope that is true

In the Rodger's era the Packers are only 2-2 at Minnesota with only 2010 being the only complete blowout. The other 3 games have been relatively close.

Don't get me wrong the Packers should win but the Vikings are that odd giant slayer team with wins against us and the Texans. And if a playoff spot on the line along with a chance to jam a hated rival isn't enough motivation for the fans and team then I don't know what will.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny is going to beat Green Bay this weekend so all we have to do is show up to play and beat the Cards for the 2nd seed. I do want to point out how crappy that tie to the Rams was though. If not for that we could lock up the 2nd seed regardless of what Green Bay does since we hold the tie breaker. It sucks to even think that we could lose out on the 1st round bye over half a game to a team we beat. =\ That's what we get for not showing up to play against the Rams twice though.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Rodger's era the Packers are only 2-2 at Minnesota with only 2010 being the only complete blowout. The other 3 games have been relatively close.

Don't get me wrong the Packers should win but the Vikings are that odd giant slayer team with wins against us and the Texans. And if a playoff spot on the line along with a chance to jam a hated rival isn't enough motivation for the fans and team then I don't know what will.

The nice thing is that Minny will have to bring-it for 60 minutes. Their "lose-and-get-in" scenario is highly unlikely (Dallas, NYG & Chicago all would have to lose as well in order for a losing Vikings team to still get in the playoffs and the Was/Dal game is a late start).

I expect GB to win but not without a fight from Minnesota - and, who knows - stranger things have happened.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny is going to beat Green Bay this weekend so all we have to do is show up to play and beat the Cards for the 2nd seed. I do want to point out how crappy that tie to the Rams was though. If not for that we could lock up the 2nd seed regardless of what Green Bay does since we hold the tie breaker. It sucks to even think that we could lose out on the 1st round bye over half a game to a team we beat. =\ That's what we get for not showing up to play against the Rams twice though.

Or from the glass is half-full perspective - that tie prevented Seattle from taking over the NFC West last Sunday night.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team that would have me nervous on the road is @Seattle since the crowd noise is just such an enormous factor.

We're built like a cold weather team so I don't think going to Green Bay would be much of a disadvantage outside of the typical road team disadvantage. Also we've somehow played the Packers a lot at Lambeau the past few years so I think the team is somewhat used to it. The Falcons don't scare me at Atlanta as they seem exactly like us in that they don't really play much better at home then on the road.

I know we've gameplanned for them a lot over the offseason and the several times we've played them the players got to be more familiar with the Packers, but have we played them in the cold? It seems in recent memory, all our games are in Lambeau, but in good weather.