• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9ers will work out Seneca Wallace

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it were two years ago, I would have been somewhat excited about the possibility of bringing him in. I knew this was going to happen sooner or late (cutting Josh Johnson for Scott Tolzien) - man I think that was indeed a bad decision by us. Anyway, I always thought Seneca was a better QB than Colt. Colt started ahead of him because he had the higher ceiling and with Seneca coaches knew everything about him. In our style of offense though, Seneca could very well be a better QB than both Scott and Colt.

49ers will work out backup QB Wallace, source says - 49ers - The Sacramento Bee

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If it were two years ago, I would have been somewhat excited about the possibility of bringing him in. I knew this was going to happen sooner or late (cutting Josh Johnson for Scott Tolzien) - man I think that was indeed a bad decision by us.

49ers will work out backup QB Wallace, source says - 49ers - The Sacramento Bee

I believe the 9ers went Tolzien over Johnson because Tolzien offered more in the aspect of helping the starter QB on the sidelines with what he saw and just the overall mental support aspect of the game.

Considering the timing (right before the 3rd preseason game) I just see Wallace as a guy to serve notice to McCoy and Tolzien to step their games up not someone with a serious shot at making the team.

Daniels would be the only guy I see having a shot at taking out McCoy and Tolzien because to me your 3rd string guy should always be a developmental kind of guy and Daniels would fit that bill perfectly.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colt and tolzien have been big disappointments.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seneca Wallace - QB - 49ers

49ers signed QB Seneca Wallace, formerly of the Saints.

Wallace, 33, was cut by the Saints Monday and immediately drew interest from the Niners. Colt McCoy and Scott Tolzien have struggled throughout the preseason, combining for three interceptions and zero touchdowns. Rookie B.J. Daniels is the other signal caller on the roster behind Colin Kaepernick, but he's nowhere close to being ready. Wallace is no lock to make the roster.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Aug 22 - 2:12 PM

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah this move is quite concerning when it comes to the backup QB.

It's almost like a panic move.

I would just go with BJ Daniels and Tolzien.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this move is quite concerning when it comes to the backup QB.

It's almost like a panic move.

I would just go with BJ Daniels and Tolzien.

I think I posted this somewhere else here...too many threads about this subject. BJ IMO is the top guy for the back-up spot but they are looking for a QB who has had some playing time. McCoy is gone...just a matter of days. Tolzien should be the back -up with BJ still learning....clipboard. If Wallace ,now signed, Is proven worthy, Tolzien is gone..PS maybe. BJ should still be the third...Just my opinion.