• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9 Decade MLB Draft : CHAT

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a completely ignorant statement!

I think if you take it personally then I agree, if you look at it in terms of what I see day in and day out in a small rural town in Mississippi you'd probably agree with me... :suds:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
116 - 80

HAHAHAA, fuck Rubio

Kris Dunn 10 points 2-3 from downtown 6 assists 5 steals in 28 minutes

I think I remember Meebs saying something about Dunn not being good defensively, I have watched 2 of the 3 games this season and he looks to be a very good defender.

Not sure your point, did you expect him to be Magic Johnson his first 5 games in the NBA?

..............no point, not at all a response to your way to early gurgling of his sack at my expense.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text 500 to re-pick

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..............no point, not at all a response to your way to early gurgling of his sack at my expense.

Oh calm down, I was messing with you

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs lost their first game....there goes 82-0. :bawling:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest, Hillary is far more Center than Left as was her husband so you can say minorities weren't as excited about her... Trump had scandal, he was hated, and he beat Cruz, Rubio, Carson and a Bush... you can say they didn't want another Bush due to corruption and cronyism just like you're saying with Clinton... but how does he beat Cruz and Rubio...? White America stood up...

I know this is a bee in your bonnet, but I don't think he got many votes because the color of his skin, or the shape and function of his genitalia. What can't be expressed enough about the primaries for the Republicans is that there are plenty of conservatives that were just as angry at Republican lawmakers as they were at Democrats. And with the dilution of the vote in the early stages of the primary, Trump was squeaking through early states without large vote counts. Had he just had to face Cruz head to head the entire way - I believe Cruz would have cleaned up. Unfortunately, Cruz; Rubio and Kasich carved the non Trump vote up for so long that the "Never-Trump"ers were too divided to stop his nomination.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you take it personally then I agree, if you look at it in terms of what I see day in and day out in a small rural town in Mississippi you'd probably agree with me... :suds:

Your average white person in Mississippi is not your average white American. Mississippi is almost a different country compared to the rest of America.

You can't just throw a blanket over it and say something so disgusting as whites wanted a white president, that's a GIANT part of the problem. Think about it, what your saying is well since America didn't elect another black guy or a Hispanic guy it's racism, as if somehow we are never suppose to have another president that's not black or Hispanic, that's so fucking stupid it hurts my head. Never take any responsibility, if things don't go your way blame racism, how cozy and warm...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Milk

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Having the majority means it's not the "people have spoken" it's the interpretation of what they said...

2. I agree about the Democratic Party... my wife was pushing the Green Party HARD... I don't give a shit about who's in because I don't feel that "we" really give a shit about ALL Americans... government IMO is basically a machine to keep us moving forward, no matter who's in we don't go too far here nor there... it's why I'm not interested in voting... I didn't believe in Obama because he was Black, he gave me hope... for the first time in my life I felt the way people looked when you watch old film when confetti dropped on large crowds back in the day... after his first 4 I went back to fuck voting... I only tried to vote this time for Ritzy, only to find out they never registered me this February when I got my license renewed and checked register me... I honestly doubt more Blacks voted republican this year and I believe she carried more Hispanics than Obama and both went Democratic at a much higher rate than Republican... I'm not trying to start shit honestly... IMO this is backlash from 8 years of Obama, her message that she's going to govern similarly and a guy who made White people feel the same as Obama made Black people feel when he was running... not all White people as he didn't get 100% of the White vote, and not all White people that voted for him are racist just because he made themselves feel proud to agree with some of his message... it's why pussy grabbing could be over looked even with sexual assault cases surrounding him... it's why people can say he's the better option when he offered no true policy... ignore that he defrauded people with Trump university, not paying vendors, hiring immigrants to build, etc... long story short White America wanted a White man back in the Whitehouse... we're still a very paternalistic society...

This is a bull shit argument. Trump won this because rural America was tired of being marginalized. This post is a great example of that very ideal. Think about your statement, you have an entire group saying we want our voices heard, and the OVERWHELMING response is "You must be racist". The condescending response from the left just pounds home the point of how marginalized they had become.

