• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 HOFers NFL Draft : Chat

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500 OTC

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that but it seems like this would be hard to research, there isn't a website for shittiest players of all time, at least not that I know of. I guess we could just go back and look at each draft.
A shitty player draft would be the first one I've ever sat out lol. How about instead of year limits, we just cap it? Open up any year, but limit the number of HOF player via a cap

Total Cap....$100 million/12 players

Breakdown...
Michael Jordan...$60 million
HOF player.....$40 million
All Decade....$20 million
All NBA 1st team...$15 million
All Star....$10 million
Non All Star...$5 million

Also, at least 3 of the 12 not born in the United States.....and one of the 3 must start

Just a thought

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
having Bo Jackson compared to the other backs in here would be having your starting running back go down on his second carry of the game and have to play the rest of the way with nothing but your fullback (which luckily is at least a HoFer for you). :)

So Bo gets looked at like he is injury prone while others don't. Bo Jackson would have been elite RB if it wasn't for the fluke injury. Don't understand why he gets hated on so much on these drafts. I do have the best o-line out of everyone and the best backup RB/FB to help carry the load.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bo gets looked at like he is injury prone while others don't. Bo Jackson would have been elite RB if it wasn't for the fluke injury. Don't understand why he gets hated on so much on these drafts. I do have the best o-line out of everyone and the best backup RB/FB to help carry the load.

Would have been....that's what I always dislike about Bo in these. We don't actually know what he would have been because he never reached it. It wasn't just the injury. It was splitting time between two sports and never really reaching his potential in either of them.

Besides, I am not talking about his injury per say, I am talking about his production. I would look at Brian Bosworth the same way - and Steve Tasker for that matter. It's not that he wasn't an athletic freak, it was that he never produced much on a football field, which happens when you miss at least 5 games a year to play another sport.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one who discounts Bo. As I've said, every great RB ever were to come to an in their prime tryout, in front of a bunch of coaches who knew no names, Bo would get a lot of looks as one who'd make the team

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been....that's what I always dislike about Bo in these. We don't actually know what he would have been because he never reached it. It wasn't just the injury. It was splitting time between two sports and never really reaching his potential in either of them.

Besides, I am not talking about his injury per say, I am talking about his production. I would look at Brian Bosworth the same way - and Steve Tasker for that matter. It's not that he wasn't an athletic freak, it was that he never produced much on a football field, which happens when you miss at least 5 games a year to play another sport.

Bo was great when he played and that's all you can judge him on. Who knows what he would have done if he stayed in the nfl for 10+ years. The Boz was only good because of roids (maybe be wrong on that) and Tasker well I know nothing about him. I just goggled great WR's not in hall of game and his was in the list. I feel I built my team on a running offense with a great offensive line so to have Bo and Franco would be hard to stop.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo was great when he played and that's all you can judge him on. Who knows what he would have done if he stayed in the nfl for 10+ years. The Boz was only good because of roids (maybe be wrong on that) and Tasker well I know nothing about him. I just goggled great WR's not in hall of game and his was in the list. I feel I built my team on a running offense with a great offensive line so to have Bo and Franco would be hard to stop.
As far as the Boz and roids.....95% of the league was on them at that time. 90% of the guys in today's NFL have taken them at some point, HS, college or pro.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Boz and roids.....95% of the league was on them at that time. 90% of the guys in today's NFL have taken them at some point, HS, college or pro.

But Boz got caught

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Bo but that's why I never get him...:noidea:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're playing to win....I'd leave Dash at 2nd. If Dash isn't as good at 3rd as he is at 2nd, you've basically weakened two positions, 2nd and 3rd. My advice would be to move the kid up at 3rd base, which shortens his throw, and spend extra time having him make that throw. One good drill for a third baseman is to take a bucket of balls, toss him a hot grounder, let him make the throw, as soon as he lets it go, toss another he has to come in on and have him throw it and keep charging as you throw a 3rd thats a slow roller and throw it. Have him do this 8-10 time a practice. He'll improve quickly

That's a great point... I don't know if he's better at 3rd or 2nd yet... He's the best at any spot outside of SS that I got... My SS's instincts and first step are amazing... So the question to you is if his play at 3rd and 2nd are at least equal should I move him to 3rd, because it is an upgrade...? But I need to make sure he's still the best he can be moving to 3rd, taking your point... Great thing to think about... :yo:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to keep my opinions to myself on Bo and Tasker and you having the best O-line... I'll text 500.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I did text 500... Looks like we might be done until morning...

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro took BOTH of my freking linemen so I'll be up all night looking for new picks

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say that for sure. I still have 2 HOF spots left. I could pick both on the O-Line. Which would give me 3 HOFers on the O-Line, Bill Fralic who is on the 1980s all decade team and Bruce Armstrong who made 6 Pro Bowls.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500 you need to repick cuz Strokes took him a few rounds ago.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers 500 selects Rich Saul C