• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9 Decade MLB Draft : CHAT

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the media is spewing BS that the white community voted him in when he got essentially what Romney got from whites. He won because he did 30% with latinos and fewer black turnout

This is what the media does. They underestimated him - and those who would vote for him. They convinced themselves that Hillary would get a Reagan-like victory over Trump and she'd be giving a victory speech before the West coast even came in. Now, they are trying to find ways to explain what happened without taking responsibility for their own biased reporting throughout the election.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White America voted Obama in twice, the media needs to STFU! Trump won because of all the people who hated them both hated him less.

From what I here - those who claimed to dislike both candidates voted for Trump 70% of the time....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I here - those who claimed to dislike both candidates voted for Trump 70% of the time....

That's the exact number I've heard 70%

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so fucking tired of the media bringing race into this. They are talking right now that black and brown people are worried because so many racists support Trump, funny thing is I don't remember them saying anything like that when Obama won. Many blacks voted for him simply because they believe he's black. Fucking ridiculous...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Hilary was ready for her concession speech. She thought she had it in the bag lol

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so fucking tired of the media bringing race into this. They are talking right now that black and brown people are worried because so many racists support Trump, funny thing is I don't remember them saying anything like that when Obama won. Many blacks voted for him simply because they believe he's black. Fucking ridiculous...

This is the country we live in.

I grew up in a farming community in Eastern Washington. I have lived in Portland and Seattle (as well as Charlotte, NC). As such, I have friends and acquaintances of multiple political leanings. This morning, a cousin who grew up in my same home town and now lives in Washington, DC wrote a comment on FB that stated that it's hard to see that good people from both sides of the isle can't see the good in the people from the other side of the isle. In response, one of his friends responded that it was just impossible for them to understand what conservatives think except that they all have to be racist and misogynist, because otherwise they would think like she does. This is a tactic that has become very popular of late - if you don't agree with someone, or don't understand it - label it as something that is so despicable and hard to actually prove/disprove to destroy the other sides point of view before it can actually be heard for what it is.

P.S. it isn't like my conservative friends are any better about this - it's just right now my liberal friends are the ones that are freaking out that the world has come to an end. I would be interested to see if Miley Cyrus, Lena Dunham and Chelsea Handler all fulfill their promises to flea the country.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whites vs. nonwhite voters

• Whites made up 70 percent of voters
  • 58 percent of all whites voted for Trump
  • 21 percent of nonwhites voted for Trump
Thing about this isn't just about the numbers because Hillary won the popular vote... it's where those voters came in to vote... this is very much about race, I'm not trying to start shit about it but to ignore this is being disingenuous...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whites vs. nonwhite voters

• Whites made up 70 percent of voters
  • 58 percent of all whites voted for Trump
  • 21 percent of nonwhites voted for Trump
Thing about this isn't just about the numbers because Hillary won the popular vote... it's where those voters came in to vote... this is very much about race, I'm not trying to start shit about it but to ignore this is being disingenuous...

Its not about race even a little bit, not sure what your stats prove, if it was about race White America wouldn't have voted for Obama twice, unless you think 13% of the countries population won it for him.

Also who gives a fuck if Hillary won the popular vote, she won California, Illinois, New York... I think those states have a lot of people.

EDIT... I'm curious as to why you think this is about race, I mean for black folks it unfortunately has been too often about race, they don't wanna be called uncle tom for voting republican and they have been duped into voting democrat for 50 years and its never ever helped them, this year more Hispanics voted republican and I suspect more blacks voted republican than probably any other election the past 50 years. With good reason black folks are starting to realize democrats really have done nothing to help them.

Last edited:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the country we live in.

I grew up in a farming community in Eastern Washington. I have lived in Portland and Seattle (as well as Charlotte, NC). As such, I have friends and acquaintances of multiple political leanings. This morning, a cousin who grew up in my same home town and now lives in Washington, DC wrote a comment on FB that stated that it's hard to see that good people from both sides of the isle can't see the good in the people from the other side of the isle. In response, one of his friends responded that it was just impossible for them to understand what conservatives think except that they all have to be racist and misogynist, because otherwise they would think like she does. This is a tactic that has become very popular of late - if you don't agree with someone, or don't understand it - label it as something that is so despicable and hard to actually prove/disprove to destroy the other sides point of view before it can actually be heard for what it is.

