• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 HOFers NFL Draft : Chat

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that but it seems like this would be hard to research, there isn't a website for shittiest players of all time, at least not that I know of. I guess we could just go back and look at each draft.

I rarely research with "best of" or "worst of" lists anyway - but that could be the reason I rarely do well at these things....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't normally do a lot of research either but for shitty players I would unless I can just take all the players that have played for the Timberwolves!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't normally do a lot of research either but for shitty players I would unless I can just take all the players that have played for the Timberwolves!

Well, not everyone can play like Pooh...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At his age.....I played all my kids at all the spots. Lefties of course play OF/1B, but all eighties play IF/OF/C. A lot of people think letting lesser kids play SS hurts the better kids, when in reality, it's helping the better kids just as much. You can be the best SS at your age hands down, but if you have a top varsity program, you're not beating out the Jr/Sr SS. Playing multiple positions is the quickest way to break in, and you're also making the lesser kids better(they are to young to not develop), meaning later in the season, you'll kill every team you play, cause you'll have 9 good players instead of 3. JMO

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500 where you at? Jeffro is on deck and hopefully he leaves a short list if he decides to stop waiting for 500 to pick. Nos and UK have my updated 7.0 list.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At his age.....I played all my kids at all the spots. Lefties of course play OF/1B, but all eighties play IF/OF/C. A lot of people think letting lesser kids play SS hurts the better kids, when in reality, it's helping the better kids just as much. You can be the best SS at your age hands down, but if you have a top varsity program, you're not beating out the Jr/Sr SS. Playing multiple positions is the quickest way to break in, and you're also making the lesser kids better(they are to young to not develop), meaning later in the season, you'll kill every team you play, cause you'll have 9 good players instead of 3. JMO

The league is over now and we have the Allstars working... We are really good but the other coach and I were discussing third base... Most teams set the batter up to hit to 3rd so most balls are going to 3rd and SS... The kid I have at 3rd stops everything but has 3 problems... 1) weak arm 2) unreliable glove when you throw to the base (but he can catch some) 3) he doesn't know when he should throw to 2nd and when to tag his own base automatically (we tell him when to do which but he has gone to a touch his base then throw to 2nd approach every time)... Moving him to 2nd lowers his responsibilities because he would only have to make the throw to 1st from where he fields the ball or run to 2nd to tag the base (he's the fastest kid out there, he runs track with 6th-8th graders... The only kid on his team not in middle school, he's in 1st grade)... We can then get Dash to throw to second from 3rd because SS knows when to cover and can catch, problem is SS now must run his plays to second instead of being able to throw to second... So basically we are losing a little in the middle but we're putting a huge upgrade on the corner... I feel like moving Dash is the right move, I was just hoping somebody would say "no keep him at 2nd"... I sent Smitty a pm and he crushed my hope as well... Dash at 3rd is a no brainer for him...:tsk:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll text Jeffro.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On daddy duty right now, gonna be a bit.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanna say my Twins have the best record in the American league and only the Cards have a better record in baseball... The chances we keep playing so well are slim but this sure is fun!!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is over now and we have the Allstars working... We are really good but the other coach and I were discussing third base... Most teams set the batter up to hit to 3rd so most balls are going to 3rd and SS... The kid I have at 3rd stops everything but has 3 problems... 1) weak arm 2) unreliable glove when you throw to the base (but he can catch some) 3) he doesn't know when he should throw to 2nd and when to tag his own base automatically (we tell him when to do which but he has gone to a touch his base then throw to 2nd approach every time)... Moving him to 2nd lowers his responsibilities because he would only have to make the throw to 1st from where he fields the ball or run to 2nd to tag the base (he's the fastest kid out there, he runs track with 6th-8th graders... The only kid on his team not in middle school, he's in 1st grade)... We can then get Dash to throw to second from 3rd because SS knows when to cover and can catch, problem is SS now must run his plays to second instead of being able to throw to second... So basically we are losing a little in the middle but we're putting a huge upgrade on the corner... I feel like moving Dash is the right move, I was just hoping somebody would say "no keep him at 2nd"... I sent Smitty a pm and he crushed my hope as well... Dash at 3rd is a no brainer for him...:tsk:
If you're playing to win....I'd leave Dash at 2nd. If Dash isn't as good at 3rd as he is at 2nd, you've basically weakened two positions, 2nd and 3rd. My advice would be to move the kid up at 3rd base, which shortens his throw, and spend extra time having him make that throw. One good drill for a third baseman is to take a bucket of balls, toss him a hot grounder, let him make the throw, as soon as he lets it go, toss another he has to come in on and have him throw it and keep charging as you throw a 3rd thats a slow roller and throw it. Have him do this 8-10 time a practice. He'll improve quickly

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure about that Steve Tasker pick. He was a special teams player and a shitty WR. He could hit the shit out of mofos though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure about that Steve Tasker pick. He was a special teams player and a shitty WR. He could hit the shit out of mofos though.
I agree. It would be like taking Bill Bates to be your Safety

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he did play 13 seasons and score on 18% of his catches for his career!!!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanted Bo Jackson so stop hating. :D

having Bo Jackson compared to the other backs in here would be having your starting running back go down on his second carry of the game and have to play the rest of the way with nothing but your fullback (which luckily is at least a HoFer for you). :)