• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few thoughts on the game

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind bringing back mornhinweg. I think our offense would be a lot better with better play calling. Yesterday was good playoff exp for kap

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really that discouraged by this loss. The 49ers play in a real division with teams that their goal is to win the NFC West or beat the 49ers (since they've been the leader recently) as many times as possible if they can't win it. The way Seattle has played SF the last two seasons they were due a win.

This isn't the NFC North where Cutler, Suckford, and Ponder gift the division leader 14 points off pick 6's and fumble 6's each game so the Packers can cruise into the playoffs and to a bye. This is the NFC West where the Seahawks and Cardinals hate the 49ers and turn every game into a brawl... and the Rams are joining the fray by turning their divisional games into brawls too. Don't forget that if the Rams beat Seattle next week they will have gone 5-0-1 in the NFC West.

So don't get discouraged, this is a real division, a division of fighters. Even last year the 49ers barely came out of the West with a winning record.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I saw, the team did look a little tired! We need to win this next game and I think Arizona will be in trouble!! We need to get Aldon, Vernon, Frank, and STs to get going! It looked like a physical game and I look forward to a rematch! Go 49ers!! NFC West and then Super Bowl!!

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I saw, the team did look a little tired! We need to win this next game and I think Arizona will be in trouble!! We need to get Aldon, Vernon, Frank, and STs to get going! It looked like a physical game and I look forward to a rematch! Go 49ers!! NFC West and then Super Bowl!!

I finally have the patience to add my opinion. This team is EASILY intimidated, VIkes did it and Seattle will always do that cause it works-heck the Lambs did it too....When I saw the look on Rogers face I knew we were done right from the beginning. If we don't or cannot hit teams in the mouth we are doomed to loose games like this. I hope we learnt from it, the play call ( why the calls didn't come in faster), defense, o-line, d-line, the entire f'ing team played like sh1t......

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not really that discouraged by this loss. The 49ers play in a real division with teams that their goal is to win the NFC West or beat the 49ers (since they've been the leader recently) as many times as possible if they can't win it. The way Seattle has played SF the last two seasons they were due a win.

This isn't the NFC North where Cutler, Suckford, and Ponder gift the division leader 14 points off pick 6's and fumble 6's each game so the Packers can cruise into the playoffs and to a bye. This is the NFC West where the Seahawks and Cardinals hate the 49ers and turn every game into a brawl... and the Rams are joining the fray by turning their divisional games into brawls too. Don't forget that if the Rams beat Seattle next week they will have gone 5-0-1 in the NFC West.

So don't get discouraged, this is a real division, a division of fighters. Even last year the 49ers barely came out of the West with a winning record.

yeah, my opinion is close to this.

if we beat Arizona, then we finish 11-4-1. most of you predicted 11-5 (i thought 10-6), so that would be right near your expectations.

granted, we didn't think the West teams would be so tough, but we expected to be the hunted. just move on to the next game and hopefully win it.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, my opinion is close to this.

if we beat Arizona, then we finish 11-4-1. most of you predicted 11-5 (i thought 10-6), so that would be right near your expectations.

granted, we didn't think the West teams would be so tough, but we expected to be the hunted. just move on to the next game and hopefully win it.

"WE" Deep? "WE"? LOL!! You don't speak for me Deep. I predicted the West would be tough and thought the NFC West would have its first WC team since 2004.

I think what you meant is that YOU didn't think the NFC West would be tough.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally have the patience to add my opinion. This team is EASILY intimidated, VIkes did it and Seattle will always do that cause it works-heck the Lambs did it too....When I saw the look on Rogers face I knew we were done right from the beginning. If we don't or cannot hit teams in the mouth we are doomed to lose games like this. I hope we learnt from it, the play call ( why the calls didn't come in faster), defense, o-line, d-line, the entire f'ing team played like sh1t......

At least with regard to Sunday's game, I have to agree. Seattle just beat the shit out of us and our tail was tucked early.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know what they were thinking when they made our schedule this year. The entire thing seemed heavily stacked against us all season. @New England followed by @Seattle the very next week. It was not just any game @Seattle either. It was one of the most important games of the season since it came in week 16. Oh and not to mention our first game against Seattle on a Thursday night after the Sunday game against the Giants. We also had to start our season @Green Bay and go through another back to back road games on the East Coast (@Minnesota, @New York). We also end our season with 4 our of the last 6 games on the road. As if having to play a harder schedule due to winning the division were not enough.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question of which team is the best in the division was answered resoundingly by the Seahawks Sunday night. The remaining question is which team is the second best in the division right now. A case can certainly be made for the Rams.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know what they were thinking when they made our schedule this year. The entire thing seemed heavily stacked against us all season. @New England followed by @Seattle the very next week. It was not just any game @Seattle either. It was one of the most important games of the season since it came in week 16. Oh and not to mention our first game against Seattle on a Thursday night after the Sunday game against the Giants. We also had to start our season @Green Bay and go through another back to back road games on the East Coast (@Minnesota, @New York). We also end our season with 4 our of the last 6 games on the road. As if having to play a harder schedule due to winning the division were not enough.