If you remove race from the equation, the biggest swing was that rural areas came out to vote in record numbers to have their voice heard finally. Trump won because of a geographic demographic, not a racial one.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to stop talking politics and just concentrate on the draft. I respect WLK, and Nos and everyone else - I would hate to have people stop doing these drafts because there was a political disagreement.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a bee in your bonnet, but I don't think he got many votes because the color of his skin, or the shape and function of his genitalia. What can't be expressed enough about the primaries for the Republicans is that there are plenty of conservatives that were just as angry at Republican lawmakers as they were at Democrats. And with the dilution of the vote in the early stages of the primary, Trump was squeaking through early states without large vote counts. Had he just had to face Cruz head to head the entire way - I believe Cruz would have cleaned up. Unfortunately, Cruz; Rubio and Kasich carved the non Trump vote up for so long that the "Never-Trump"ers were too divided to stop his nomination.

Is Cruz a better candidate...? Is Rubio...? Yes, both are different sides of the the coin... Kasich IMO is to Center to have had a chance... so that leaves the 3 IMO... To say Trump was fortunate enough to win because the others got in each other's way tell me who then voted for Trump...? Let's say of the 100 people voting Rubio got 30 Cruz got 30 Trump 40 he has to beat the 30 so how did he do it...?

Your average white person in Mississippi is not your average white American. Mississippi is almost a different country compared to the rest of America.

You can't just throw a blanket over it and say something so disgusting as whites wanted a white president, that's a GIANT part of the problem. Think about it, what your saying is well since America didn't elect another black guy or a Hispanic guy it's racism, as if somehow we are never suppose to have another president that's not black or Hispanic, that's so fucking stupid it hurts my head. Never take any responsibility, if things don't go your way blame racism, how cozy and warm...

First my example of Mississippi is what I see in my face... but look at the vote map, he killed it in small rural in the middle of America... who are those people Nos...? They didn't vote against nor for Obama, but here they are... please explain it to me without thinking about your reasons... tell me who yelled "kill Obama" in the middle of Trumps acceptance speech...? Did you watch his rallies...? Let me guess, they were plants right...? Are you of the opinion that if we disagree, just because I'm at your house you get to hit me because I'm saying I disagree with you...?

As for not taking responsibility, I simply asked was Cruz nor Rubio not a better choice...? If you think thy were then why would they not get the nomination...?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bull shit argument. Trump won this because rural America was tired of being marginalized. This post is a great example of that very ideal. Think about your statement, you have an entire group saying we want our voices heard, and the OVERWHELMING response is "You must be racist". The condescending response from the left just pounds home the point of how marginalized they had become.

If you remove race from the equation, the biggest swing was that rural areas came out to vote in record numbers to have their voice heard finally. Trump won because of a geographic demographic, not a racial one.

Who demographic lives in that geographical area...? I can admit when I'm I'm wrong but let's be serious... what is it they are saying that we aren't hearing...?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to stop talking politics and just concentrate on the draft. I respect WLK, and Nos and everyone else - I would hate to have people stop doing these drafts because there was a political disagreement.
I'd like to think that this group is mature enough for that not to happen.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, obviously people want to take attention away from my team... I respect all of your opinions, we all have been on this earth many years and see/saw things to shape our respective perspectives... I may disagree with some and you may disagree with many of mine but I don't take any of these discussions as indictment on you all if we disagree... I may be wrong and I can accept that, but regardless my life priorities are for my family to be happy and healthy, everything else takes a back seat... :suds:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who demographic lives in that geographical area...? I can admit when I'm I'm wrong but let's be serious... what is it they are saying that we aren't hearing...?

Personally as someone who lives in a city and did not vote for Trump I have very little stake in this. My disagreement is with the statement that 50% of the voting population is racist because they did not vote the way others wanted.

As to the bold EVERY political discussion, every bill passed is done with the major population centers in mind, while people that live outside of them get stuck with the bill. You can choose to see color all you want, but this was far more of a call to remember that LA and New York are not the country, just a part of it than it is a stand for "Go Whitey".

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That seems crazy to me, so what your saying is since whites who live in rural areas vote for the white guy it has to be racism it cant be they are and have nearly always leaned to the right? What % of blacks do you think voted for Mitt Romney?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems crazy to me, so what your saying is since whites who live in rural areas vote for the white guy it has to be racism it cant be they are and have nearly always leaned to the right? What % of blacks do you think voted for Mitt Romney?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion, race and gender had nothing to do with it. We just had a two term African American President, and I swear I've never heard ONE person say they wouldn't vote for Clinton because she was a woman, they didn't vote for her because she has been there 30 years without doing shit, and she was corrupt. I believe what turned the race was the feeding of debate questions by CNN. Serious outrage over that cheating and her lack of integrity. If she had been a quality candidate, I'd vote for a woman, black woman, or purple woman.