• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Critical Look at the 2017 Washington Schedule/with predictions en sech

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington will get left out on weakness of schedule based on playing no one out of conference.
I don't think it is that cut and dry.

They did manage to get in last year after one loss on the back of a crappy schedule. Part of the reason was no other more deserving teams with less flaws. Impossible to predict what the rest of the top 6 or so will look like now.

I think the committee took some hits on putting UW in, but not much and there was a fair amount of bitching about any of the choices they could have made. Meaning they likely didn't have any real regret so it shouldn't be less likely on that account.

Also they now have that prior pedigree that shouldn't ever really matter, but always does. They've now been there and will get some extra credit in close calls because they are that known quantity.

I would also add that I doubt they end up having to beat a somewhat questionable Colorado type team again as their last big test. Going up against USC or even a surging UCLA team or a breakout Utah squad would be enough with no losses, and still could be enough with one loss depending on which team, when, and the circumstances around it.

As always, it will come down to what everyone else in the top 10 does and what teams look most worthy.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1NAkiv9.jpg

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Peterson continues on his coaching M.O. then Washington will take a step forward this coming year which should be enough to obliterate every team on their schedule.

Don't know if they will play USC in the CCG, but the jury is still out on that coach whatever the fuck his name is.

Washington will look dominating all season long, but we won't be sure if they are actually a dominating team until the playoffs.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Peterson continues on his coaching M.O. then Washington will take a step forward this coming year which should be enough to obliterate every team on their schedule.

Don't know if they will play USC in the CCG, but the jury is still out on that coach whatever the fuck his name is.

Washington will look dominating all season long, but we won't be sure if they are actually a dominating team until the playoffs.
Id mostly agree but I also feel like there will be like 2 or 3 where they don't look as good for what ever reason. they did it last year with Utah and Arizona and of course USC

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id mostly agree but I also feel like there will be like 2 or 3 where they don't look as good for what ever reason. they did it last year with Utah and Arizona and of course USC
That Arizona game was a motherfvker for sure. Johnny Dawkins ran and threw all over Washington that night. That kid was unstoppable.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington will get left out on weakness of schedule based on playing no one out of conference.
It'll be like last year. That can be a real possibility with a loss, probably not so much if they go undefeated.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the end of the year NFL scouts will be all over the Apple Cup seeing if Falk deserves the number 1 pick over Darnold or Rosen so expect a L for the Mutts as Luke Falk will go off.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the end of the year NFL scouts will be all over the Apple Cup seeing if Falk deserves the number 1 pick over Darnold or Rosen so expect a L for the Mutts as Luke Falk will go off.
ac02f37134b7e4e55b1746198d519f16.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sure Falk will go off, but I doubt that alone will be enough to come away with a victory. You still have to also stop UW's offense on their own home turf. Something WSU hasn't had a lot of success doing in a while now.

Last time the cougs won in Seattle UW still scored 35 in that game. And that was 10 years ago when they didn't have anything resembling their current level of talent. That was back when Tyrone was in the process of destroying the program.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sure Falk will go off, but I doubt that alone will be enough to come away with a victory. You still have to also stop UW's offense on their own home turf. Something WSU hasn't had a lot of success doing in a while now.

Last time the cougs won in Seattle UW still scored 35 in that game. And that was 10 years ago when they didn't have anything resembling their current level of talent. That was back when Tyrone was in the process of destroying the program.
Jimmy Lake's defense is set up to stop offenses like Leach's hence the reason Petersen's teams have destroyed Wazzu in the last three Apple Cups.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, once Leach has his program going, they will always pick off one of the big boys every season, somewhere somehow.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 strength of schedule rankings: USC isn't going to catch any breaks in 2017
12. Huskies
Simply put, Washington has one of the easiest non-conference slates in the country. The Huskies will play Rutgers (2-10 last year), Fresno State (1-11) and Montana (eighth place in the Big Sky). The Pac-12 schedule will provide its challenges, as the Huskies get Colorado and Stanford on the road, but they also get UCLA, Oregon, Utah and Wazzu all at home. In other words, Washington won't be giving up its Pac-12 crown all that easily this season.

Pac-12 football win-total analysis for the 2017 season
Washington
Total: 9.5
Hotline pick: Over
Comment: Three non-conference cupcakes, no USC and a veteran quarterback/line combination make the Huskies the best bet in the conference, by far, to win at least 10 of 12.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, I liked Tyrone, he wasn't a whiney little girl, not a very good coach but wasn't a baby. And of course I was kidding about us beating you unless we win like 77-70, our secondary was the 2015 recruting classes projected receiving corp.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I liked Tyrone, he wasn't a whiney little girl, not a very good coach but wasn't a baby. And of course I was kidding about us beating you unless we win like 77-70, our secondary was the 2015 recruting classes projected receiving corp.
He wasn't whiney? LOL? He threw his team under the bus time after time during post game pressers.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Lake's defense is set up to stop offenses like Leach's hence the reason Petersen's teams have destroyed Wazzu in the last three Apple Cups.

Jimmy Lake has zero to do with you guys beating us, you had more all around talent and don't have the ability to play well when we are missing our star QB and receivers.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Lake has zero to do with you guys beating us, you had more all around talent and don't have the ability to play well when we are missing our star QB and receivers.
Washington's defense is geared more towards stopping the pass than stopping the run. Not sure if that's because the PAC is a pass happy conference and that's the way Lake wanted his defense set up or for some other reason. UW rarely blitzes. They send in four guys for the most part and keep the rest hanging back. That mentality though doesn't work against a mobile QB like Sam Darnold. UW didn't blitz, Darnold scrambled and found ways to throw under the coverage.