Ahh wtf! C'mon now - griping about the schedule??? Let's not go there. No wonder we get called the forty-whiners. The schedule had nothing to do with any outcome.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question of which team is the best in the division was answered resoundingly by the Seahawks Sunday night. The remaining question is which team is the second best in the division right now. A case can certainly be made for the Rams.

Hard to argue with any of that. We won just one game against those two teams and that was by 7 with an offense that scored only 13 - not good!

I can see splitting with Seattle - but not sweeping let alone not beating StL??? That is just pathetic. We need to figure that shit out or we will quickly become left behind as this division continues to get stronger.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Rams games were just two of the oddest games in recent memory. The first one we should've won it a couple times and we should've lost it a couple times at the same time. The second one we should've won but somehow managed to lose only giving up a total of 6 points on defense.

In the grand scheme of things I'm not worried about the direction of the team. I believe we are heading in the right direction and we have the right people in the right places so it will come together.

Our recent success I think has overshadowed the fact that this team is actually still a work in progress especially on the offensive side of the ball. Harbaugh and Baalke are still putting their stamp on the team and building it up.

And you just have to tip your cap to the rest of the teams in the division. The NFC West has become the new black and blue division and we'll probably have epic Steelers vs Ravens battles over the division with Seattle for years to come and you might be able to throw the Rams and Cardinals in that mix as well as they probably won't wind up incompetent like the Browns and the couple seasons ago Bengals.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams games were just two of the oddest games in recent memory. The first one we should've won it a couple times and we should've lost it a couple times at the same time. The second one we should've won but somehow managed to lose only giving up a total of 6 points on defense.

In the grand scheme of things I'm not worried about the direction of the team. I believe we are heading in the right direction and we have the right people in the right places so it will come together.

Our recent success I think has overshadowed the fact that this team is actually still a work in progress especially on the offensive side of the ball. Harbaugh and Baalke are still putting their stamp on the team and building it up.

And you just have to tip your cap to the rest of the teams in the division. The NFC West has become the new black and blue division and we'll probably have epic Steelers vs Ravens battles over the division with Seattle for years to come and you might be able to throw the Rams and Cardinals in that mix as well as they probably won't wind up incompetent like the Browns and the couple seasons ago Bengals.

That comment is accurate for "only" the offensive side of the ball - the defense arrived last year. Other than that I agree that we are looking at several seasons of beating each other up and ~.500 divisional records.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree with the gist of your post. this team wasn't good two years ago, but last year raised our expectations SKY HIGH! so now when we lose (or tie...gulp), we almost feel 'cheated'?

yep, the West isn't so bad anymore, and since the Rams have those extra high picks, they'll be even better next year.

for us the key remains the same.....good drafting. but now Baalke has to do it from the bottom of each round. at least for the next draft, he has a lot of picks to work with.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That comment is accurate for "only" the offensive side of the ball - the defense arrived last year. Other than that I agree that we are looking at several seasons of beating each other up and ~.500 divisional records.

yes, the defense arrived last season.

since we're more concerned going forward, it can change quite a bit in 2014? as Justin Smith reiterated, it is built for now. it is hard to keep a solid team together, so 2014 could be a big shift.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the defense arrived last season.

since we're more concerned going forward, it can change quite a bit in 2014? as Justin Smith reiterated, it is built for now. it is hard to keep a solid team together, so 2014 could be a big shift.

Of course the defense will change. That is not the concern. The concern is creating a teeter-totter effect in the future between offense and defense.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Rams out of the playoff picture, are they going to put much effort into winning the Seattle game?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Rams out of the playoff picture, are they going to put much effort into winning the Seattle game?

No. The Rams are playing for stats and/or contract incentives and nothing else; even the draft difference between 8.5-7.5 or 7.5-8.5 is nominal. And since we and they are playing at the same time - I expect Seattle to win big.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue with any of that. We won just one game against those two teams and that was by 7 with an offense that scored only 13 - not good!

I can see splitting with Seattle - but not sweeping let alone not beating StL??? That is just pathetic. We need to figure that shit out or we will quickly become left behind as this division continues to get stronger.

As beat up physically as the team is and with the confidence-shattering beatdown they took from Seattle I would not be completly surprised if they lost to Arizona on Sunday. I don't see where they are going to get any offense.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As beat up physically as the team is and with the confidence-shattering beatdown they took from Seattle I would not be completly surprised if they lost to Arizona on Sunday. I don't see where they are going to get any offense.

I think we will beat Arizona and win our first playoff game - beyond that all bets are on the other guys.