• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Duck Could be at the helm for the Rams

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first OT at 13 that would be something. The Eagles will come up and get him before 10. maybe at 5 in front of the jets. the Skins need picks since they gave them all to us. :dhd:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him. Look at the looooooooooooooooong laundry list of Heisman trophy winners that have flopped in the NFL. Not only at the QB position either.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait there are dudes that weren't QB's that won the Heisman?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him. Look at the looooooooooooooooong laundry list of Heisman trophy winners that have flopped in the NFL. Not only at the QB position either.
I know the Rams have one of those flops already....If the Rams are insisting on going with Sam I think M&M would be a great pick up. The Rams aren't going to the SB next season so get this kid and teach him the way of the NFL. He has heart. I'm tellen ya he's a winner! :2cents:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think its cursed? Cam Newton seems really good and the only reason Andrew Luck isnt a Heisman winner is because others just barely edged him out twice. Suh should've won it in 2009 but he was on the wrong team. 2005 had Reggie Bush and he had an ok NFL career. Adrian Peterson finished 2nd in 2004.

I don't think the Heisman is a positive or a negative.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the Heisman, it's the style of QBs that won the Heisman. That dual threat (often leaning too far to the run side) QB that is only going to be successful in college will never make a good, long term pro QB.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the Heisman, it's the style of QBs that won the Heisman. That dual threat (often leaning too far to the run side) QB that is only going to be successful in college will never make a good, long term pro QB.

In the past 10 years or so a lot of colleges have been passing the ball more. The year Sammie won two other QB's in his conference finished 2nd and 4th in the Heisman voting, maybe the pass defense wasn't that good in that conference. As you said alot of these guys are system QB' s and that doesn't work in the NFL. Other guys have just played on really good college teams, guys like Tebow, Manzeil, while very good, they have played on good teams and gotten a lot of hype.

I keep saying to a certain someone (Coug) the Heisman means you are supposedly the best college player that year, doesnt mean squat in the NFL!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past 10 years or so a lot of colleges have been passing the ball more. The year Sammie won two other QB's in his conference finished 2nd and 4th in the Heisman voting, maybe the pass defense wasn't that good in that conference. As you said alot of these guys are system QB' s and that doesn't work in the NFL. Other guys have just played on really good college teams, guys like Tebow, Manzeil, while very good, they have played on good teams and gotten a lot of hype.

I keep saying to a certain someone (Coug) the Heisman means you are supposedly the best college player that year, doesnt mean squat in the NFL!

It's simply a different game. It has come closer to the NFL with the passing game coming to the forefront, but it's coming with spread offenses that limit a QB's growth in that they aren't required to progress beyond the 1st read very often (or take a direct snap).

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simply a different game. It has come closer to the NFL with the passing game coming to the forefront, but it's coming with spread offenses that limit a QB's growth in that they aren't required to progress beyond the 1st read very often (or take a direct snap).

Pretty much, and there ya go!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And when did I say it meant squat. I only brought it up because you said his college career was so so.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when did I say it meant squat. I only brought it up because you said his college career was so so.

No you constantly bring it up like it's the end all, be all. You also always say that everyone thought he was the best QB that year and that everybody wanted him,

If "everyone" thought he was the best how come out of like 900 votes, he got 300 , that means their were 600 Heisman voters that "didn't" think he was the best player that year? Ok let's hear your spin on that?

Please go back over my posts, I've constantly said he had a good freshman year and a great sophomore year,period, I never ever said he had a so so college career! I just try to temper your statements about how "great" his career was saying that you basing his greatness on one great SOPHOMORE year, lots of guys have one great year, doesn't mean anything other than they had one great year!

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you constantly bring it up like it's the end all, be all. You also always say that everyone thought he was the best QB that year and that everybody wanted him,
If "everyone" thought he was the best how come out of like 900 votes, he got 300 , that means their were 600 Heisman voters that "didn't" think he was the best player that year? Ok let's hear your spin on that?

Bradford was the unanimous Best quarterback that year. Not even close. Coming out of college there hasn't been too many quarterbacks with a better grade than him? There is no team that needed a quarterback that year that wouldnt have taken him number one. As far as the votes go I have no idea. but Tebow was drafted that year so I'm sure he had a few votes. Maybe you heard of him? maybe the best college player ever?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford was the unanimous Best quarterback that year. Not even close. Coming out of college there hasn't been too many quarterbacks with a better grade than him? There is no team that needed a quarterback that year that wouldnt have taken him number one. As far as the votes go I have no idea. but Tebow was drafted that year so I'm sure he had a few votes. Maybe you heard of him? maybe the best college player ever?

Bradford did have injury concerns, so I don't know that everyone felt that way about him. Talent-wise, he was the top QB in the draft

I was all for Suh with that pick though, nothing against Bradford (much like I wanted Watkins or Mack over Robinson). Not taking Bradford would've changed a lot of things though. There were no other worthy QB options that draft, so they likely would've been looking QB again in the following drafts.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I was in the draft Suh camp, still love that guy.

As far as the Heisman goes, it's a college award. It doesn't have anything to do with the NFL. Tajh Boyd put up stupid college numbers but he's not even on a NFL team right now. I don't care about college stats when talking about the draft, maybe a guy won the Heisman or position awards but those mean nothing, they have nothing to do with the NFL.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gee, Tebow" got a few votes"(lol) he got more first place votes than Sammie, yet Sammie was the "unanimous Best QB" that year. Are you living in the bizarro world?, that contradicts what you are saying? Colt McCoy only got 34 less first place votes than Sammie and he isn't that good!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford did have injury concerns, so I don't know that everyone felt that way about him. Talent-wise, he was the top QB in the draft

I was all for Suh with that pick though, nothing against Bradford (much like I wanted Watkins or Mack over Robinson). Not taking Bradford would've changed a lot of things though. There were no other worthy QB options that draft, so they likely would've been looking QB again in the following drafts.

Don't question the Coug, he has inside information and yes EVERYONE wanted Sammie!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On MM though, I just can't imagine him being available at 10.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't question the Coug, he has inside information and yes EVERYONE wanted Sammie!

CouG, I agree with Shop, he was the most talented QB coming out that year, but no good business man wouldn't have questions about a guy coming off of an injury and NOT PLAYING FOR TWO FLIPPING YEARS. Unlike yourself, I don't know for sure, but I would think there were teams that wouldn't have thrown that kind of money at Sammie with those kind of ?'s

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had injury concerns but he was cleared by the dr.'s and had a great pro day so i really don't think NFL teams were to worried about that. and that injury has never been an issue. Here is my point…. A lot of people wanted Suh. He was the best player and the safest pick in the draft hands down. BUT if you are an NFL GM and you need a QB and your picking 1st and a guy like Bradford is there they won't and can't take a chance on passing on a Franchise QB. why? because it is by far the most important position on the field. the QB effects the outcome of the games more then any position. This year will be no different and will prove my point once again. Williams the DT is the Best player and safest pick in this draft. Plug him in for the next ten years he will be a beast. Will the Bucs take him? NOPE because they need a franchise QB so they have to roll the dice with JW. Even with all the off field stuff with him they will still take the QB. Last year it took a guy with Clowney's hype the best defensive player pretty much ever coming out to go #1. BUT thats only because there were no QB's to take. I really think if Sam came out last year Houston takes him over Clowney. they were trying to trade that pick so bad but had no takers. and Clowney is the extreme case of best defensive player.

Last edited: