• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/27 Knaves @ Rook

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I leave you guys alone for one night . . .
The Giants do like to face mediocre pitching . . . so that they can make them feel like they have a long MLB career ahead of them.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ought to bat the pitcher in the #3 spot in this lineup. It has been a veritable black hole this season. Last or second to last in the league in every offensive category for the #3 hitter, no matter who it is.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least tz gets to celebrate tonight.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes, I swear to God (my apologies Stokesy) it's like the Giants don't care about my feelings.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes, I swear to God (my apologies Stokesy) it's like the Giants don't care about my feelings.
Did you piss them off, somehow? Maybe they are doing this just to get back at you for something...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Baggs:

Outfielder Jarrett Parker was in the clubhouse and worked out before the game, and it’s likely he’ll be activated for Sunday’s game, whether Pence is ready to play or not. Bochy said Pence continues to improve, but is still day-to-day.

I am at the point of hey, if you can't help us now, sit for a while. We have a banged up club that isn't hitting. We cannot afford for guys to be day-to-day and miss a week, then ten days, without some sort of replacement. I know September 1st is only a few days away, but if we have such a depleted lineup that we lost to the Braves, we can lose more games in the West and in the WC standings by not doing anything. I admire Pence coming back from an awful injury, and wonder if he is full speed yet. He certainly isn't hitting like it. And if the med staff missed Blanco's injury for two months, what else are they missing?

Reactions: LHG
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain just got shelled in Fresno, so why in the name of goodness would we bring him back to pitch against the high powered Cubs? Does he have a death wish or something? He wasn't ready to face Boston and got shelled. If he isn't ready, he isn't ready.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain just got shelled in Fresno, so why in the name of goodness would we bring him back to pitch against the high powered Cubs? Does he have a death wish or something? He wasn't ready to face Boston and got shelled. If he isn't ready, he isn't ready.
Because he's a competitor, and sometimes competitors can only think about getting back into the game, blind to how it may actually hurt the club.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Baggs:

Outfielder Jarrett Parker was in the clubhouse and worked out before the game, and it’s likely he’ll be activated for Sunday’s game, whether Pence is ready to play or not. Bochy said Pence continues to improve, but is still day-to-day.

I am at the point of hey, if you can't help us now, sit for a while. We have a banged up club that isn't hitting. We cannot afford for guys to be day-to-day and miss a week, then ten days, without some sort of replacement. I know September 1st is only a few days away, but if we have such a depleted lineup that we lost to the Braves, we can lose more games in the West and in the WC standings by not doing anything. I admire Pence coming back from an awful injury, and wonder if he is full speed yet. He certainly isn't hitting like it. And if the med staff missed Blanco's injury for two months, what else are they missing?
If Pence isn't put on the dl, who gets removed from the roster? As far as fielders go does someone get optioned (Brown? Panik?) or is someone else going on the disabled list?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Bobby Evans even admitted that bringing Cain back against Boston was a mistake given the high-profile game it was. Yet here we are.