• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/2 Strangers @ Scrabble

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated to do it, but...

I just unfollowed Hank Shulman.

Dude is absolutely insufferable. I followed him for Giants talk. But he is 90% political nowadays.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated to do it, but...

I just unfollowed Hank Shulman.

Dude is absolutely insufferable. I followed him for Giants talk. But he is 90% political nowadays.

A lot of sports talk has been mostly political for a while. Some of it is due to no sports. And it seems like the majority of it is from a single point of view.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury or sickness?

The news last night was "finger discomfort". On the broadcast, they speculated about a blister forming.

From The Athletic:

• Starter Drew Smyly left before throwing a pitch in the fifth inning. The Giants cited “discomfort” in his left index finger, which apparently wasn’t caused by a blister. When asked how the injury occurred, Kapler didn’t have much in the way of details. “He was pitching,” said Kapler, who told reporters that Smyly would soon undergo an MRI to diagnose the problem.

Last edited:

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The news last night was "finger discomfort". On the broadcast, they speculated about a blister forming.
Got it. I do wonder why Andrew Suarez hasn't gotten the call yet? He was one of the 3 on the taxi squad. The other two initially on that squad (Tromp & Duggar; counting Tromp since he was supposed to be the catcher on that squad) have gotten called up when a change in the roster for their position was needed. Just find it interesting that he keeps getting passed over for a roster spot.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of sports talk has been mostly political for a while. Some of it is due to no sports. And it seems like the majority of it is from a single point of view.
I don’t want to get too deep into that side of the discussion. But yes, I have also had a hard time stomaching KNBR because those talking heads have been edging into the political arena as well (and as you stated, all spouting groupthink)

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to get too deep into that side of the discussion. But yes, I have also had a hard time stomaching KNBR because those talking heads have been edging into the political arena as well (and as you stated, all spouting groupthink)
I know that this is a discussion board focused on the Giants, and so we leave politics out, but politics is getting quite intermixed with at least the analysis and discussion part of sports. From my perspective, it seems that people are getting more entrenched in their positions and have been making it an unspoken requirements to surround themselves with like minded individuals. I see that on all sides of the spectrum. I guess its great if you agree with those positions, infuriating if you don't. Ultimately, it may just be bad completely.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the first 5-inning game by starter is an official shat bed, does it still count as breaking the streak?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATE HATE HATE this new 3-batter rule.

#WorseThanTheDH??

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that this is a discussion board focused on the Giants, and so we leave politics out, but politics is getting quite intermixed with at least the analysis and discussion part of sports. From my perspective, it seems that people are getting more entrenched in their positions and have been making it an unspoken requirements to surround themselves with like minded individuals. I see that on all sides of the spectrum. I guess its great if you agree with those positions, infuriating if you don't. Ultimately, it may just be bad completely.

The 90s are on line 1...they'd like their observation back.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tromp: Take THAT baseball and you phuking Strangers.

Tripp: Hold my beer.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATE HATE HATE this new 3-batter rule.

#WorseThanTheDH??
I just checked the box, and this was not as a result of the retarded new rule. This was entirely on Kapler. Triggs finished the 6th, so he was not required to face 3 batters.

WHY THE FUCK LEAVE HIM IN WHEN HE CLEARLY COULD NOT FIND THE ZONE TO SAVE HIS LIFE????