• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #8 Florida vs. #6 LSU

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida has impressed me enough that LSU got my #1 spot for beating them. That was a great game.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woot!

Sounds like it was a good game.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on that fake FG..how is the QB not considered down on that throw?

This your 1st ever weekend of watching football? There has always been an exception to the rule, concerning a holder's knee being "down" on a fg attempt. Now if he wouldve taken his knee off the ground and put it back down, he'd have been down, but that clearly didnt happen. But yeah, the holder can throw a pass from that "knee down" pre-snap positioning.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also spikes should be illegal. It is intentional grounding.

Wrong. Go read the rule book, spanky. Spiking the ball is a legitimate act protected within the rules

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aint no shame in our game we still have a shot ... it took a trick play to beat us.. im ok with that. This season has just gone so much better then anticipated Not gonna bring Me down. .. we stil in it and that's all that matters. . ::cheer2:

Treon's first game in a long time. He played OK and I suspect he will get better as the timing gets better. Don't think he will ever be the passer Grier is, however he brings a different set of skills to the table. LSU had to keep a spy on him all night which leaves them one person short for pass protection. If his passing game can improve some, IMO, Florida can win with him. LSU beat us because they have the best running back the college game has seen in many years. If our passing game was just a little better, we could have kept him off the field more. Hopefully we will see them in Atlanta in a couple of months and there we will win.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I was impressed with Florida, they are better than I originally thought.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because it's pretty elementary. You new to football?
Well since they substitued a QB for the holder and his knee was down, that is why i asked.. it wasnt the normal holder .. I am not new to football skippy.. but Ill give you a pass this time

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since they substitued a QB for the holder and his knee was down, that is why i asked.. it wasnt the normal holder .. I am not new to football skippy.. but Ill give you a pass this time

Why would it make any difference which person is playing the position of the holder? :noidea:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, were I a Gator fan, I'd enjoy the knowledge that it took a trick play from a pretty good team to beat my team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a QB is usually the holder for those plays, normally it's the backup.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, were I a Gator fan, I'd enjoy the knowledge that it took a trick play from a pretty good team to beat my team.
Im in a Great mood... my team may have lost the battle but we are still in the war... I was pretty sure we were going to compete way better than then originally predicted..which we did!.. kept one of the best rushers in the nation to under 200 hundred yards for the game. . Now its a week off then the cocktail party.. :suds:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a QB is usually the holder for those plays, normally it's the backup.
Yeah as i looked up the exception it actually says teammate so it can be anyone...but for some reason i thought to advance the ball forward they couldn't have a knee down when hiked. . But you can I guess they don't consider a holder to be in posession of the ball. .vs say a FB/TE/WR etc

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treon's first game in a long time. He played OK and I suspect he will get better as the timing gets better. Don't think he will ever be the passer Grier is, however he brings a different set of skills to the table. LSU had to keep a spy on him all night which leaves them one person short for pass protection. If his passing game can improve some, IMO, Florida can win with him. LSU beat us because they have the best running back the college game has seen in many years. If our passing game was just a little better, we could have kept him off the field more. Hopefully we will see them in Atlanta in a couple of months and there we will win.
Treon is holding the ball too long. He needs to work on throwing to a spot and trusting his receiver to be there, rather than waiting for him to get there.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Um...Florida was ranked were they not ?

Shouldn't they also be thankful of the start of the game where LSU muffed up the punt return ?

I mean ...c'mon man !

From all the silly bitching about the refs....questioning the place holder throwing a pass....

Florida almost won ! They came out second place in scoring...1 spot away from winning ! :dhd:

So yeah....They ALMOST won ! Happy now ?

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...Florida was ranked were they not ?

Shouldn't they also be thankful of the start of the game where LSU muffed up the punt return ?

I mean ...c'mon man !

From all the silly bitching about the refs....questioning the place holder throwing a pass....

Florida almost won ! They came out second place in scoring...1 spot away from winning ! :dhd:

So yeah....They ALMOST won ! Happy now ?

That is the point, we made a few mistakes that really cost us and if it wasn't for that we would have won. LSU won the game, they were the better team yesterday. I hope we get a rematch at the Dome.

We as Florida fans are happy where the team is at, we could have easily won that game last night against a top 6 team in one of the hardest places to play in the country with our back up QB. Not trying to take anything away from LSU because they are a good team, we are just looking ahead at the potential of this team.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the point, we made a few mistakes that really cost us and if it wasn't for that we would have won. LSU won the game, they were the better team yesterday. I hope we get a rematch at the Dome.

We as Florida fans are happy where the team is at, we could have easily won that game last night against a top 6 team in one of the hardest places to play in the country with our back up QB. Not trying to take anything away from LSU because they are a good team, we are just looking ahead at the potential of this team.

I think your team is very good. I am pretty sure the Gators will win the East. I hope LSU wins the West. It would be a great rematch in Atlanta !