P.S. it isn't like my conservative friends are any better about this - it's just right now my liberal friends are the ones that are freaking out that the world has come to an end. I would be interested to see if Miley Cyrus, Lena Dunham and Chelsea Handler all fulfill their promises to flea the country.

People do jump from a-3 most times, it's both sides IMO... what was/is very interesting to me is that when Obama was running, he was a "community organizer with no experience" eventhough he was also a senator... Trump is not only inexperienced, he's reckless... His campaign manager took away his twitter account for the last 3 days so he wouldn't mess things up... that's absolutely crazy when they don't know what he will do...

Here's an example of what I feel is the double standard that gets ignored... Obama is called a great divider... one example of this was when he said Trayvon Martin could have been or looked like his son... most people point to that as a divisive statement... what I heard him saying was Trayvon was followed and harassed for being a young Black male (his son would have been a young Black male) walking home minding his business and what happened was a result of people jumping to conclusions based on fear and perception without knowing anything about the person they fear... (regardless of how you feel about what happened, it started with Zim following him for no reason) Those same people don't find it offensive that Trump called Mexicans rapists and criminals... they aren't saying banning Muslims is divisive...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not about race even a little bit, not sure what your stats prove, if it was about race White America wouldn't have voted for Obama twice, unless you think 13% of the countries population won it for him.

Also who gives a fuck if Hillary won the popular vote, she won California, Illinois, New York... I think those states have a lot of people.

My stats point to numbers, clearly 58% of 70% is going to beat out 88% of the 13% of the Black vote... did you see the the number bumps from rural Whites...? White Democrats voted the same Black vote may be down a bit but red ran deep last night...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My stats point to numbers, clearly 58% of 70% is going to beat out 88% of the 13% of the Black vote... did you see the the number bumps from rural Whites...? White Democrats voted the same Black vote may be down a bit but red ran deep last night...

White America voted for the "black" guy twice. What point are you trying to make? This election had absolutely nothing to do with race, it had to do with America is tired of the direction Obama has this country headed, they are tired of hearing and seeing how corrupt Hillary is and we decided change is needed even if it's a guy who has never held public office... That alone tells me how tired we are of crooked career politicians white or black!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also who gives a fuck if Hillary won the popular vote, she won California, Illinois, New York... I think those states have a lot of

EDIT... I'm curious as to why you think this is about race, I mean for black folks it unfortunately has been too often about race, they don't wanna be called uncle tom for voting republican and they have been duped into voting democrat for 50 years and its never ever helped them, this year more Hispanics voted republican and I suspect more blacks voted republican than probably any other election the past 50 years. With good reason black folks are starting to realize democrats really have done nothing to help them.

1. Having the majority means it's not the "people have spoken" it's the interpretation of what they said...

2. I agree about the Democratic Party... my wife was pushing the Green Party HARD... I don't give a shit about who's in because I don't feel that "we" really give a shit about ALL Americans... government IMO is basically a machine to keep us moving forward, no matter who's in we don't go too far here nor there... it's why I'm not interested in voting... I didn't believe in Obama because he was Black, he gave me hope... for the first time in my life I felt the way people looked when you watch old film when confetti dropped on large crowds back in the day... after his first 4 I went back to fuck voting... I only tried to vote this time for Ritzy, only to find out they never registered me this February when I got my license renewed and checked register me... I honestly doubt more Blacks voted republican this year and I believe she carried more Hispanics than Obama and both went Democratic at a much higher rate than Republican... I'm not trying to start shit honestly... IMO this is backlash from 8 years of Obama, her message that she's going to govern similarly and a guy who made White people feel the same as Obama made Black people feel when he was running... not all White people as he didn't get 100% of the White vote, and not all White people that voted for him are racist just because he made themselves feel proud to agree with some of his message... it's why pussy grabbing could be over looked even with sexual assault cases surrounding him... it's why people can say he's the better option when he offered no true policy... ignore that he defrauded people with Trump university, not paying vendors, hiring immigrants to build, etc... long story short White America wanted a White man back in the Whitehouse... we're still a very paternalistic society...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an example of what I feel is the double standard that gets ignored... Obama is called a great divider... one example of this was when he said Trayvon Martin could have been or looked like his son... most people point to that as a divisive statement... what I heard him saying was Trayvon was followed and harassed for being a young Black male (his son would have been a young Black male) walking home minding his business and what happened was a result of people jumping to conclusions based on fear and perception without knowing anything about the person they fear... (regardless of how you feel about what happened, it started with Zim following him for no reason) Those same people don't find it offensive that Trump called Mexicans rapists and criminals... they aren't saying banning Muslims is divisive...

I think Trump winning the election has as much to do with the Dems nominating the only candidate that Trump could beat. If their candidate had been any less hated, any less scandal ridden, any more likable - Trump probably win.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trump winning the election has as much to do with the Dems nominating the only candidate that Trump could beat. If their candidate had been any less hated, any less scandal ridden, any more likable - Trump probably win.

Let's be honest, Hillary is far more Center than Left as was her husband so you can say minorities weren't as excited about her... Trump had scandal, he was hated, and he beat Cruz, Rubio, Carson and a Bush... you can say they didn't want another Bush due to corruption and cronyism just like you're saying with Clinton... but how does he beat Cruz and Rubio...? White America stood up...

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because most President's get their office as a result of being in someone's pocket. Not the case here. Plus, red across the board....he might be the most powerful POTUS ever

Well that's a terrifying thought

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets move on to what is really important. I just want to check in with Nos on Dunn. I assume the first game was not an outlier against a teams third string and the Wolves are doing great because Rubio is not there........

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets move on to what is really important. I just want to check in with Nos on Dunn. I assume the first game was not an outlier against a teams third string and the Wolves are doing great because Rubio is not there........

FUCK DUNN!!! I picked him up off the wire thinking I had a steal on Sunday and he got me 7 fucking points last game... :slaphappy:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Having the majority means it's not the "people have spoken" it's the interpretation of what they said...

2. I agree about the Democratic Party... my wife was pushing the Green Party HARD... I don't give a shit about who's in because I don't feel that "we" really give a shit about ALL Americans... government IMO is basically a machine to keep us moving forward, no matter who's in we don't go too far here nor there... it's why I'm not interested in voting... I didn't believe in Obama because he was Black, he gave me hope... for the first time in my life I felt the way people looked when you watch old film when confetti dropped on large crowds back in the day... after his first 4 I went back to fuck voting... I only tried to vote this time for Ritzy, only to find out they never registered me this February when I got my license renewed and checked register me... I honestly doubt more Blacks voted republican this year and I believe she carried more Hispanics than Obama and both went Democratic at a much higher rate than Republican... I'm not trying to start shit honestly... IMO this is backlash from 8 years of Obama, her message that she's going to govern similarly and a guy who made White people feel the same as Obama made Black people feel when he was running... not all White people as he didn't get 100% of the White vote, and not all White people that voted for him are racist just because he made themselves feel proud to agree with some of his message... it's why pussy grabbing could be over looked even with sexual assault cases surrounding him... it's why people can say he's the better option when he offered no true policy... ignore that he defrauded people with Trump university, not paying vendors, hiring immigrants to build, etc... long story short White America wanted a White man back in the Whitehouse... we're still a very paternalistic society...

What a completely ignorant statement!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK DUNN!!! I picked him up off the wire thinking I had a steal on Sunday and he got me 7 fucking points last game... :slaphappy:

YESSSSSSSS, hating Dunn is within us all. Let it all out!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure your point, did you expect him to be Magic Johnson his first 5 games in the NBA?